Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 1/30 - 2/5

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    NOPE. Zeppelin is the app that crashes my iPhone. I install it and I can no longer get into App Store or just about any other app.
    It might not be Zeppelin but when I install it I cant get into AppStore then I uninstall it and everything works again.
    I think as I said in the other thread about IOS crashing I think its Mobile Substrate that does the crashing and its clashing with something else or the combination of multiple cydia apps makes MS crash.
    Will the dev of MS please fix it as its been the main problem since IOS 4
    Zeppelin 0.0.5 is broken. You'll need to downgrade. You can send a pm to the dev and he can give you the 0.0.4 deb file

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Don't you like being able to read about a tweak before downloading it? if it's any good and what its features are? You should be glad that someone is doing that, because there is is some crap in Cydia.
    Dev of...
    AdBlocker, Firewall iP, FullScreen for Safari, EnhancedTabs, ScreenDimmer and a few others

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yllier View Post
    Don't you like being able to read about a tweak before downloading it? if it's any good and what its features are? You should be glad that someone is doing that, because there is is some crap in Cydia.
    I absolutely do, but of is a "Best of" list, then a bit more thought needs to be put into the article than this.

Thanks
    RingerX VIP is a cool tweak, but it causes my iPhone 4S to crash & enter safe mode. It's weird, but it would crash when I was browsing the internet with safari & a text message would come through. A couple times the phone would just lock up out of nowhere. I used mobile substrate to disable all my installed tweaks one by one. Everything returned to normal after RingerX VIP was disabled. Has anyone else experienced this or anything like this with this tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Zeppelin 0.0.5 is broken. You'll need to downgrade. You can send a pm to the dev and he can give you the 0.0.4 deb file
    no 0.0.5 is perfect nothing's wrong with it, you need to uninstall other conflicting carrier name changers before installing zeppelin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Spire screws Zeppelin up and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom7 View Post
    Haven't used MusicBanner yet, but Zeppelin is pretty sweet!
    Zeppelin is the best tweak we've saw in years. What other program allows you to customize your carrier logo no matter what carrier you're using. Besides that its FREE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    Zeppelin is the best tweak we've saw in years. What other program allows you to customize your carrier logo no matter what carrier you're using. Besides that its FREE!!!!
    It's really not that great. It's just an image swap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    True. But I feel it's a lot better tweak than bookstand, which somehow managed to place higher than zeppelin...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

To a simple mind maybe you're right. Which in turn would also explain why the Siri assistant is so profound to you. You blew it again Anthony.

Not broken on my iPhone 4. Works Perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Spire screws Zeppelin up and vice versa.
    Spire screws all kinds of things up. Safari, AppStore, etc.

What Anthony might not be aware of is the fact that zeppelin allows you to place any carrier logo you want on your device. So if that's the case now he'll know
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 02-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks

Am I missing something? What is do great about weekillbackgroundpro? Sure it closes all your apps with one tap. Why should it be a paid tweak? It doesn't have a great ui or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    What Anthony might not be aware of is the fact that zeppelin allows you to place any carrier logo you want on your device. So if that's the case now he'll know
    And what themes have not been able to do this in the past? I fail to see the breakthrough functionality of Zeppelin which is the simple epitome of an image swap that links the iPhone's sources into an image stored in the filesystem.

Also, Spire doesn't 'screw' anything up. You probably installed Spire and had a tweak conflict which as I repeat myself this second or third time in this thread, "Spire uses absurd amounts of memory." The tweak conflicts are what cause the app crashing. If you uninstall the conflicting tweaks, Spire will not cause any problems. You can install Spire on a stock-jailbroken device and I will guarantee you no problems. But, as chpwn has absolutely NO motivation to update Spire, we probably will not see any compatibility in the near future for those tweaks that fail with Spire.

