+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] PowerSoundDisabler - No More Chirping When Connecting to A USB

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think putting a toggle to choose which effect you want would make this better. Either no charge sound, no vibrate, or both. I personally hate the vibrating when it
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

I think putting a toggle to choose which effect you want would make this better. Either no charge sound, no vibrate, or both. I personally hate the vibrating when it plugs in. Don't have a prob with sound. That's usually changed to something more to my liking with a theme or on vibrate.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    I think putting a toggle to choose which effect you want would make this better. Either no charge sound, no vibrate, or both. I personally hate the vibrating when it plugs in. Don't have a prob with sound. That's usually changed to something more to my liking with a theme or on vibrate.
    Great idea!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Or you could like just flip the switch on the side? I have it set to silence instead of rotate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Great idea!
    Better to give a suggestion to improve a tweaks usefulness than to deem it useless. It's a blessing for someone out there.

Thanks

It's funny that my 8 year old Nokia dumb phone can have 5 different alert profiles where you can set anything on how your phone alerts you and can even be set to automatically activate at certain times of the day.

I guess Apple thought that it may be too complicated for people when it wasn't complicated 8 years ago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    It's funny that my 8 year old Nokia dumb phone can have 5 different alert profiles where you can set anything on how your phone alerts you and can even be set to automatically activate at certain times of the day.

I guess Apple thought that it may be too complicated for people when it wasn't complicated 8 years ago.
    And that's why we jailbreak. For the freedom of choice. To mold our devices to our own unique personalities, and not be confined to the simplistic dream of a monotonous piece of hardware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Has anybody ever noticed that little switch above your volume controls on the iPhone? It does the same damn thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by letmusicring View Post
    Has anybody ever noticed that little switch above your volume controls on the iPhone? It does the same damn thing.
    That switch doesn't stop the vibration though, what about those with a broken switch?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hope someone can do the same for camera shutter

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

I just dropped my phone onto the hardwood floor after plugging it in! Made the strangest noise when I plugged it In! I completely lost it and tripped out, spinning around to see if I was getting jumped!! I felt overwhelmed and things had caught me COMPLETELY off guard!
    I GASPED and 'CRINGED!!!!
    LMFAO so HARD !!!!!
    Haha. I wonder what loud noices would do2 you? You seem a little young to be so STARTLED by an iPhone? Is that not why you u took this job? To copy 80-90% of the articles from every blog site only to regurgitate the near plagiarism on this once great and favorite site of mine.

If only balls were where they should be and not up some fAn boyz *** I am sure knowing how to remove this simple code for the charging act would STILL not have caused me to be taken off my guard lol.

I RECOMMEND CLONIZAPMS 2mg sublingual under tounge as needed.

To be disturbed by the sound we have all come to Appreachate as it audibly alerts us to a great fact. That battery zapping phone is getting juiced up. Be like gas pumps with no noice. Just have to watch close to see what's up.

Off guard REALLY?! I have a broken 4 I will send you. It makes no noice.

I could see this hack for drug users and tweakers avoiding all noices and distractions.

Besides useless it is easy to remove urself.

Epic fail and defiantly pass
    Last edited by djjessejames; 02-15-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
    This "tweak" is for the super lazy. Just go to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and delete or rename beep-beep.caf. Done.

If you need this "tweak", you have no business with a jailbroken device.
    +1
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anime007 View Post
    hope someone can do the same for camera shutter
    This tweak isnt anything new. I had one installed on my 4 and 3g that disabled the charge sound. Also there was one for the camera shutter. I dont know if they are iOS 5 compatable but I think the one for the shutter was called "Silent Photo", and for the charge "Silent Charge".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank goodness. This is a tweak I didn't even realize I wanted/needed until I read this. Very good idea. I'm getting it now. Much appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by murubanec View Post
    Yes, but this tweak doesn't modify system files, only empty-implements one SB method.
    I don't like when tweaks modify system files...

As for the sound/vibration toggle question - it's not that easy, since vibration patterns are "somehow" bound to system sounds.

And the last note... if you don't like it, don't install it. It's simple. Those discussions are pointless.
    He was saying that no one should need a tweak for this. They should just be able to do it themselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post
    Takes you off guard? The sound your iPhone makes when you know you're plugging it in, that it makes every time you plug it in, takes you off guard? Off guard like, "WHOA!! The hell was that?!" or takes you off guard like one of those maze pranks where when you get close to the end the exorcist girl pops up? Help me understand how a phone that makes sounds all day unexpectedly when anyone texts, calls, or emails, takes you off guard when you intentionally plug it in to charge. I've never heard of anyone needing to take a Prozac before plugging their phone in to charge but whatever works.
    The YouTube video "sneezing baby panda" comes to mind for me haha. Caught off guard? The guy must be a nervous wreck with all the other sounds the iPhone makes...like INCOMING CALLS! haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by letmusicring View Post
    Not every iDevice has a mute switch.

Quote Originally Posted by FilSmith View Post
    Thank goodness. This is a tweak I didn't even realize I wanted/needed until I read this. Very good idea. I'm getting it now. Much appreciated!
    I'm glad to hear that it suits your needs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed it because i detest the charging chirp. Those who like it or "aprecheate" it or however u misspelled it should perhaps just not install it instead of try to use your (lack of) wit to convince others they dont need it while trying to look cool. Which you just dont manage to look.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I wish there was an actual tweak that made your regular volume and ringer volume the same thing. Ever since I've upgraded my iPod 2G to my iPT 4, it's been bugging that they aren't the same thing. The 2 Gen iPod never had 2 different volumes because it doesn't make calls.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I wish there was an actual tweak that made your regular volume and ringer volume the same thing. Ever since I've upgraded my iPod 2G to my iPT 4, it's been bugging that they aren't the same thing. The 2 Gen iPod never had 2 different volumes because it doesn't make calls.
    The multitasking app switcher has a volume control slider. This may make it easier for you, but I would like to see the two integrated too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The multitasking app switcher has a volume control slider. This may make it easier for you, but I would like to see the two integrated too.
    I think you can choose wether or not to have the volume control the ringer and iPod volume together in the stock settings.