Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Simplexity - A Fun New Way to Multitask!

Default [Review] Simplexity - A Fun New Way to Multitask!

Make multitasking more fun.

Apple's App Switcher, introduced in iOS 4, is well designed and nice-looking, however don't you wish it could do more? iOS developer Fr0zen Sun definitely wished so - therefore a new jailbreak tweak dubbed Simplexity was born. Simplexity serves the purposes of making the App Switcher more intuitive, functional, and appealing. It has deep customization settings that you can use to make it look and behave the way you want it to on your iDevice. Below is a screenshot of the settings in the Settings application for Simplexity once you install it from Cydia:

You can see from the settings alone that Fr0zen Sun has included some really deep customization. You can change colors around to your heart's content and make it look the way you want it to look. This includes window color, table color, border color, and text color between active and inactive applications. You can also choose to have a solid or blurred background as well as square or rounded border corners. By default, corners are rounded and blurred background is disabled. The first image in this review is the default color scheme for Simplexity. When you dig into the settings further to change colors, the screenshot below is the mechanism that you use for picking colors:

Because the mechanism is a customizable RGB (red green blue) slider system, you don't have to be forced to choose between set colors. You can actually set anything you want and anything in between. There is also an alpha slider which lets you adjust the transparency. So not only does it let you change the color scheme, but also just how solid it appears. I like the level of customization that has been included in Simplexity, because to put it simple, there is absolutely no customization for Apple's App Switcher. This new multitasking system is really cool. Below is a video demonstration on how Simplexity works:

As you can see from the demonstration, it takes the idea of Apple's lock screen 'slide to open' technique in order to let you 'slide to quit' applications. There are also two pages to this tweak. One is a widget-like window and the other is the application-closing window. The second window holds things such as a brightness slider, volume slider, and a quit all applications button. This can be entirely helpful if you do not want to sit there and 'slide to quit' all applications.

Simplexity does rely on a secondary tweak that Fr0zen Sun made called SwitcherLoader which we showed you back in December. It will be a dependency because SwitcherLoader is the framework that lets you have plugins for the App Switcher. Overall, I have to say that I really like this tweak. The user interface is very nice looking. The only downside might be that it costs a bit - setting you back $2.99 to get your hands on it. If you're really excited to change the way that your App Switcher functions, then that price shouldn't be a problem for most of you. If you like it, then be sure to go and grab it today!

Name: Simplexity
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Fr0zen Sun
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Sources: Fr0zen Sun
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-06-2012 at 10:35 PM.

I actually just bought this tweak it's great a little slow to appear but could just be my phone I recommend it to anyone Who hates the switcher and kills very thing in there switcher.

Looks good!

-Luke

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks interesting.

Really cool looking tweak!

Well, causes an endless safe-mode bootloop for me.

Even with it disabled in preferences, I can now no longer access my app switcher at all.

Once it's un-installed, all is good again, and I can access the switcher.

I'll wait for a bit to see what luck others are having with it, and it gets a few updates before attempting it again.
    Last edited by GAIAStevef; 02-06-2012 at 11:39 PM.

+1 your YouTube link worked.....

Aloha all I just got this a few hours ago and not one safe mode at all.
    It plays nice with InteliscreenX I also have motion my extensions assistant extensions call bar barrel shrink gridlock so you must have a tweak that uses switcher installed just a thought.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this conflict with Zephr? Also does it work on the iPad 2? Much appreciated.

awsome tweak works flawless with zephyr for me on 4s 5.0.1 go for it!!

Reminds me of kirkae which was awesome. This is close but not quite there. The icons are small so they are hard to press and that makes quitting apps even more annoying. Please give an option to put a X on the right so we can close apps with just a tap. Sliding to unlock more than 5 apps will get really annoying. (I know there's a kill all apps button).

Anyone else think so too?
    Last edited by idkanymore; 02-17-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiliangtu View Post
    ng the App Switcher more intuitive, functional, and appealing. It has deep customization settings that you can use to make it look and behave the way you want it to on your iDevice. Below is a screenshot of the settings
    Was it really necessary to copy the whole first post

Quote Originally Posted by shiliangtu View Post
    ng the App Switcher more intuitive, functional, and appealing. It has deep customization settings that you can use to make it look and behave the way you want it to on your iDevice. Below is a screenshot of the settings
    Please refrain from quoting the entire article and making scrolling a nightmare.

Works well on iPhone 4s with zephyr and intelliscreen thumbs up to the creator

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Works well on iPhone 4s with zephyr and intelliscreen thumbs up to the creator
    I think that the fact it works with Zephyr makes it all worth while.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So does this work with springtomize 2 and backgrounder ? i have the apple multitasking disabled

Quote Originally Posted by KTNewEra View Post
    So does this work with springtomize 2 and backgrounder ? i have the apple multitasking disabled
    Works perfectly fine with Springtomize 2, not sure about backgrounder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Thanks

If Barrel is installed, disable the enhanced folder option in the settings app, then respring.
    This stopped the crashing for me on an I4 5.0.1

Devs are really starting to get hungry for that money lately it seems... For a tweak that does what not only iOS 4+ can already do but what a lot of free tweaks can do, you'd think it would be priced at $0.99. I mean, $2.99? No wonder so many people are getting cracked versions of things lately.

IntelliscreenX? Totally worth the price. PhotoAlbums+? Absolutely worth it. This? Eh, not so much. It seems like it can be cleaned up a bit too. I mean, between all the small things (if you want to switch to one of the open apps you have to click the tiny little icon instead of just the box in general, the only real customization you get are different colors) you'd think he'd release this as $.99 and release a future, better version for that $2.99 price.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Devs are really starting to get hungry for that money lately it seems... For a tweak that does what not only iOS 4+ can already do but what a lot of free tweaks can do, you'd think it would be priced at $0.99. I mean, $2.99? No wonder so many people are getting cracked versions of things lately.

IntelliscreenX? Totally worth the price. PhotoAlbums+? Absolutely worth it. This? Eh, not so much. It seems like it can be cleaned up a bit too. I mean, between all the small things (if you want to switch to one of the open apps you have to click the tiny little icon instead of just the box in general, the only real customization you get are different colors) you'd think he'd release this as $.99 and release a future, better version for that $2.99 price.
    So you'll pay $3.45 for a gallon of gas that will be gone in a day or two, but you won't pay $2.99 for a tweak that will last a lifetime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast