+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Overachiever - Unlock All Game Achievements (No Matter What)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Unlock all of your game achievements the easy way with this tweak. Have you ever wanted to make your Game Center friends jealous, but you knew that you weren't a
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 785 Posts

Default [Review] Overachiever - Unlock All Game Achievements (No Matter What)

Unlock all of your game achievements the easy way with this tweak.

Have you ever wanted to make your Game Center friends jealous, but you knew that you weren't a very good iOS gamer? This new jailbreak tweak dubbed Overachiever by iOS developer Ingmar Stein might be the jailbreak tweak you were looking for. It helps make you look like you are the most professional iOS gamer in the whole world by unlocking every achievement for any game that you have installed on your iDevice that has Game Center support. How does it work? Read on.

Overachiever is actually what I like to call a 'poor sport application'. It's one of those pesky little things that takes the fun out of iOS gaming just like those Words With Friends cheat applications. Basically what it does is after you install it, you will find a Settings pane for it in your Settings application with a list of all of your Game Center-compatible games installed on your iDevice. There are on and off switches next to them. Flipping the switch into the on position unlocks every achievement for that game and it is literally recorded into Game Center like to actually spent endless hours earning every achievement.

There is no way to reverse this effect because the changes are written onto Apple's servers; even flipping the switch into the off position will not reverse the fact that you cheated. This means that if you choose to use Overachiever to cheat, then you will never have the chance to truly have fun with your iOS games and unlock the achievements yourself without creating a new Game Center account. This might feel a little but depressing for some iOS gamers, however it might look like a hidden gem for some of those people out there who want to brag to their friends.

You don't even really have to play any games to unlock the achievements. You can download games from the App Store and unlock the achievements on the spot. There is no history recorded in Game Center that you used this tweak to cheat, so your friends technically won't ever know that you used it. Perhaps that is the worst part about this cheating tweak; people won't even know that you're messing with them to begin with so they will always take you serious even though you're really not.

Overachiever is a free jailbreak tweak from the BigBoss repo that you can download today. I personally won't ever use it because I'm not an iOS gamer, however if this is something that you really want to use, then give it a try - not that I would ever condone flat out cheating with your friends! What are your thoughts about this game-spoiling tweak? Share in the comments below.

Name: Overachiever
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ingmar Stein
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: Ingmar Stein

Thanks

Winning!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see some people hating this. I don't hate it, but won't use it because it will totally kill the fun of playing the game.

Thanks

I hate it.

Plus it just gives Apple even more reasons for why jailbreaking is bad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sweeeet. too bad no one i know or ever will know pays attention to game center and will never know how great but actually not great i am

Green Apple
    Thanks
    doesn't work, no effect at all

Banned
    Thanks

For some games it does nothing. For others it does work.

It all depends on the game atm if it'll work or not. Maybe the next version will fix this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CraZyJaVieR's Avatar
    Thanks

kills the fun out of games and yah well no one stays in gamecenter reading your leaderboards

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it but will use it on very few games, as it takes the fun out of getting achievements but there's always those few achievements that are just really hard to get or I don't understand how to get so this is great to use once you've got as many as you can in a game .

Thanks
    Cydia should remove this it's a cheat I like to ern and compare now people will have everything and apple is going to hate this. Alot

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I can see some people hating this. I don't hate it, but won't use it because it will totally kill the fun of playing the game.
    Now developers will just add in game achievements that can't be normally unlocked. They will be stuff like "I'm a cheater!" achievements. Lol then you'll be the only one running around with that plastered on your gamer tag.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For most of my games, it doesnt work..

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I hate it.

Plus it just gives Apple even more reasons for why jailbreaking is bad.
    Agreed
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Isn't it kind of obsessive to feel like you need to get achievements even if you can't actually do the stuff?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice Tweak and who cares if it's a cheat. Get over it

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet so many more people will download this now that they all read about it here.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It doesnt work. When I
    Installed it I went to setting it just said apps.
    There's apps under it to state if it works or not.

Thanks

This is not good. As some people here, I hate this
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why do you guys care if it's cheating and who is doing the cheating? If your friends aren't using this tweak then you shouldn't really care and you can carry on being a tryhard to unlock achievements the right way. Salty because your hard work in a game is being out to **** by a tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    Now developers will just add in game achievements that can't be normally unlocked. They will be stuff like "I'm a cheater!" achievements. Lol then you'll be the only one running around with that plastered on your gamer tag.
    That is a great idea. The I am a cheater tag would be a great idea! then everyone could un-friend these idiots messing up average stats.

I never understood people that use cheats like this. Reminds me of the old days when people would use "God mode" and "walk through walls" to play wolfenstien and doom. what fun is that?