+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Next Generation iPhone On Tap for Fall 2012

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Puka1701 Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'! Originally Posted by Jacobh4 I agree because the iPhone 4S was the 5th iPhone, so the next will
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
    Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    I agree because the iPhone 4S was the 5th iPhone, so the next will be the iPhone 6 (hopefully).
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    If the iphone 4s isn't considered the 5th generation, they what was the 3rd generation? Based on your own logic it couldn't have been the 3GS.....

1. iphone
    2. iphone 3G
    3. iphone 3GS
    4. iphone 4
    5. iphone 4S

6th gen: Fall 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Eliminate the first iPhone, since they didn't use numbers, they started at number 3 with the iPhone 3G. After that, any iPhone with a "S" attached to it only counts as a half a generation. Use that logic and the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5!!
    Shut up.

/beatingdeadhorse
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 02-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Eliminate the first iPhone, since they didn't use numbers, they started at number 3 with the iPhone 3G. After that, any iPhone with a "S" attached to it only counts as a half a generation. Use that logic and the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5!!
    I agree, if they choose it to be "iPhone 6" the MAJORITY of people (who don't give a crap that it's the 6th generation) will be totally confused. Maybe it would make more sense to developers, the mmi community, or anybody who pays attention, but most people DONT pay attention, and Apple is targeting normal people. Personally, I would be just fine if it were called the iPhone 5.
    God Bless

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

THis is the dumbest thin'g i've heard all day. "Eliminate the first iphone..." No, stfu. The first iphone was THE FIRST iphone! Are you dense? First gen iphone, leading up to the 6th gen iphone in 2012. Just stop trying to validate that the 2012 iphone will be the 5th. You can't count...

Thanks

Could you call the next iPhone 6th generation though? If you look at design of Apple's products, doesn't a generation represent a radical new design? If so, we'd only be approaching the 4th Gen of iPhones, but the 6th overall model.

1st Gen
    iPhone 1 had its own design (metal back, yay!)

2nd Gen
    iPhone 3G had a new design (plastic back, yuck!)
    iPhone 3GS had the exact same design (no changes, but it's 2x as fast!)

3rd Gen
    iPhone 4 had a new design (glass, and a crappy antenna, yay!)
    iPhone 4S had an almost identical design (still glass, better antenna, and i can talk to it, yay!)

4th Gen
    iPhone 5. There's no way they'll skip 5 and go to 6 when the last one was called "4S".

That's just my opinion. But if you start calling it '6th gen' I would urge you to reconsider how you classify the generation gap between phones beyond what year it was released. Because right now, that's the only thing used to determine what generation device it is and that just doesn't sit well (IMHO).

Beyond all that business...a fall release would bum me out. I really don't want to keep rocking this iPhone 4 for another 8 months. I've tasted the 4G LTE goodness on a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket on AT&T here in San Francisco and I can't wait to get my hands on an iPhone with that kind of speed (both network speed, and the dual-core 1.5ghz chip).

Green Apple
    Thanks

The new iPhone will be called the iPhone Extreme Dream Bionic Sonic Boom......Duh.
    I think 'Bionic' is trademarked. GAWD how we don't need that lawsuit.

Thanks

Im pretty sure itll be called iPhone 5
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would they jump right to 6? Their going to continue the trend. 4/4s/5/5s. They found a way to make a in the middle iPhone and still get profit off it. So jumping from 4/5/6. Wouldn't make sense to them finically. Just my 2 coppers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I skipped 4s and I definitely getting iphone 6 or whatever they going to call it. I don’t like being tied to contract and will get one from apple store .
    Last edited by iYeow; 02-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks

iPhone 4G
    MyPhone is better than yours

Green Apple
    Thanks

The iPhone 3G was named for its UMTS 3G cellular radio, not for being the third generation iPhone. If you look at the reasons behind the names, you can get a better understanding of how Apple comes up with them. My best guess is that the next iPhone will be called 'iPhone 4G', and will feature a LTE (or other 4G) radio.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry to go off but you twats that argue what the next phone will be called need to get a freakin life! Who cares what it's called (beside you loser twats)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Sorry to go off but you twats that argue what the next phone will be called need to get a freakin life! Who cares what it's called (beside you loser twats)?
    I agree. No matter what we say, or how many people say it, Apple will name their products what they want to name them.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As far as release date, why would they change it back to the way it was? It's now set for a fall release, deal.
    Last edited by rkswat; 02-21-2012 at 03:55 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
    Wow.. I was expecting a few more months for an upgrade. I have an old iPhone 3G. I cant wait 6 months for a new phone..
    Wow I feel sorry for you... Go ahead and upgrade to the iPhone 4s, it's a great phone. And the sooner you upgrade the sooner you can upgrade, again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

To the clowns here iPhone 4s is the 5th gen iPhone hence iPhone 5 lol. It makes no sense for apple to use iPhone 5 on the 6th gen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my 4s off Craigslist so that my upgrade will still be good for the new one when it comes out. That way I can have both. Then just sell the 4s and that will pay for the upgrade price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    I agree because the iPhone 4S was the 5th iPhone, so the next will be the iPhone 6 (hopefully).
    Well it went from 3G to 3GS to 4 to 4S so the next is probably the 5. It's not like they skipped any numbers (the gen hasn't played a role in what number iPhone it will be. It just counts the phones that have been released)

Wow I just realized how many people commented on this lol. And I'm surprised how many people think apple names their phones according to the generation and not in sequence with their actual title. The public doesn't care what "gen" it is, they just know the last phone was the 4S
    Last edited by idkanymore; 02-20-2012 at 07:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 4s but will just use my taxes to buy the next one. So fall schedule fits me perfect. And there will still be a couple months in between to iron out any wrinkles before i get one.

Thanks

I know ONE thing... I'm sick of these "discussions" on what the next phone will be called/numbered. Christ. Shut the hell up and wait on the damn phone if it's that serious. EVERY time, EVERY article where the next iPhone is brought up, we get pages of this nonsense.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got my 4s in dec. and I see nothing
    wrong with it! Very good product and very
    stable, use it to the max! Now if there was
    a free upgrade to the 5 and it had features
    that look worth it, I might upgrade.