+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SiriLoveLyrics - Ask Siri to Show You Lyrics

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] SiriLoveLyrics - Ask Siri to Show You Lyrics

With the release of the AssistantExtensions plugin framework for Siri, developers have been hard at work with making Siri more useful. There have been quite a few recent plugin releases that have been made for Siri using AssistantExtensions. If you are a fan of these plugins, then you may enjoy a new one dubbed SiriLoveLyrics by iOS developer Pigi Galdi that allows you to have song lyrics displayed by the command of your voice.

From the screenshot above, you can see the excellent design of the plugin. It looks the way that I would expect Apple to have implemented it. More importantly, it works great! There is a prerequisite to using SiriLoveLyrics in that you need to have your music playing from the iOS Music application. SiriLoveLyrics will not pick up lyrics for external music sources such as Spotify - you will get a message saying, "iPod is not playing." This also hints to you that you need to be playing music to grab lyrics.

When you want Siri to show you the lyrics of your currently playing music, you simply invoke Siri and say, "show lyrics" or, "show text" and Siri will grab the song name, artist, and lyrics for you. You will be able to scroll through the lyrics right from Siri's interface and read them. One thing you will enjoy about SiriLoveLyrics is that when you are playing music, the music will pause just long enough for you to ask for lyrics and then when it finds the lyrics, the music will start playing again even while you have Siri open. Normally when you have Siri query something for you, all music quiets down until you exit Siri.

I find the use of SiriLoveLyrics to feel very native and fun. Pigi is currently working on a way to make the lyrics displayable even when you are not playing music from the Music application so that you can view lyrics even when in a music application such as Spotify, Pandora, or Grooveshark. I recommend this Siri plugin to anyone who has Siri installed on their iDevice (including Spire) that chronically listens to music. It truly feels like it belongs with Siri and you will barely even recognize that it is a jailbreak tweak.

Name: SiriLoveLyrics
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.1
    Repo: Modmyi
    Developer: Pigi Galdi
    Editor's Rating: . 4.5/5

Sources: Pigi Galdi

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

My sirizone server has been down since yesterday, till it's fixed and up and running I'm not interested in a Siri mod. Sirizone need to keep it up!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    My sirizone server has been down since yesterday, till it's fixed and up and running I'm not interested in a Siri mod. Sirizone need to keep it up!!!
    Apple is combating Siri servers by requiring more than just a proxy, certificate, and iPhone 4S key. Be patient while they update what's needed.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Apple is combating Siri servers by requiring more than just a proxy, certificate, and iPhone 4S key. Be patient while they update what's needed.
    If that I have a 4s and Siri only works half the time I need it or everyother time I try to use it, if your going to sell a device with something like Siri make it better and more reliable before u bring it to market

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    If that I have a 4s and Siri only works half the time I need it or everyother time I try to use it, if your going to sell a device with something like Siri make it better and more reliable before u bring it to market
    What? The guy has an iPhone 4. Not 4s. My sirizone has been fine. Still working now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    What? The guy has an iPhone 4. Not 4s. My sirizone has been fine. Still working now.
    Exactly, "What?"

I am talking about an iPhone 4 or Spire device. No clue why he is bringing up the iPhone 4S.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nice tweak, but I'm enjoying the WeeLyrics add-on to the NC for this purpose. Both could use support for Pandora, Spotify, etc.

Thanks

Or that maybe the demand for service is greater than what the server can provide.

Thanks

I'm bringing up the 4s cause I hate how unreliable Siri is thanks to ppl like u trying to hack the software into your ip4

Thanks

Or that maybe the demand for service is greater than what the server can provide.
    SiriZone? I doubt that. They're pretty good with traffic because of the servers that they have.

I'm bringing up the 4s cause I hate how unreliable Siri is thanks to ppl like u trying to hack the software into your ip4
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-14-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think he is just a writer for mmi not a actual developer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just purchased this and it's pretty impressive! Said "show lyrics" and boom it was there right away!

Thanks

another good review dude!

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think he is just a writer for mmi not a actual developer
    Pffff I wish I could right apps I can do HTML CSS java php so far

Thanks

Pffff I wish I could right apps I can do HTML CSS java php so far
    You often unwarily daze from one topic to another while you reply to comments and it makes following your reasoning very tough. One moment you are speaking of being angry about people using Spire now you are wishing that you could code. Some more clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

You often unwarily daze from one topic to another while you reply to comments and it makes following your reasoning very tough. One moment you are speaking of being angry about people using Spire now you are wishing that you could code. Some more clarification would be appreciated.
    Try reading what Tucnepo said
    And I said Siri not Spire

Thanks

Try reading what Tucnepo said
    And I said Siri not Spire
    You were actually talking about hacking Siri. The only hacked Siri is Spire. This is called inductive reasoning.

Thanks

You were actually talking about hacking Siri. The only hacked Siri is Spire. This is called inductive reasoning.
    I consider adding Siri to any device that it doesn't come with it without it being installed from Cydia, is hacking Siri into your device

P99
    Thanks
    SiriLoveLyrics doesn't know any lyrics. I tried with 9 songs and got nothing. Back to Cydia to uninstall.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Nice tweak, but I'm enjoying the WeeLyrics add-on to the NC for this purpose. Both could use support for Pandora, Spotify, etc.
    Server not found message since I bought this app. If you don't
    have the backend to support this it is useless. Let the buyer beware.
    I know it's only a $1. :-(
    Last edited by Wicrowe; 02-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.