+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.1 Leak Shows Small Change to Lock Screen Camera Icon and Japanese Siri Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 5.1 Leak Show Small Change to Lock Screen Camera Icon and Japanese Siri Support

Brazillian iPhone website blogdoiPhone is claiming to have a “pre-GM” version of iOS 5.1.

As proof, the Brazilian blog shows pictures of an iOS 5.1 lock screen complete with a permanent camera icon and Japanese Siri support in the menu system. The GM version of iOS is the final candidate used in a software release.

The current beta release of iOS 5.1 features the ability for users to add the camera icon to the lock screen by double tapping the home button. According to blogdoiPhone the permanent camera icon acts as a slider revealing the camera app when users pull the icon up the screen.

The blog also provided screens of Japanese support in the iOS menu system. If real, this confirms Siri’s own leaking of the digital assistants soon to be support for Japanese users. Apple has promised to add Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish language support to Siri.

Apple will likely announce the iOS 5.1 update alongside the announcement/release of the iPad 3.

Source: blogdoiPhone [via AppleInsider]

Thanks

That's a really cool camera icon

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

It's almost Zephyr-like.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Siri wasn't lying at all then...

Banned
    Thanks

The lock screen already has the camera icon if you double click home so thats nothing new but the icon is different so how is that news?

It must be a REALLY EXTREMELY boring day for that to be headline news.

Whats next? Oh they changed the App Store icon from blue to a slightly lighter shade of blue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    The lock screen already has the camera icon if you double click home so thats nothing new but the icon is different so how is that news?

Whats next? Oh they changed the App Store icon from blue to a slightly lighter shade of blue?
    Was this just too long for you to read? They mentioned all that already, it's just that the camera icon is permanent and you slide up on it to open the camera rather than pressing it. And yes they are small leaks to the iOS 5.1, it's all in the title...don't bother opening it if it doesn't interest you lol.

Thanks

You should be banned troll, if you have nothing positive to say, don't say nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlrule View Post
    Was this just too long for you to read? They mentioned all that already, it's just that the camera icon is permanent and you slide up on it to open the camera rather than pressing it. And yes they are small leaks to the iOS 5.1, it's all in the title...don't bother opening it if it doesn't interest you lol.
    The dude has mental issues bro, lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sliding the camera icon may be a little cool, but is it not more convenient to tap it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

With a permanent button you would be more likely to pocket snap lol I like the slide up idea. When the hell are they going to release 5.1, didn't they originally say around Xmas time? Isn't it supposed to have more fixes for all these damn 4S problems :-(.

-Luke

Thanks

I have the camera icon enabled all the time on my lock screen using springtamize and I find it very useful. This would be a great addition to ios.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya.....can't wait for 5.1....the only problem is, once it is released, who knows how long we will have to wait until its jailbroken. Obviously not updating to a unjailbroken 5.1, no matter what is added/improved. Not complaining, just saying....
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Only reason to update is if u need the language file for Siri. Also will include those mysterious bug fix files.

Thanks

Slide the camera icon up? How long before there is a stupid lawsuit over that lol

Thanks

I won't update unless a jailbreak is supported for firmware 5.1!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

I think the camera icon being there all the time will be useful. For some reason, probably 80% of the time I try to double-press the Home button while the phone is asleep, it only turns on the display with the normal Slide to Unlock bar and no camera icon. It's like one of the home button presses wasn't recognized. Then I either have to double-press again to get the camera icon, or just go ahead and slide to unlock and press the camera icon right there on my home screen.

So having it there with just one Home button press will be nice, IMHO.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You would be one of those people complaining that the camera button is broken on the lock screen once 5.1 comes out.