+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flowtation Update Brings Max Rudberg's True Concept to Reality

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default Flowtation Update Brings Max Rudberg's True Concept to Reality

Check out this new Notification Center launching animation.

Flowtation is a jailbreak tweak invented by Ori Kadosh that lets you have a new kind of animation for launching Notification Center. The original goal was to take one of Max Rudberg's designs and make it a reality, however the initial launch didn't quite yield the exact same results as Rudberg's videos did. Because of this, Ori released his original concept as a whole new animation style, but kept working on a way to make an animation that was like Rudberg's. Finally, Ori has managed to make an animation that nearly mirrors Rudberg's and it's as smooth and beautiful as can be. Demonstration video below:

The animation differs by actually bringing the home screen above and on top of the Notification Center in 3-D space. It keeps the home screen just slightly visible in the bottom half of Notification Center and tapping it will bring up your home screen again. It works in Apps too. Since the animation was quite precise, Ori spent endless days perfecting the fluidly smooth animations and optimizing them for older devices. If you have a newer device like the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S, then you will find the animations to be ever so smooth and appealing.

You might be thinking to yourself, "but I liked the old animation better." No problem. Ori decided that he would keep support for the old animation while adding this new one to the mix so that you could have your own pick between the two. To change between animations, crack open your handy Settings application and take a peek under the Flowtation settings panel and you'll find the ability to make a selection between the two animations. It's a matter of personal preference, however I find that the new animation is more appealing than the last one. Below is a screenshot of the settings for the newer Flowtation 1.1.1:

The name of the new transition animation is called 'Stationary Notification Center' because the Notification Center never moves. The transition makes it feel like the Notification Center is always sitting there behind whatever you are doing. The only thing that moves is the thing you're working on because when you pull down, your working window is what moves. It feels like you are tearing wallpaper off of a wall to get to what's under it. The original animation is called 'Notification Center Moves' because in that animation the Notification Center actually replaces the working window in a downward transition.

Flowtation works in every orientation and it requires iOS 5 to be installed. If you like the animation ideas behind Ori Kadosh's popular new tweak, then go and grab it in Cydia. It will set you back 99 to reserve your copy from the Modmyi repo. Tell us what you think about Ori's work on this new animation in the comments!

Sources: Ori Kadosh

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Got it... But when I go to slide Nc back up it snaps back to the top... Not like it follows ur finger down n back up as the prior one did or ad Nc does naturally.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like it, not smooth 100% of the time, but I'm glad he is improving on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

forget the app , just tell me what is that theme for airpalane , wifi and rotation icons ? lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjatt View Post
    forget the app , just tell me what is that theme for airpalane , wifi and rotation icons ? lol
    Agreed!! Anthony can you tell us what theme you are using? and is that sbsettings?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's not a theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by freetrade View Post
    Agreed!! Anthony can you tell us what theme you are using? and is that sbsettings?
    It's not a theme. It's IntelliScreenX. The closest theme there is though, is K2NC for SBSettings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdjatt View Post
    It's intelliscreen X. It is available in Cydia for $9.99 :-)

Expensive but cool. I have it on my iPhone 4S and it works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me what sbsettings theme this phone is running at the top of this page or is that BBsettings??

*T*
    Thanks

If you look closely, you will notice that there are two clocks in the first picture. If you look even closer, you will see that they are displaying different times.

Thanks

Wow! It took you 1 minute to slide for top of the screen to almost bottom of the screen! LOL

Nice tweak though

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by louee6 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what sbsettings theme this phone is running at the top of this page or is that BBsettings??
    Neither of the above. That's actually called "top shelf" and it comes ONLY of you buy intelliscreenX. It's a hefty 7.99 though, but it's incredibly feature packed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by louee6 View Post

Comes with Intelliscreen X, it's the swtichers that comes with it.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    If you look closely, you will notice that there are two clocks in the first picture. If you look even closer, you will see that they are displaying different times.
    Yup, that is because when the transition happens, a screenshot of your home screen is taken to make the effect. This uses very little CPU power rather than keeping a live home screen in the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by dancooper93 View Post
    Comes with Intelliscreen X, it's the swtichers that comes with it.
    IntelliScreenX costs $9.99, not $7.99.

Yes, I am using IntelliScreenX, not SBSettings or BBSettings.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yup, that is because when the transition happens, a screenshot of your home screen is taken to make the effect. This uses very little CPU power rather than keeping a live home screen in the animation.

IntelliScreenX costs $9.99, not $7.99.

Yes, I am using IntelliScreenX, not SBSettings or BBSettings.
    $7.99 is the upgrade price if you used it prior... $9.99 is new user price. Mine was $7.99 too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

This may sound ultra-dumb, and I apologize but I must ask.
    The toggles in the very first picture on this article... I want THOSE toggles exactly. I've tried SB Settings and it crashes and looks dumb. I've tried some other one and it put thrse big grey clunky buttons in Notification centre which didn't even activate the toggles half the time. I would flick Airplane mode on and it would not activate Airplane Mode. I was nice, fluid toggled in my Notification Centre... anyone have any suggestions?

...unleeeesssss it's IntelliscreenX... that all the other comments are on. -.- urgh
    Last edited by AmadeusKaelPyralis; 02-04-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: stupidity...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusKaelPyralis View Post
    This may sound ultra-dumb, and I apologize but I must ask.
    The toggles in the very first picture on this article... I want THOSE toggles exactly. I've tried SB Settings and it crashes and looks dumb. I've tried some other one and it put thrse big grey clunky buttons in Notification centre which didn't even activate the toggles half the time. I would flick Airplane mode on and it would not activate Airplane Mode. I was nice, fluid toggled in my Notification Centre... anyone have any suggestions?
    Buy IntelliscreenX... They are the toggles that come with it. I have the same thing on my iPad 2 & iPhone 4. Great app (a must have for me) and no need for SBsettings or anything else to respring etc.

Post script... I didn't read ur last sentence before posting haha. My bad.

Banned
    Thanks

I dont like the new way how it doesn't totally hide. You loose the bottom of NC that way.
    Have it normal so it totally hides would be better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I dont like the new way how it doesn't totally hide. You loose the bottom of NC that way.
    Have it normal so it totally hides would be better.
    Really sucks for us intelliscreenX users cuz it cuts off the messages+ quick compose icon (yes I have spoken about ISX on both posts)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What that's things at the top of the notification center? is that a tweak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunder5695 View Post
    What that's things at the top of the notification center? is that a tweak?
    If ur talking about the respring icons and stuff on the top shelf it is included IntelliscreenX