+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got Spire? Here Are Some Working Servers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So, you've downloaded Spire, but you want to get Siri functionality. Spire is the Siri GUI port that was brought to use by Grant Paul and Ryan Petrich . It
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 785 Posts

Default Got Spire? Here Are Some Servers

So, you've downloaded Spire, but you want to get Siri functionality.

Spire is the Siri GUI port that was brought to use by Grant Paul and Ryan Petrich. It works on any iOS 5 iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (excluding the iPhone 4S since Siri is already there). It isn't a full port; it is a GUI that lacks Siri functionality until the user gets that functionality themselves. There are a few ways to get that functionality. One way is to set up your own Siri server and use your own (or someone else's) iPhone 4S as the go-to to using Siri. This means that you will need to update your own server with new iPhone 4S keys daily.

If the daily routine of updating your server's keys sounds absolutely cumbersome to you, then there is the painless option of using Siri server hosts. Almost all of them support Spire. There are many free and paid servers; most being paid if you want good up-time. Free servers can be unpredictable and paid servers can often be scams. There is no real way to stop this, however we would like to spread awareness of some paid Siri servers that we know you can trust to keep excellent Siri up-time, and additionally, some decent free servers which we cannot guarantee 100% up-time from. This is because free servers depend on key donations which are never really guaranteed. Paid servers usually feed their own keys and are much more reliable.

We've done some scavenging around for you to find servers that have good up-time, legitimate payment records, and cheap rates. If you are serious about getting Siri functionality on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then you might want to consider some of these servers. I can confirm the working statuses of all of the paid ones, however the free ones are mostly free-lance servers that will be hit or miss.

*Please note that we are not responsible for the following:*
    • Scams
    • Termination of Siri service
    • Unreliable Siri service
    • Data overages
    • Identity or personal information theft
    • Issues making your Siri port work
    • Linking you to their third-party Siri server Web sites

Installing Spire on your iDevice and using a third party server to gain Siri's service is done completely at your own risk - just like jailbreaking. Please use this information responsibly - never make an online payment unless you feel comfortable.

1. SiriZone - $20/Year

You might think of the figure $20 and think to yourself, "darn, that's a pretty big figure." Thinking in terms of rates, however, it's not a lot. You are paying less than $2 per month to have Siri functionality on your iDevice. This figure is on a 'per-device' basis because they use your device's UDID to register you on their system. This means that if you buy Siri functionality for one device, you won't be able to use it on another one without paying for the new device. SiriZone has four servers - three of which are in the United States (California, New Jersey, and Texas) and one of which is in the United Kingdom. The speeds are excellent and zippy. I always recommend that you choose the server that is closest to you to have the best connection possible.

SiriZone has above 97% up-time which is outstanding. There is a large group of iPhone 4S owners that feed their keys to SiriZone so that there is always a massive amount of potential for users. This means that they have a large area of wiggle room to accept more users. If at any time traffic becomes hard, they will shut down the ability to order slots to help accommodate for the people who are using their paid service. The server speeds are top of the notch in my opinion. The SiriZone team has excellent customer support that you can use if you have any problems. They are right there to answer your questions for any reason through their Twitter, Facebook, and through E-mail. A quick Google search for SiriZone will land you where you need to be to pay for this Siri service.

Name: SiriZone
    Price: $20/year
    Speed:  5/5
    Support:  5/5
    Up-time:  5/5
    Pricing:  4/5
    Spire-compatible: Yes

2. iPhoNews.ro - 10€

The 10€ price figure for this server is a one-time payment which lasts a lifetime (or as long as the service can be legally operated). You go to their Web site, make the donation, and they will make the server information available to you. This server will only give you access to Siri on one iDevice for this price. You will have to pay an extra 10€ per device that you want to add Siri functionality to. The servers are located in both Romania and in the United States. The speeds are pretty decent. This price might be something that you are looking for if you don't mind waiting a few seconds for Siri to be responsive.

iPhoNews.ro has about 95% up-time which is pretty great. The only time that the server is usually down is for 5% of the time when they are renewing the keys necessary for people to use the server. They offer customer support through their Twitter. The pricing is very reasonably done being that it is forever without reoccurring payments. The host also told me that if someone buys four slots, they will get the fifth slot for free. If someone buys three slots, then the price will be 25€ instead of 30€. Not too shabby! You can find information about payments and how to sign up on their Web site which you can find through a Google search.

