+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SiriLaunch - Open Siri From Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
While simple to invoke, Siri can be a pain to open occasionally. If you have a damaged home button that goes crazy when you press and hold on it, then
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] SiriLaunch - Open Siri From Notification Center

While simple to invoke, Siri can be a pain to open occasionally. If you have a damaged home button that goes crazy when you press and hold on it, then you may find invoking Siri to be problematic as you have just opened up the App Switcher or found yourself on your home screen instead by mistake. If you’re fed up with having to use the home button and you don’t feel like using up any of your Activator actions, then you can use this new jailbreak tweak dubbed SiriLaunch by iOS developer Jude Jean-Pierre.

As indicated by the screenshot above, SiriLaunch includes a button in the bottom left-hand side of your Notification Center, which when tapped, will launch the Siri interface for you. The button is not without its flaws; it does not exactly look alluring and what’s more is that it doesn’t work with a popular jailbreak tweak called Flowtation, which adds different animations to opening and closing Notification Center. You can tell that it appears that the top part of the circle has been cut off graphically. When you tap on the button, Siri launches with Notification Center still visible:

As several people would agree, Notification Center is becoming even more cluttered with extraneous buttons. Countless Twitter tweaks, text-messaging tweaks, and others may conflict with SiriLaunch because of that. SiriLaunch does not create any unnecessary lag for Notification Center or Siri upon installing and the launch time after tapping on the button is generally quick. It would be good for someone looking for an alternate way to launch Siri, but it's not for everyone, as there are still a handful of people that would prefer the old-fashioned method of holding down on the home button to invoke Siri.

SiriLaunch is free from the BigBoss repository in Cydia. You will need to have iOS 5 and some kind of Siri capability to use it; SiriLaunch works with Siri ports such as Spire just as well as it does with Siri on the iPhone 4S. We have a list of working, credible Spire servers available for you at this link. SiriLaunch will also work just fine with the new method of making Siri work on older devices which we shared with you yesterday called AssistantConnect.

Overall, the temptation to install SiriLaunch is limited only by your urge to use hardware or software to launch Siri. I will cross my fingers and hope that the icon is updated to appear more visually attractive. It appears to work just fine with IntelliScreenX.

Name: SiriLaunch
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.2.0-2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jude Jean-Pierre
    Editor's Rating: . 3.5/5

Sources: Cydia

Banned
    Thanks

Works nicely.

When you close Siri it goes back to NC so you have to close twice to get back to springboard.
    Thats not a problem, just saying how it is.
    I like it the way it is. The last time I said something like that it got changed for the worst.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 02-16-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What's the tweak to add the small message button on the bottom right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisei View Post
    What's the tweak to add the small message button on the bottom right?
    That's messages+, you can get it for $8 I think by itself or if you get intelliscreen x it automatically comes with it. Best $10 tweak I've bought in a long time

Thanks

Siri pops up some times when I leave an app, without holding it just pressing it once. It is VERY annoying when music is playing.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

My home button is essentially useless and most of my activator actions are taken up. This is awesome, thanks.

Thanks

tried it and liked it !!!

but what is the tweak with the clock/date and twitter message on top of the screen ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    That's messages+, you can get it for $8 I think by itself or if you get intelliscreen x it automatically comes with it. Best $10 tweak I've bought in a long time
    Or you could get biteSMS for a much smaller fee and/or free with ads.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k9patrol View Post
    tried it and liked it !!!

but what is the tweak with the clock/date and twitter message on top of the screen ?
    That's IntelliscreenX. Very nice tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great tweak only I didn't care for how the icon laid across the slide on the lock screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

It's cool I like it thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pretty neat tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    when locked with intelliscreenX, it puts the icon right where the slider to unlock is.... uninstalled

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like they fixed the icon where it was cut off at the top

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adammsu1983 View Post
    when locked with intelliscreenX, it puts the icon right where the slider to unlock is.... uninstalled
    the app has adjustable settings in the settings.apps. You can move where you want it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by riggs1986 View Post
    the app has adjustable settings in the settings.apps. You can move where you want it.
    just side to side. if anything i would want to move it up, so as to be at the same level as the "messages" icon when locked (or just above the lock slider, not under it)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Does anyone know how to change the icon? It being cut off is really starting to annoy.