True. But I feel it's a lot better tweak than bookstand, which somehow managed to place higher than zeppelin...
    You have a different opinion than me (obviously) but I feel that Booksstand is a good tweak because it makes use of something in iOS that we don't normally use if we aren't interested in paying fees for subscriptions. Zeppelin is nothing more than an attempt to theme the status bar. I have never been a fan of themes whatsoever.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yllier View Post
    Unfortunately 'crap' is number three on this list so this is no help. The idea of reviewing cydia apps is great and very needed, but more thorough vetting of fewer apps would be preferable. I too have had serious issues with MyAssistant, which I bought largely due to a review read here. The tweak is extremely unstable and I'm skeptical that the reviewer spent any appreciable time with it - to suggest it is even worth the download let alone a 'best' tweak is ridiculous.

Listening to you guys arguing made me scared to even try them

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    Unfortunately 'crap' is number three on this list so this is no help. The idea of reviewing cydia apps is great and very needed, but more thorough vetting of fewer apps would be preferable. I too have had serious issues with MyAssistant, which I bought largely due to a review read here. The tweak is extremely unstable and I'm skeptical that the reviewer spent any appreciable time with it - to suggest it is even worth the download let alone a 'best' tweak is ridiculous.
    Perhaps you should look at the new update which to the best of the developers' abilities fixes everything people have been complaining about.

The fact that you continue to knock off a tweak even post-fixed tells me that you have no plans to open arms to a developer's attempt to fix a problem that you might be having. If that's the case, what do you jailbreak for?

Fact is, I know the developer behind MyAssistant very well and I know he will be working hard with his users to fix all problems. If I didn't know that the tweak bugs were in good hands then I wouldn't recommend it. You should put a little more faith into my ratings because I can guarantee fixes. If I can't, then I will rate them low.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps you should look at the new update which to the best of the developers' abilities fixes everything people have been complaining about.

The fact that you continue to knock off a tweak even post-fixed tells me that you have no plans to open arms to a developer's attempt to fix a problem that you might be having. If that's the case, what do you jailbreak for?

Fact is, I know the developer behind MyAssistant very well and I know he will be working hard with his users to fix all problems. If I didn't know that the tweak bugs were in good hands then I wouldn't recommend it. You should put a little more faith into my ratings because I can guarantee fixes. If I can't, then I will rate them low.
    Then state these things in your reviews. In the tweaks state at the time of your OP, it was entirely buggy and incomplete yet you mentioned none of that. Recommend what is publicly available, not what is forthcoming.
    Last edited by mortopher; 02-07-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Then state these things in your reviews. In the tweaks state at the time of your OP, it was entirely buggy and incomplete yet you mentioned none of that. Recommend what is publicly available, not what is forthcoming.
    I stated all of the bugs that happened to me in my review. The only thing that happened to me was an issue with capitalization that was not clearly enough displayed in the settings. Other people's problems were not of my own so why would they end up in my review if I had not experienced them? If I can't confirm it, then it might as well not be a bug to me. It took days to find all of these bugs.

Let's be thankful that the developers are spending time fixing them and stop making it appear like it was the worst tweak ever invented. The customer support in the jailbreak community is one of the best of its kind.

@Anthony – I made Zeppelin not to be an image swap–but to allow carrier logos to those whose phones did not previously allow them. Like mine (Verizon was a simple text string so I could not put an image there). That is the core functionality, Zeppelin swaps no images. It overrides or inserts them at runtime. Maybe you should change your grading scheme to not be about how much it actually replaces but about usefulness and general appeal. Hopefully now you have a less slanted and insulting view
    Last edited by jivhg; 02-07-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jme5674 View Post
    RingerX VIP is a cool tweak, but it causes my iPhone 4S to crash & enter safe mode. It's weird, but it would crash when I was browsing the internet with safari & a text message would come through. A couple times the phone would just lock up out of nowhere. I used mobile substrate to disable all my installed tweaks one by one. Everything returned to normal after RingerX VIP was disabled. Has anyone else experienced this or anything like this with this tweak?
    Do you have message+ or bitesms installed?

I'm pretty surprised to see none of you seem to recognize one of my main focuses for jail breaking to begin with...iKeyWi. In short it simply enables 5th row to the keyboard, essentially making it a QWERTY implementation. Unfortunately, like most apps, it is not without its downfalls. One of them is that it does not work in landscape mode. The other problem is that, for now, there is no iPad support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast