+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mass Effect 3 iOS Game Tie-In to Directly Affect Console Counterpart

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Mass Effect 3 is under two months away, and much like its predecessor will get its own iOS game tie-in, but the similarities end there. Mass Effect 2’s tie-in—Mass Effect
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mass Effect 3 iOS Game Tie-In to Directly Affect Console Counterpart

Mass Effect 3 is under two months away, and much like its predecessor will get its own iOS game tie-in, but the similarities end there.

Mass Effect 2’s tie-in—Mass Effect Galaxy—was a top-down action game that focused on Jacob Taylor, a non-customizable character who also was the first companion, players of the console version met. While ME2 fleshed out a character in the ME2 universe, ME3’s iOS tie-in—Mass Effect Infiltrator—is going to directly influence elements of the console game.

User’s playing the iOS game will increase their “Galactic Readiness rating” which is part of ME3’s Galaxy at War system. Also, players will unlock “exclusive weaponry” for use in the main game. Infiltrator sounds like it will be an action-based third-person shooter that users can continually play in an effort to improve their starting position in ME3’s campaign and multi-player mode.

"Inspired by the deep and immersive Mass Effect 3 universe, in Infiltrator players will help to free prisoners from a hostile Cerberus base and will receive rewards for collecting evidence of Cerberus' crimes along the way. Every completed rescue and intelligence discovery in Infiltrator will increase a player's Galactic Readiness rating directly through the Galaxy at War system in Mass Effect 3." — EA
    It appears ME fans who happen to be iOS owners will have a distinct advantage when they start playing ME3. Mass Effect Infiltrator will be out soon for the iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad soon.

Source: TUAW

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'll probably get this just to unlock stuff in ME3

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

AWESOME idea!! Instead of playing to just unlock boring achievements and get high scores, you will be playing for upgrades and such that will directly benefit you in the full console game. If done correctly, It would give players much more incentive for playing a mobile game.

The possibilities are endless...imagine a mobile game for skyrim, where you could play some sort of mini games that would increase certain skills such as blacksmithing, blocking, etc.

I can see this feature becoming very popular, possibly becoming the new standard for the mobile gaming "rewards system". I will bet that we will see many more console game developers incorporating, and evolving this "rewards system" with corresponding mobile apps.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

moar games on iOS...surprised apple hasnt made a controller atttachment yet.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweeeeet, will be playing ME3 on my PC though and not my console this run through.

Thanks

Under 2 months? It arrives March 6, that's under 1 month! Yeah baby!