Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Banks 75% of Mobile Phone Profits With 9% of Units Sold

Thanks

Default Apple Banks 75% of Mobile Phone Profits With 9% of Units Sold

Apple seems to have reached new heights in unit sales and revenues but its devices seem to have won over 75% of the mobile phone profits with just 9% of units sold in the market. Despite its relatively low share of al units, Apple still managed to take in the most revenues and earns by far. Asymco writer Horace Dediu, who is a former Nokia analyst, graphically depicted this for everyone to see:

Dediu previously presented how Apple rapidly became the most profitable phone market by the end of 2008, when the company’s iPhone was just barely over a year and a half old. Apple subsequently also took the top spot in mobile revenues last year too, although Samsung briefly surpassed Apple in revenues during the third calendar quarter. In terms of profit share however, Apple has led the industry almost from the start, and its share of profits among mobile phone vendors has continued to steadily increase.

The only other highly profitable smartphone maker is currently Samsung, which earned 16% of the industry’s profits, or as noted by Dediu, combined with Apple to earn a whopping 91%. Rim is in third place with 3.7% profit share, followed by HTC at 3%, and Nokia at 1.8%.

It should be noted that the figures only look at profits for the top phone markets that report their earnings. Other phone manufacturers such as ZTE and Huawei aren’t figured into the profit share figures. Given the state of the competition in the mobile industry, figures from these and other smaller manufacturers would likely reduce Apple’s unit share figures but may possibly have little to no impact on its profit share.

It follows that Apple cold maintain or grow its share of profits dramatically increasing its unit share as iPhone sales continue to increase, especially by wider rollouts into new areas and partnering with new carriers. It has been less than a year since Apple added Verizon Wireless as a U.S. carrier, and just a few months since it added Sprint. There are still a large number of carriers that still don’t carry the iPhone.

Source: Asymco

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

Anybody know anything about this story? its been floating around for 2 days now and Im surprised it hasnt been reported on ModmyI. Study Reveals That iOS Apps Crash More Frequently Than Android | Redmond Pie

You will never see that story here. Remember that It's an apple fan website

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JorgeGZC For This Useful Post:

NakedFaerie (02-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Anybody know anything about this story? its been floating around for 2 days now and Im surprised it hasnt been reported on ModmyI. Study Reveals That iOS Apps Crash More Frequently Than Android | Redmond Pie

Yeah I know ios crashes a lot it's getting annoying, safari crashes all the time crapple needs to live up to their over priced products...
    Last edited by Cellular; 02-04-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Looks like it started getting bad at 4.1. I think I said the iPod touch 4 crashed more than my 2g a few weeks after I got it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What's really sad are things like the settings app crashing to desktop even before my phone was jailbroken.

The sweetest irony was that when I opened this app today it hung and the proceeded to crash to desktop. Now that's a story you won't read here!

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    What's really sad are things like the settings app crashing to desktop even before my phone was jailbroken.

The sweetest irony was that when I opened this app today it hung and the proceeded to crash to desktop. Now that's a story you won't read here!
    My Spotlight app crashed on 4.1. -_-

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGZC View Post
    You will never see that story here. Remember that It's an apple fan website
    Its apple-related news. fan site or not, 'News' should not be overlooked because its not favorable towards the brand you like. that's why I visit about 30 tech sites daily to get the whole story and all the information available regardless of the Android or iOS spin people try to put on it.

Oh and don't forget that their are far more android devices than apple devices so the crash reports are in androids favor