Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] NCColors - Change the Hue of Notification Center

Default [Review] NCColors - Change the Hue of Notification Center

Notification Center is an awesome part about iOS 5, but Apple's failure to include any kind of configuration to appearance has been a melancholy feeling for iOS users everywhere. As jailbreaking comes to the rescue again, another great customization tool for Notification Center has surfaced. Dubbed NCColors by iOS developer Pathkiller29, this jailbreak tweak allows you to change the hue and appearance of your notification center is RGB sliders and another heavily requested feature. The settings for NCColors can be viewed below:

Beginning with the most essential feature of any tweak is the ability to enable or disable it at the user's leisure. This has been included for you, as well as the ability to have Notification Center blur your background so that whatever is visible behind Notification Center is out of focus instead of the default setting which makes everything appear as if you are looking through colored glass. The blurred background functionality comes from iOS developer and hacker Ryan Petrich who developed FastBurredNotificationCenter (available on Ryan's beta repository for free).

NCColors give you the option to have the blurred effect with any color that you want. As you would expect from the RGB sliders, you can play around with the color choices until you get exactly what you want. If there's anything that I like better than having a list of pre-defined colors to pick from, it's the unlimited RGB slider method. You can pick any color or anything in between.

NCColors is currently free in Cydia from the Modmyi repository. If you are looking for a decent way to brighten up the appearance of Notification Center, then I recommend NCColors. Since it is free and has unlimited color potential, the value is absolutely there. I would like to see the option of having a solid appearance added apart from the default appearance which makes Notification Center transparent to whatever is behind it.

Please note that if you are using a jailbreak tweak such as Flowtation, this tweak will not look as great since Flowtation contradicts the meaning of NCColors. Flowtation tries to move whatever you're viewing below Notification Center and NCColors will keep the whatever you're viewing showing below a colored film which visually doesn't feel right. I would pick between the two.

Name: NCColors
    Price: FREE
    Version: .5-1
    Repo: Modmyi
    Developer: Pathkiller29
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Pathkiller29
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks

Customization for NC is always nice. Especially when it's free!

Thanks

Are you kidding? This is probably the most useless thin over ever heard of lol

does't blurriedncbackground do this already..

It seems that this is actually faster and have less memory usage than BlurriedNCBackground.

Edit: The effect look like steam. ISX slide to unlock is not accessible when the notification center is down.(Edit: It works, just no animation.)
    Last edited by Tashawn; 02-10-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    It seems that this is actually faster and have less memory usage than BlurriedNCBackground.
    Yes. It does. It's based on Ryan Petrich's implementation of BlurriedNCBackground called FastBurredNotificationCenter. It's a lot less resource hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yes. It does. It's based on Ryan Petrich's implementation of BlurriedNCBackground called FastBurredNotificationCenter. It's a lot less resource hungry.
    Is fast blurred in cydia? I don't see it.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Default its decent
    this app installs itself to user directory ...cydia indicates that with a hazard looking symbol anyways it worked but the on/off switch is useless so had to uninstall it

Exclamation This app broke my WinterBoard!
    This app broke my WinterBoard!

I wanted to try this app, noticed it's not fully compatible with other packages
    I have installed, and so removed it again.

But then, WinterBoard broke. I did a respring, reboot, ... no luck.
    I had to reinstall WinterBoard to fix the issue.

After some google-ing, I seem to be the only experiencing this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Is fast blurred in cydia? I don't see it.
    Yes. In Ryan Petrich's Repo.