+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Wins Injunction Against Motorola Over “Slide-to-Unlock”

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kevin317indy how dare apple defend an idea they came up with!!! They should do all the innovating and then give away their ideas for free! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ apple
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin317indy View Post
    how dare apple defend an idea they came up with!!! They should do all the innovating and then give away their ideas for free!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ apple did not come up with this idea holly ******* hell, another company using a windows mobile phone came up with the slide to unlock......

  2. #22
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    I didn't realize SOPA passed and we weren't allowed to be on this forum if we don't agree with Apple.
    Lol epic fail.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    What are you doing on this site again? You either own an Apple product or you just have nothing better to do with your time then try and make Android look better then Apple, in which case you're wasting your time. The rest of us are on here for a reason, we enjoy our Apple products. I don't know when the last time you compared a stock Android to a JB iPhone but the iPhone wins hands down.

    Yes, SOPA was created at an attempt to stop piracy, which would let the government shut down any website where it was suspected there was any form of copyright infringement, etc. In the end it would limit what sites we could go to, hence the metaphor...

    I have owned an iPhone 3g, 3gs, & a 4 and still own an iPad, which I plan to sell. And then I'll still be on this site until the sheep ban me for not agreeing with the all powerful Apple.

    I compare my stock Android to my old jailbroken iPhone everyday, and it's better in everyway. Yeah, a JB iPhone is so much better with all their widgets, weather on the lockscreen, animated weather, live wallpapers, swype, and anything else I forgot

    Apple has every right to protect what they've created no matter where it started from, the end result is all theirs.
    Yeah, that's the way to think about it!! Let's not care of who made anything anymore. Btw, next time you have to do an assignment for school/work, let me know so I can steal it and submit it. It shouldn't matter if you put it in the work, the end result should be all mine.

  4. #24
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin317indy View Post
    How dare apple defend an idea they came up with!!! They should do all the innovating and then give away their ideas for free!
    They didn't come up with the idea. Gotta love how this site likes to leave out tidbits of info. Heres a bit of info from another site:

    "It 's curious that Apple got this far on the slide to unlock patent – Apple’s patent is of very questionable veracity since prior art – the slide to unlock
    gesture of the Neonode N1m (see photo below) preceded Apple’s patent application, and in fact other German courts have indicated doubt about the patents validity"
    German court hands Apple victory over Motorola on "slide to unlock" patent

  5. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    Yes, SOPA was created at an attempt to stop piracy, which would let the government shut down any website where it was suspected there was any form of copyright infringement, etc. In the end it would limit what sites we could go to, hence the metaphor...

    I have owned an iPhone 3g, 3gs, & a 4 and still own an iPad, which I plan to sell. And then I'll still be on this site until the sheep ban me for not agreeing with the all powerful Apple.

    I compare my stock Android to my old jailbroken iPhone everyday, and it's better in everyway. Yeah, a JB iPhone is so much better with all their widgets, weather on the lockscreen, animated weather, live wallpapers, swype, and anything else I forgot



    Yeah, that's the way to think about it!! Let's not care of who made anything anymore. Btw, next time you have to do an assignment for school/work, let me know so I can steal it and submit it. It shouldn't matter if you put it in the work, the end result should be all mine.
    Lol so I was right, you just have nothing better to do with your time then bash on Apple. Now everyone on here could really care less what you have to say....and yes, if you compared an old JB iPhone to a new Android device the Android would probably win, because its an OLD iPhone, it's not that hard to understand why. And your analogy for writing an assignment and stealing it is a major fail lol!

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    We can't wait too, then you can f**k off and not bother this forum anymore
    Haha I love you too <3

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
    They are just protecting IP, nothing childish about it.
    "their IP"? you do know that slide to unlock is NOT an apple invention and existed on a phone waaaaaay before the iPhone right? you do know that don't you?

    apple stole the idea, patented and will now use it to hinder competition.

    but seriously, do you really think slide to unlock is that important? my Galaxy S II already uses something entirely different.

    hopefully this patent will be ruled invalid as it is prior art.

  8. #28
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,848
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 989 Times in 729 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    "their IP"? you do know that slide to unlock is NOT an apple invention and existed on a phone waaaaaay before the iPhone right? you do know that don't you?

    apple stole the idea, patented and will now use it to hinder competition.

    but seriously, do you really think slide to unlock is that important? my Galaxy S II already uses something entirely different.

    hopefully this patent will be ruled invalid as it is prior art.
    Hey man. Apple won. Lol.

  9. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by inappropriate response View Post
    They are just protecting IP, nothing childish about it.
    I hope you are as happy when same thing happen to Apple.
    Apple steal GSM technology from Nokia and steal 3G technology from Motorola, this is something both company can prove because of the cost of R&D. Apple's excuse? They ask for too much money so we just use it without permission nor will we pay anything to use it.

    Unlike Apple bogus patent an idea that it did not come up with and able to get an injunction with it, how much did they grease to get this injunction through? Was it the same person that granted Apple injunction request on Samsung device?

  10. #30
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ apple did not come up with this idea holly ******* hell, another company using a windows mobile phone came up with the slide to unlock......
    No that was a swipe gesture to unlock there was NOTHING on the screen to move on that piece of crap Neonode N1m.

  11. #31
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Lol so I was right, you just have nothing better to do with your time then bash on Apple. Now everyone on here could really care less what you have to say....and yes, if you compared an old JB iPhone to a new Android device the Android would probably win, because its an OLD iPhone, it's not that hard to understand why. And your analogy for writing an assignment and stealing it is a major fail lol!
    I didn't realize the iPhone 4 was that old? I bought my HTC Inspire last year in February not that much longer after the release of the iPhone 4, and even with the release of the 4s, which has better specs, I still enjoy my Inspire more.

    Yup, I bash on Apple and the Apple mentality of people. I don't agree with the whole Apple suing everybody for everything, because it's stopping any type of innovation. Apple did not create cellphones or touchscreens, they took existing technology and improved it. How is Apple going to turn around and sue companies who took other existing technology and further improved them. Android took the slide to unlock idea idea, turned it into a ring and added app shortcuts that you can use to open apps you choose. And what does Apple do? They tried to sue for that in the German court as well. How is that innovation different than the gesture from the Neonode with the addition of a button and instructions?

    I also don't believe in the whole fanboys saying that iPhone is the uber top phone of all times when it's obviously not. The iPhone is not the master of all phones, each OS has its advantages and disadvantages. For myself, I prefer an Android over an iPhone, yet I got my mother an iPhone 4 a few months ago because of the simplicity of it.

    And do tell how my analogy was a major fail? You put in the work of creating something for the assignment, I take it and submit it, the I get praise for the end result.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts