+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cellhelmet: We Guarantee Your iPhone 4/4S With Our Case

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Are you one of those people that dresses their iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S in the most protective case available because you're afraid that the world is going to break
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Cellhelmet: We Guarantee Your iPhone 4/4S With Our Case

Are you one of those people that dresses their iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S in the most protective case available because you're afraid that the world is going to break it just by looking at it? If you're one of these kinds of people, then you should have a look at one of the KickStarter events going on right now called cellhelmet. It's a case for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S made out of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) rubber. Above is an image of how it looks with an iPhone inside of it, but the best part about this case is that if your iPhone is broken while inside of the cellhelmet, cellpig.com promises you a free replacement for the broken parts, or if not fixable, a new iPhone - no matter how damaged it is. You just need to pay $50 for the handling. The only catch is that the warranty does not cover water damage. How is that for customer service?

The warranty comes with the purchase of the case and lasts for one year after its purchase. In order to be accompanied by the warranty, you must register with cellhelmet within 30 days of purchasing the case. The cellhelmet case will retail for $44.99, but you can reserve your pre-sale copy of the case for $40 from the KickStarter Web page.

The case is a total of 4.9 inches tall and 2.7 inches wide with a thickness of .478 inches. The cellhelmet will come in many different colors which are interchangeable in regards to your own tastes. When you buy a cellhelmet case, you get two colored back plates which you can choose upon purchase. The colored sets include the following: pink/purple, green/blue, or black/white. Unfortunately, you cannot mix and match them. To change the back plate color, you simply take out the phone and slip in the color you want which is indicated by the diagram below:

I think that the appearance of the case could be better, but in terms of protection, nothing fares better than an absolute iPhone warranty if it is damaged while in the cellhelmet case. I think that the value of the warranty far out-sells the case itself. If you used to have a one-year warranty on your iPhone 4 and it has ran out after the last year that you've owned it, then this case gives your iPhone 4 a second chance. After your year of protection from cellhelmet runs out, you can buy another cellhelmet case and you get a brand new one-year warranty. So technically, you can keep your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S under warranty forever. There are no extraneous fees for the warranty whatsoever, however you will need pay the $50 handling fee for the replacement. These cases are made in the United States of America and nowhere else!

Sources: KickStarter
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.

*T*
    Thanks

I might get this just so I can finally hit my phone with a hammer.

There are 2 of my life goals that have to do with Apple:
    1) Eat pasta off an iPad
    2) Smash every most-recent edition Apple product with a sledgehammer.

Thanks

*T*, you have serious issues bro, but I must say, I want to eat pasta off of an iPad too... at Dante & Luigi's in Philly. It would be money well spent.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

why do you want to eat pasta off of an iPad? I dont get it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So for $94.99 I can get a new iPhone to replace mine which has a scratched screen?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

If you're going to eat pasta off an iPad, you should use this wallpaper:

http://kickboxingnewprovidencenj.fil...1/12/plate.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I might get this just so I can finally hit my phone with a hammer.

There are 2 of my life goals that have to do with Apple:
    1) Eat pasta off an iPad
    2) Smash every most-recent edition Apple product with a sledgehammer.

+1 no doubt...there is an app for that.
    I like the video when the guy interrogates the iPad

Oh and otter box is the answer...
    Last edited by Cellular; 02-10-2012 at 09:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    So for $94.99 I can get a new iPhone to replace mine which has a scratched screen?
    Plus $50 handling. So $144.99.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    Case cost: $44.99
    Handling cost: $50
    Total cost: $94.99

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    If you're going to eat pasta off an iPad, you should use this wallpaper:

http://kickboxingnewprovidencenj.fil...1/12/plate.jpg
    Bahaha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Or...
    Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post

Or you can just leave it without a case and goto WorthAveGroup and insure it for less than that. All this is doing is offering your insurance, no different that if you went to square trade, worthavegroup and the like; only thing is, they give you a case...LOL!

I'll stick with my 9.99 case and when I break it, I send it off and for a 50.00 deductible, I get a fixed or brand new phone.

Just my humbled opinion!

chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Thanks

I will stick with my lifeproof case I took my phone out the other day and it was like brand new no dust or anything

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks

I doubt it... you get reimbursed for the cost of parts to replace your scratched screen...

....if your iPhone is broken while inside of the cellhelmet, cellpig.com promises you a free replacement for the broken parts, or if not fixable, a new iPhone - no matter how damaged it is,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll stick to my lifeproof case also. Protects against everything including water...and their customer service is great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like they might have a lot of people purposely breaking their phones in order to get a new one.

Thanks

I suppose you can if you don't mind committing minor fraud.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats an ugly looking case. Ugly-thick cases covering the sexy iphone are always being used by ugly people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffmelanie1 View Post
    I'll stick to my lifeproof case also. Protects against everything including water...and their customer service is great!
    LifeProof only replaces the case if there is damage. They do not replace or repair any damaged electronics... only the case is covered.
    For $80 for the case and only a year coverage if you register it, I will keep looking.

Thanks

Break idevices, put in case
    ????
    Profit!?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

What is considered broken? Has anyone read the fine print? Does a scratched screen qualify as "broken"? I would doubt it . How would the case protect the screen from scratches? Cracks, yes, I could see covered....but I wouldn't be sure about scratches...as it is not a "broken" phone....just a ugly one.
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 02-11-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I can pretty much guarantee that IF your phone breaks whole inside this case and you try to get your phone fixed or replaced by this company I'm sure there will more than likely bee the loop hole of, "there's not enough damage on the case to PROVE you were using it at the time of damage", so they'll just get out of their "warranty", got your 49.99$ and $50 S&H, and say you're a liar......bye bye. It isn't the first company to provide such a guarantee and screw you out of it when their product doesn't prove out to be what they claim. Shy of having a video of your phone in the case showing the about screen (SSN, ECID, etc...) and getting broke good luck getting the benefit of their warranty.