+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] WeeTrackData - View Data Usage in Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard No. I mentioned this in the article. It tells you your data signal strength not your Wi-Fi strength. That! Got confused due to when you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    No. I mentioned this in the article. It tells you your data signal strength not your Wi-Fi strength.
    That! Got confused due to when you are connected through Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi icon shows instead of the 3G one (in the status bar), therefore I pretty much assumed the percentage was regarding the Wi-Fi connection. Sorry I got that mixed up. Thanks for clarifying.

Edit: Is it just me or does the font look a bit blurry when compared to the stock font used in stock widgets? Definitely doesn't look as sharp.

Also would be cool if it worked as nicely on the iPad. I reckon it works properly but it is displayed in a funny way (works fine in landscape mode).

Here:

Guess you can also realize it looks a bit blurry or just not as sharp...probably not the same stock font.
    Last edited by CMartins; 02-10-2012 at 06:12 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    That! Got confused due to when you are connected through Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi icon shows instead of the 3G one (in the status bar), therefore I pretty much assumed the percentage was regarding the Wi-Fi connection. Sorry I got that mixed up. Thanks for clarifying.
    That is another thing I would change about the application since it's easy to confuse.

Thanks

I've got a 6GB monthly limit. I know, I have been lightly taking advantage of my data usage until i get the courtesy text in the middle of my monthly cycle reminding me that I have used up 75% of my usage, then before i know it, i'm up to 90% within 2 mins of my last text. I haven't made any crazy downloads between that 2 min gap nor have I made any, outside my wi-fi area from my house. So I shut off my 3G function from my iphone 4. However the unfortunate thing, was that would disable any incoming calls. So I only shut it off during the daytime until my unlimited evenings and weekends are in effect. Then when I was inactive from using my iPhone at all, i checked my notification center and to my surprise, my last text read that i was over 200.00 from my monthly plan. I was NEVER over that much before. So I give my provider a courtesy call to explain that, those courtesy texts were useless to me

this weetrackdata would be ideal if at 75% flash with yellow and alert, and at 90% flash with red and alert.

I've got a 6GB monthly limit. I know, I have been lightly taking advantage of my data usage until i get the courtesy text in the middle of my monthly cycle reminding me that I have used up 75% of my usage, then before i know it, i'm up to 90% within 2 mins of my last text. I haven't made any crazy downloads between that 2 min gap nor have I made any, outside my wi-fi area from my house. So I shut off my 3G function from my iphone 4. However the unfortunate thing, was that would disable any incoming calls. So I only shut it off during the daytime until my unlimited evenings and weekends are in effect. Then when I was inactive from using my iPhone at all, i checked my notification center and to my surprise, my last text read that i was over 200.00 from my monthly plan. I was NEVER over that much before. So I give my provider a courtesy call to explain that, those courtesy texts were useless to me

cydia # 2389409
    this weetrackdata would be ideal if at 75% flash with yellow and alert, and at 90% flash with red and alert.
    Last edited by five0.gutierrez; 02-10-2012 at 08:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

•Give us two reasons you need WeeTrackData
    - To avoid abuse and being abused! Not only do SPs charge a lot, they cap it and I'm a REAL user, know it inside-out and want to
    use it anywhere anytime without going broke.
    - I've managed with an iPod touch for... ever... Can connect to many places where they only use WEP. But in the end I always
    end up wanting to access e-mail, pictures, video, social networks when WiFi is less likely, like in the car during rush hours. Now
    for the good part: I came into sense and bought my iPhone finally, now that was expensive, don't want to pay more just to be
    able to use it how it is meant to. So I get an unlocked one not just for travel, but to use with my old reasonably priced plan,
    which does not include data. Data gotta be paid separately, to force myself against spending too much due to my obsessions
    and against paying a ridiculously large monthly fee. Want to control my budget. Now this tweak is a wicked thing to have for that.

•Tell us one way it could be improved
    - Have not tried it so can't give a full review and set of ideas but two are no-brainers for me: a) Get that wi-fi icon and percentage
    thing changed so that they are intuitively understood. How? Don't know. Why? Because it is so unclear that I simply do not
    understand what they do and are for. Now that's a big deal. b) Add location to the stats: so your phone switches to Wi-Fi where
    available and spares you a good bunch of bucks, so where do I really save vs where did I think I would save money and did
    not because the signal was lost or whatever reason?

