+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 1/30 - 2/5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jivhg @Anthony – I made Zeppelin not to be an image swap–but to allow carrier logos to those whose phones did not previously allow them. Like mine
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jivhg View Post
    @Anthony – I made Zeppelin not to be an image swap–but to allow carrier logos to those whose phones did not previously allow them. Like mine (Verizon was a simple text string so I could not put an image there). That is the core functionality, Zeppelin swaps no images. It overrides or inserts them at runtime. Maybe you should change your grading scheme to not be about how much it actually replaces but about usefulness and general appeal. Hopefully now you have a less slanted and insulting view
    If I rated it upon usefulness I could have rated it a lot lower. What I took into consideration was the work you put into it. It's not useful to me; I am not a themer nor could I care less what shows up in my status bar. Functionality is my weak spot, not appearance. I am glad there are people out there that enjoy your tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Do you have message+ or bitesms installed?
    That should no longer matter because Yllier's latest update for RingerX VIP fixes compatibility with those two messaging platforms. Have to admit, it's a really awesome tweak.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-08-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I had a bug I was gonna message him but I will try the update I guess and see first.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I had a bug I was gonna message him but I will try the update I guess and see first.
    You ended up buying it? Are you liking it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Perhaps you should look at the new update which to the best of the developers' abilities fixes everything people have been complaining about.

The fact that you continue to knock off a tweak even post-fixed tells me that you have no plans to open arms to a developer's attempt to fix a problem that you might be having. If that's the case, what do you jailbreak for?

Fact is, I know the developer behind MyAssistant very well and I know he will be working hard with his users to fix all problems. If I didn't know that the tweak bugs were in good hands then I wouldn't recommend it. You should put a little more faith into my ratings because I can guarantee fixes. If I can't, then I will rate them low.
    If an App is buggy (and myassistant was pretty much unusably so at the time I read your review and bought it) you should note that in your review regardless of whether or not you think it will be fixed. Otherwise you will lose credibility as a reviewer.

That said, I tried the updated version and they seemed to fix the issues I was having - I'm able to open navigon, my radio apps, and my Bluetooth settings (to name a few) reliably with Siri. Pretty handy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Small price to pay for that kind of entertainment!
    It currently has an installation warning saying that it is not compatible with the iphone 5!!
    I agree, since I have an iphone 5 and it does not work well with Siri.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123