+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Next Generation iPhone On Tap for Fall 2012

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
gonna skip the 4s and stay with my 4 till this new one comes out what ever it will be prob gonna be the iphone 4gsi or something like that
    Green Apple
    Thanks

gonna skip the 4s and stay with my 4 till this new one comes out what ever it will be prob gonna be the iphone 4gsi or something like that

Thanks

So if they won't skip numbers where the hell is the iPhone 2 ???

I HOPE they don't name the next iPhone "5" just to see a lot of people very surprised !!

People talk About the iPhone 5 like it already exist, My "dear" sister-in-law always says "I'm gonna get the 5" "I'm just gonna wait for the 5" if you don't have money to go to the apple store and get an iPhone 4S like Most people did shut the F up and don't be saying "I'm gonna get the 5" we all know you just broken!! Coņo
    Last edited by duromega; 02-21-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks

my contract's not up til fall 2013 -- got the 4S on release. but I figure that's perfect since it might take forever to get the jailbreak for this fall's model. october-January without the jailbreak on my 4S felt like an eternity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tabit View Post
    the iphone 4SS is next
    I would be upset

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyBeagle View Post
    iPhone 4G
    Bwaahaahaa. I would laugh so hard if it was called the 4G. But than again, all of these purists would logically? think the next one would be iPhone 7.
    ....And when they came out with the iPhone 4GS they would hold out for the iPhone 8. Because they think names are important.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Could you call the next iPhone 6th generation though? If you look at design of Apple's products, doesn't a generation represent a radical new design? If so, we'd only be approaching the 4th Gen of iPhones, but the 6th overall model.

1st Gen
    iPhone 1 had its own design (metal back, yay!)

2nd Gen
    iPhone 3G had a new design (plastic back, yuck!)
    iPhone 3GS had the exact same design (no changes, but it's 2x as fast!)

3rd Gen
    iPhone 4 had a new design (glass, and a crappy antenna, yay!)
    iPhone 4S had an almost identical design (still glass, better antenna, and i can talk to it, yay!)

4th Gen
    iPhone 5. There's no way they'll skip 5 and go to 6 when the last one was called "4S".

That's just my opinion. But if you start calling it '6th gen' I would urge you to reconsider how you classify the generation gap between phones beyond what year it was released. Because right now, that's the only thing used to determine what generation device it is and that just doesn't sit well (IMHO).

Beyond all that business...a fall release would bum me out. I really don't want to keep rocking this iPhone 4 for another 8 months. I've tasted the 4G LTE goodness on a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket on AT&T here in San Francisco and I can't wait to get my hands on an iPhone with that kind of speed (both network speed, and the dual-core 1.5ghz chip).
    Quote Originally Posted by idkanymore View Post
    Well it went from 3G to 3GS to 4 to 4S so the next is probably the 5. It's not like they skipped any numbers (the gen hasn't played a role in what number iPhone it will be. It just counts the phones that have been released)

Wow I just realized how many people commented on this lol. And I'm surprised how many people think apple names their phones according to the generation and not in sequence with their actual title. The public doesn't care what "gen" it is, they just know the last phone was the 4S
    So why do you think the iPhone 4 was named iPhone 4? Because it was the 4th iteration of the phone! And to date it's the only phone whose name related directly to its generation number. Saying the iPhone 4 was part of the 3rd generation iPhone makes ZERO sense. But it just so happened that the 4th generation came right after the 3G and 3GS phones, so it made sense to everyone.

My money is on calling it either iPhone 4G if it has that capability (no direct relation to its generation number), or using some other suffix, either a word or some other alphanumeric coding. I'm betting both iPhone 5 AND iPhone 6 will not happen. Just doesn't sound right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    So if they won't skip numbers where the hell is the iPhone 2 ???

I HOPE they don't name the next iPhone "5" just to see a lot of people very surprised !!

People talk About the iPhone 5 like it already exist, My "dear" sister-in-law always says "I'm gonna get the 5" "I'm just gonna wait for the 5" if you don't have money to go to the apple store and get an iPhone 4S like Most people did shut the F up and don't be saying "I'm gonna get the 5" we all know you just broken!! Coņo
    Exactly the reason why it will be called in the iPhone 5. Everyone is expecting it, everyone wants it. Media outlets are already calling it the iPhone 5, free advertising for Apple.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Sorry to go off but you twats that argue what the next phone will be called need to get a freakin life! Who cares what it's called (beside you loser twats)?
    Agreed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If they dont give it a bigger screen. and make it as awesome to hold (build quality) as the current design.. im leaving apple fanboy city!

dont care what number they call it.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123