+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 1/30 - 2/5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 1/30 - 2/5

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of January 30th until today, February 5th as per the opinion of our staff. This sure has been a bumpy week with some pretty sweet releases. Let's recap; shall we?

1. RingerX VIP - $1.99

RingerX VIP is a jailbreak tweak made by fabled iOS developer Yllier that lets you have limitless customizations for whom and when your iPhone rings, vibrates, or remains silent. The settings are all found in the Contacts application after you install it and there is also the option to override the stock iOS settings so that RingerX VIP allows you to control everyone's ability to contact you depending on your mood. It includes a timer that can override the mute switch (pictured above) that lets you mute the iPhone for a duration of time. You can set settings per individual contact or via groups of contacts. You can also set a different tone for each contacts group. We think that this is a must-have for any iPhone owner.

2. WeeKillBackground Pro for Notification Center - 99

WeeKillBackground Pro is a Notification Center widget by iOS developer Jonas Gessner that has numerous options for closing all applications in the App Switcher. You can use it manually to kill applications by tapping on the customizable widget, or you can set timers that close all applications automatically after a duration of time. It includes the ability to exclude certain applications from getting closed as well. There have been many attempts to make multitasking more efficient and keep our memory as clear as possible, but as we find, WeeKillBackground Pro comes with the most bang for your buck at just a buck. Additionally, WeeKillBackground Pro was recently updated with a complete Settings makeover. If you liked it before, then try out the new version!

3. MyAssistant - 99

MyAssistant is a jailbreak tweak by iOS developers Akhil Tolani and Andrea Olivia that lets you have more control over Siri. Maybe that isn't saying enough; this is like the Springtomize of Siri. It lets you customize what you want to say to Siri to activate system toggles, input your own questions to get custom responses to, use Siri as a voice method for invoking Activator actions, launch applications, enter commands, or even change the Siri user interface to make it look more personalized. It has had its fair share of bugs upon release, but the developers are working their behinds off to make it as perfect as possible. The idea behind MyAssistant makes it a great step up from other Siri tweaks, and the dollar price tag makes it even better.

4. Booksstand - 99

Booksstand is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Nikos Lykousas that lets you move your iBooks files over to Newsstand so that you can actually give that new iOS 5 application a use after all! It has a very simple-to-use interface that you might expect Apple to have designed themselves. It puts a shortcut to the actual book from iBooks into Newsstand so that you can launch the book from Newsstand instead of iBooks while feeling like you are using Newsstand the way it was supposed to be used. Never again will you have to feel like you have a useless application on your SpringBoard that you have to hide to get out of your sight. It's speedy and such a great idea.

5. Zeppelin - FREE

Zeppelin is a jailbreak tweak released by iOS developer Alex Zielenski in order to help you have more customization with the iOS status bar. It comes pre-loaded with a ton of icons that you can make appear in your status bar in place of your carrier name or device name. The picture above basically shows you what it does, however there are more image packages being added to Cydia that are Zeppelin-compatible which you can also use. We think it's pretty cool how the icons dynamically change to the same colors that you would expect from the signal bars when you go from the home screen to an application like Settings where it goes from white to blue. There is an icon for everyone in this tweak.

6. MusicBanners - FREE

MusicBanners is a jailbreak tweak developed by iOS developer and hacker Ryan Petrich that lets you have a notification banner appear just like any other notification when a new song begins playing on your iDevice. As you can see from the image included above, MusicBanners shows you the album artwork, the song name and the artist, and an icon to let you know that it's from the Music application. MusicBanners works with the stock Music application, Spotify, Grooveshark, and other music services.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

MyAssistant should not be on this list. Do you guys even use these tweaks enforce you recommend them? Is it a promising tweak? Absolutely! In its current state however, it is too incomplete to be considered a recommendable tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    MyAssistant should not be on this list. Do you guys even use these tweaks enforce you recommend them? Is it a promising tweak? Absolutely! In its current state however, it is too incomplete to be considered a recommendable tweak.
    You must not have tried it in its current state. Works fine as of the latest update. Another update is on the way as well to fix text appearance.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When it comes to new tweaks etc. all you guys do is go to the changes in cydia write an article about it and put it in tweak of the weeks

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You must not have tried it in its current state. Works fine as of the latest update. Another update is on the way as well to fix text appearance.
    I have. It still disables the Siri icon after the first custom request is made. You have to close Siri then initiate it a second time in order to use it for a second command. That alone is enough to not recommend it yet.

Thanks

Haven't used MusicBanner yet, but Zeppelin is pretty sweet!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    When it comes to new tweaks etc. all you guys do is go to the changes in cydia write an article about it and put it in tweak of the weeks
    Point being? Some of us don't sit there and open cydia every day and look and read about every app and what it does. I glanced over this article in 30 seconds reading the app titles and found out about 3 that sound interesting. So I thank them for news like this. If you really aren't happy then learn to ignore the article, it's not like the title didn't tell you what it was about.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone know the NC theme in the weekill screenshot?

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

I agree. My assistant is hella buggy. Even in current update. I know more then a half dozen people experiencing the same issues so it should not have been recommended.

Cost me a dollar to see Siri have a mental breakdown.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I have. It still disables the Siri icon after the first custom request is made. You have to close Siri then initiate it a second time in order to use it for a second command. That alone is enough to not recommend it yet.
    It only disables the animation, it still works when you touch it. Or at least it does for me. This tweak has promise, but it needs work.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen711 View Post
    Point being? Some of us don't sit there and open cydia every day and look and read about every app and what it does. I glanced over this article in 30 seconds reading the app titles and found out about 3 that sound interesting. So I thank them for news like this. If you really aren't happy then learn to ignore the article, it's not like the title didn't tell you what it was about.
    The point is they don't use these apps or test them and if they do, they hardly even use it and then they write an article about it. Literally every tweak is put on this news sight. Every single tweak is given an article I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE even the ones that make no sense and the ones that are copies of others
    Last edited by Mrteacup; 02-05-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    The point is they don't use these apps or test them and if they do, they hardly even use it and then they write an article about it. Literally every tweak is put on this news sight. Every single tweak is given an article I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE even the ones that make no sense and the ones that are copies of others
    Yup. Every one. We review everything. That is our job.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    anyone know the NC theme in the weekill screenshot?
    It's called fastblurriednc. It's in Ryan petrich's beta repo. I believe his repo is rpetri.ch/repo. If I'm wrong, I'll post about it

edit: the tweak is called fastblurrednotificationcenter
    Last edited by iPod; 02-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

*T*
    Thanks

Patriots ftw

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Patriots ftw
    Nope
    (null)

Banned
    Thanks

Where can I put in a request for a zeppelin logo?
    I want the Hitman icon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Nope
    Hahaha

Green Apple
    Thanks
    zeppelin should be #1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Forget about what this guy thinks what is your best tweak people ??

Banned
    Thanks

NOPE. Zeppelin is the app that crashes my iPhone. I install it and I can no longer get into App Store or just about any other app.
    It might not be Zeppelin but when I install it I cant get into AppStore then I uninstall it and everything works again.
    I think as I said in the other thread about IOS crashing I think its Mobile Substrate that does the crashing and its clashing with something else or the combination of multiple cydia apps makes MS crash.
    Will the dev of MS please fix it as its been the main problem since IOS 4