•Include your Cydia number in the comment so that we can credit your account
    one,two,five,nine,eight,one,four

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I know if I won a free copy of this killer app? Even if I didn't win, it's worth donating for continued development to make it even better!

Thanks

I need WeeTrackData because i just got landed a killer phone bill because i didn't realise i had gone over my limit due my carrier sending out of date text messages regaarding data usage. However this wouldn't have happened if I had this tweak.
    Another reason I need this tweak is so I can show all my jailbroken friends how useful it is so they can buy it and use it!
    One of the ways it could be improves is by including a monthly reset of the billing period instead of a number of days, as my billing period ends on the same day every month.
    My cydia number is #3543499.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Two reasons
    I have a 50MB data plan which is a very small amount for me
    In the city there are not much wlan hotspots

Improvement:
    Add color signals when limit is reached

cydia number #273448

Thanks

I need to use an app of my carrier (Orange Spain) to view the data comsuption and it's very slow, When it works!! (Sometimes don't works)
    i'll change the icon of the wifi and option to notify when the llimit it's near to finish.

cydia account # 147093

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1. I have a limited data plan and i mistakenly go over that limitation every month or every other month. Forcing me to dump more money to at&t.

2. a sweet improvement would be a push notification once data is at 90% used to alert the user of when their data consumption is near end.

3.cydia# 3547031

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1. Two reasons I need WeeTrackData: A. Managing my data plan, and B. Seeing my usage in the Notifications Center. I don't want to have to open another application all the time to check usage.

2. One way to improve it: provide some sort of passive feedback when approaching your data limit. Limit to be set up the user, as well as either a percentage used or absolute amount of data left at which point to send a passive notification (could be a message on the lock screen from the notification center, an SMS, etc. I like the idea of color coding the widget to reflect current total usage, as well.

3. Cydia 200141

Thanks

2 reasons:
    1. to remove other similar apps that take away my space (however little that space might be)
    2. to track down my monthly data plan as most ppl

how to improve it:
    1. add notifications for when a certain % is reached (like a warning on 80% of plan etc)
    2. add a "projected usage" tab so that we can check if we are about to exceed our data plan if we keep up making the same usage
    3. switch positions between last 7 days tab and today's use tab since it's more important to view how much data you've used today than view your 7-day history
    4. change the wi-fi signal icon so that ppl dont get confused. make an icon like 3G))) - where ) are drawn from smaller to bigger, representing the signal strength

cydia account: #969257

Thanks
    WeeTrackData will help me, as it's name implies, track my data usage. Especially when you're not on an unlimited data, WeeTrackData will inform you of your daily usage, even on a monthly basis! What's pretty nice about the tweak is that you can set your data limit so you can see your progress on real time. Slick! It's a must-have for 3G hoggers like me! WeeTrackData can be improved maybe on the UI side, it needs a 'lil bit of Apple love. Also, it would be nice if it will include a chart or something where you can see your data usage for the past months. Lastly, maybe add an alert for when you've reached 70% or 80% of your data usage, so you'll be informed when your nearing your limit.

Thanks ModMyi, Anthony and Albert!

Cydia# 2878917

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using a GoPhone AT&T sim on my iphone (as I'm an internation student and have no SSN to sign a contract). Data packet is expensive ($25 for 500MB). With this jailkbreak, I can make sure that I always have data on my phone, especially in places where I'm not familiar with.

My cydia #3206221

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Winners:

keenpois0n
    recognition
    winfis
    haslam_web
    rivryan
    cmkracke
    five0.gutierrez
    gren
    SithStrife
    joliano24

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

sweeeeet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi!
    1. Two reasons I need this wonderful plugin: I have only 200mb on my data plan, it would help me to use the last MBs wisely. It would also help me to see when I'm using too much data in one day.
    2. It could have some kind of monthly statistics for apps or overall statistics for month/day.

Thanks for the great plugin.

Edit:
    OK, a little bit too late But I think my suggestions might be useful.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks! Got mine in my Cydia account today

Edit:
    but I can't get it to work!? tried disabling all my other jailbreak tweaks but still nothing? any help
    Last edited by recognition; 02-15-2012 at 04:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need weetrackdata because I have an data plan and many time I'm gone out my data plane!!
    Don't know what could be improved... I don't have it !! However a coloured bar which show the amount of data plan used should be usefull!!
    My Cydia id is: #152840

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Edit.
    Last edited by aarontabitha; 02-16-2012 at 04:24 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)