Name: iPhoNews.ro
    Price: 10€ (About $13.16)
    Speed:  4/5
    Up-time: / 4.5/5
    Pricing: / 4.5/5

3. SiriServers - $45

SiriServers is a United States-based server located in California. It requires a one-time payment of $45 to grab, however any added devices that you want after you pay the first time will only cost an additional $20. The speed of SiriServers is rather shocking. It is quick and feels like you are using an iPhone 4S directly. They tell me that they have a surplus of iPhone 4S keys running their servers, which of course helps boost their speeds.

The up-time is anywhere above 95% which is pretty outstanding. The two people that run the server offer support through either their Twitter accounts or through email; their Twitters are here and here. Testing it myself, it has great response time. One of our super moderators also uses SiriServers to power his device and he also speaks highly of it. You can find out more about them and how to pay for their Siri server by searching Google for their name.

Name: SiriServers
    Price: $45
    Pricing:  4/5

4. SiriTD - $11.99/Month

The SiriTD server is a paid Siri server that will cost you a monthly amount. It is in the United States in California. The speeds are great and the response time is pretty nice. I found that the server has around a 96% up-time with a few random hiccups that self-corrected themselves with no problems at all. The administrators feed the server with new iPhone 4S keys every day to make sure that down-time is non-existent or minimal.

They offer a deal for their users where iPhone 4S owners can use their server for free for their devices as long as they feed their iPhone 4S keys to the server. They require that an iPhone 4S user feeds them keys for at least 3 days before they will get their free slot. They often do Twitter giveaways for their Siri server on their main Twitter account here. I found that this server has a reliable latency and can handle some good bandwidth. You can do a Google search to find their Web site where you can take care of the billing and get yourself set up with them.

Name: SiriTD
    Price: $11.99/month
    Support: / 4.5/5
    Pricing: / 2.5/5

5. The Three Little Pigs - Free

The Three Little Pigs server is a user-based server in the United States. You will get out of it what you put into it. It works by people donating their Siri keys to the server management team. Once they do that, people who are signed up with the server (more information about using it on their Web site - Google to find it) can access Siri for free. The number of devices that you can use with The Three Little Pigs server is unlimited. Just understand that because it's an unlimited server, there is a lot of traffic and because of that, access may not always be granted or guaranteed.

From experience, I have only been able to get this server to work once - late at night. Although, it does try hard to get you though. This is probably because of high traffic or servers that can't handle the bandwidth. Since the server uses a share-all technique where it relies on free donations to serve everyone who might possibly find their server, traffic can often be congested. Since the server is free, no one should be complaining! You can always keep trying to get a request through. It might work at some point. They offer support through each of the server's maintainers' Twitter accounts; one here and the other here. You can find information on their server from their Web site which can be obtained through a Google search.

Name: The Three Little Pigs
    Price: FREE
    Speed:  2/5
    Support: / 3.5/5
    Up-time:  1/5
    Pricing:  5/5

