Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] TinyAssistant - Make Siri More Mini

Default [Review] TinyAssistant - Make Siri More Mini

Does Siri take up too much room for you?

If you feel like Siri has a large graphical user interface and you want to shrink it a little to make it appear smaller, then maybe it's time to put Siri on a diet with a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Ron Melkhior. The tweak has been dubbed TinyAssistant and it compresses the Siri GUI into an App Switcher-sized window.

TinyAssistant allows you to lose the, "What can I help you with?" quote bubble and it really tightens the space between the top and bottom of the Siri button. To enjoy TinyAssistant, you really need to have a problem with Siri being ever so much larger than the App Switcher. I guess you would have to have some kind of O.C.D. problem with not having a consistent appearance. It's probably not a tweak that the general public is going to want specifically, but we know there will be a select few people that appreciate it. Below is a screenshot of Siri after installing TinyAssistant:

Having Siri in a small and confined area doesn't actually make Siri any more efficient in any way. It doesn't matter how many pixels the Assistant is using when you launch it for the first time because the only thing you see is the Siri microphone and an out-of-focus home screen. So technically, this tweak is just a 'because I can' tweak. There is no real breakthrough reason behind it.

Since TinyAssistant hides the help quote bubble, the only way to launch that screen with multiple Siri question examples is to say, "Help" to Siri. It will then launch the screen that you would see if you tapped on the 'i' in the, "What can I help you with?" bubble. You can still tap on the microphone as usual to activate Siri's listening skills even though the Assistant is now confined in a smaller space.

TinyAssistant doesn't have any options to configure. Once you install it, Siri has suddenly lost a whole lot of weight. If you have a custom Siri conversation tweak installed, maybe you can poke fun at her about it. The only way to get rid of this slim appearance of Siri is to uninstall TinyAssistant from Cydia. It will require iOS 5 and to have some kind of Siri instance installed. It works with the iPhone 4S Siri or with the Spire Siri port on older iOS devices.

Can I recommend TinyAssistant? Not really... as it doesn't do anything that I find helpful. What are your thoughts about TinyAssistant? Share in the comments below!

Name: TinyAssistant
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Melkhior
    Editor's Rating: / 1.5/5

Sources: Ron Melkhior

Haha 1.5! I agree

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Haha 1.5! I agree
    +1

Ya get what you pay for

Banned
    Thanks

There are a lot of Cydia apps that do nothing useful and most are paid for apps.
    This doesn't work anyway. I installed it and all I got was a faded screen and no mic. Siri still worked as it loaded up after I spoke but there is no mic, just the faded screen

What rating did that tweak that makes you confirm an app launch get?

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    There are a lot of Cydia apps that do nothing useful and most are paid for apps.
    This doesn't work anyway. I installed it and all I got was a faded screen and no mic. Siri still worked as it loaded up after I spoke but there is no mic, just the faded screen
    Reinstall it. Plus it works fine for me, on my 4S. I think its a 4/5, Why?, because it works fine and it looks good.

Banned
    Thanks

I did reinstall it and still nothing but faded screen.
    Its fine, as soon as you speak it goes full screen anyway so it doesnt matter how big it is with the mic icon anyway.
    I do like the way it'll be the same size as the switcher bar but as it doesn't work thats fine.