+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Final Fantasy Creator Teases Three New iOS Games

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Final Fantasy Creator Teases Three New iOS Games

Final Fantasy series creator, Hironobu Sakaguchi, recently teased three new games pending for the iPhone while he was found promoting the upcoming Wii title, The Last Story. Sakaguchi managed to keep most of the details to himself but he did mention that the first of the three titles will be a “surfing game” rather than one of his traditional RPG style games. As far as the other two games go, he didn’t provide any information except for saying that they would be smaller titles that would be serving as “palate cleansers” following his work on The Last Story.

For those of you who don’t know much about Sakaguchi, he started the Final Fantasy franchise in the 1980s and he was a part of Square Enix until leaving to form his own company in 2004. The reason he decided to make these three games is because he claims that he is a huge fan of Apple and its products. One other thing he did mention was that he doesn’t believe that smartphones or tablets will be displacing console gaming completely anytime soon.

We’ll definitely have to keep an eye out on these games as Sakaguchi is a legend in the video gaming industry and will probably make a title worthy of playing for the iOS platform as well.

Source: GameCentral

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

Hope they aren't just running through corridors like XIII.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Hope they aren't just running through corridors like XIII.
    +1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

2k1 (02-18-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly haven't seen anything from square worth much of my time since FFXI (I liked it, many would argue X was their last decent game). They seem to be focusing 100% graphics and 0% gameplay. That, and they want to re-invent the turn-based and leveling mechanics, which have been flops this last few times IMHO. I'd gladly take ports of 7,8,9,10 any day, so long as they are reasonably priced (under $5... it's a port FFS).

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I honestly haven't seen anything from square worth much of my time since FFXI (I liked it, many would argue X was their last decent game). They seem to be focusing 100% graphics and 0% gameplay. That, and they want to re-invent the turn-based and leveling mechanics, which have been flops this last few times IMHO. I'd gladly take ports of 7,8,9,10 any day, so long as they are reasonably priced (under $5... it's a port FFS).
    Agreed. X was the last one I truly enjoyed. In fact, it's right up there with my favorites. 7 is great, but that's gotten more than its share of fanfare and attention. I'd kill to have a remake of 6. Hands down my favorite, primitive or not. Twice as many playable characters as any other and still more character development. Those were great days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Honestly, id pay about $15.00 for a proper release of 6,7,8, or 9.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy Tactics!! One of the all-time best square/Final Fantasy games ever! One of my personal favorites of any game actually, the iOS version brought back so many memories!

And....did I read that correctly...was that a typo?? A SURFING game?!? Hahahahaha, that is the funniest thing I have heard today. If i sat here all month, trying to think of a type of game that the creator of FF would never create, I could not have come up with something funnier, or more unlikely then a surfing game! Cloud hitting the waves! Haha, awesome. While hilarious, let's hope the other two games are just a tad closer to what you would expect from the creator of Final Fantasy!
    El Zurdo

Thanks

i know we already have a chrono trigger ios game for the iphone/ipad, but damn... i really wish it was FULLY retina display, rennovated like how FFIII is..