These should get you started. As more verified Siri servers become available, we will keep you updated on them. If you did not already, please read the disclaimer at the beginning of this post. Ratings are based on user-happiness. Speed is based on the feeling of fluidity, not comparing each server to another. Support is based on motivation of the staff. Up-time is based on how often the server is working for the user. Pricing is based on how fair the price is for the value of the service, not comparing each server to another. We have you Google their Web sites to keep the responsibility in your hands - it's your iDevice and what you do with it is your business, not ours. If you have problems with any of the above servers, contact them for support (we linked each of their Twitters in their descriptions), we probably will not be able to help you with it here because we are not affiliated with them. We can answer general how-to questions in the comments. Also note that there are many other servers out there, however we will only post about the ones that have been verified by one of our writers. We will never post a third party server that we, ourselves, do not trust. Feel free to leave comments regarding your experiences with the servers or your contentedness with them. We are always happy to hear your opinion about them!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-05-2012 at 07:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

xtrememan (02-17-2012)

Thanks

Very useful article but I won't be making the plunge because it's not worth it to me.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

If they would fix the memory leak on spire I would go back

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would also recommend on Tweak Dev-Teams's proxy -- Tweak Dev Team | Bringing dreams to life && SiriTD : Siri Server | Homepage

And also on icrackr's one

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have Spire and Siri working on all my devices - 5 to be precise and i use 2 different server - great up time on both and they are not scammers for sure -
    1. twitter.com/hisyamnasir or SiriSn0w Siri :: Donation Page
    2. Ecl1ps3

both are great and i'd quite recommend them - coz i'm using both their services for over 2 months now and worth the money !!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You need to add @DoUSiri on there;
    15$ Lifetime and it's pretty fast!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah Ecl1ps3 is a great server for Spire. It's what I use

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dtpl View Post
    Yeah Ecl1ps3 is a great server for Spire. It's what I use
    im currently using sirisn0w and i have to say the service is amazing
    i can honestly there is hardly any down time, keys are updated regularly
    would honestly reccomend SiriSn0w
    sid and hisyam are 100% genuine and the service is amazing
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just bought a subscription with SiriZone and just finished setting everything up from scratch, Took 10 min. Everything works PERFECT! got Siri on my iPad 2! To anyone who has doubts ... DONT! SiriZone is the real deal! After paying them from my credit card i got the Server IP list with certificates 5 seconds later! 10 mins later i finished setting everything up and now Siri is working 100% on my iPad 2!

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

Man i wish there was a free one
    (null)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Man i wish there was a free one
    Make one
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    I just bought a subscription with SiriZone and just finished setting everything up from scratch, Took 10 min. Everything works PERFECT! got Siri on my iPad 2! To anyone who has doubts ... DONT! SiriZone is the real deal! After paying them from my credit card i got the Server IP list with certificates 5 seconds later! 10 mins later i finished setting everything up and now Siri is working 100% on my iPad 2!

paid and couldn't get it work, sent them an email... at first they reply my emails within 5 mins, but now been over an hour and still no reply!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzhu625 View Post
    paid and couldn't get it work, sent them an email... at first they reply my emails within 5 mins, but now been over an hour and still no reply!!!!!
    Just signed up for SiriZone as well. Was hugely skeptical that it would work but thought I would gamble with my $20. I cannot believe it -- Siri is actually working on my iPhone 4. I am talking to her like a whore.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you're the lucky one. if no reply from them within 30mins i'll request my money back!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Very useful article but I won't be making the plunge because it's not worth it to me.
    Let's suppose I pay for a server. Would I still have to find a 4s key? Or does these services take care of that too?

Thanks

At first I couldn't get it to work eithe. Then I followed their troubleshooting tips and viola! It worked! Follow them here they are:

http://siri.imzdl.com/?page=troubleshoot

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    Let's suppose I pay for a server. Would I still have to find a 4s key? Or does these services take care of that too?
    You don't need an iPhone 4S key if you buy a server spot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just sent them a message on Facebook, and Email let's see If they're willing to refund my money

Thanks

Just sent them a message on Facebook, and Email let's see If they're willing to refund my money
    who?!
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why did u gave Name: iPhoNews.ro
    Price: 10€ (About $13.16)
    Speed:  4/5
    Pricing: / 4.5/5
    ?

I've been waiting for almost 2 hours and nothing. :/

+ Reply