+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iPad 2 and iPhone 4S Support + More Improvements

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Many of you have been asking for it since the A5 untethered jailbreak release. iOS developer Filippo Bigarella has been hard at work on Springtomize 2; the iOS 5-compatible version
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 808 Posts

Default Springtomize 2 Gets iPad 2 and iPhone 4S Support + More Improvements

Many of you have been asking for it since the A5 untethered jailbreak release.

iOS developer Filippo Bigarella has been hard at work on Springtomize 2; the iOS 5-compatible version of Springtomize (our review here) that lets you customize just about any appearance or performance of your SpringBoard. The settings are almost endless, and for just $2.99, you are getting an extremely action-packed application that is worth every cent that you pay. Additionally, more features are always being added including the recent large update that brought us 16 new languages. At least, this was the case for people with A4 devices and older.

Just today, Filippo has released Springtomize 2 version 1.2-1 which includes support for the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2. That means that all of the new jailbreakers with A5 devices who have been waiting patiently for the ability to customize their SpringBoard top to bottom should go into Cydia and consider downloading Springtomize 2. Please note that the original Springtomize is not compatible with iOS 5, therefore it will not work unless you are on iOS 4.

Aside from just supporting A5 devices, Springtomize 2 has also been given numerous bug fixes that will kill some of those pesky annoyances that people have been reporting. The bug fixes which have been included in Springtomize 2 version 1.2-1 include all of the following:
    • Random icon flipping while cover-flow effect was enabled is fixed
    • Icon image effects not applying to web-clips has been fixed
    • Dock icons disappearing after hiding dock under certain circumstances is fixed
    • Folder labels not hiding in the dock when, "Hide Labels" for dock was enabled is fixed
    • The user is now informed when the daemon is not running when toggling substrate add-ons
    • Notifications on the lock screen misplaced when the top bar was disabled is now fixed
    • Automatic backups not working on some devices has been fixed
    • Folder shadows not hiding properly is also fixed

Aside from a thick list of bug fixes, Filippo has also added some new features to Springtomize 2 which is always a great thing to hear about an application where the gift just keeps on giving. The new features that you will find in Springtomize 2 version 1.2-1 include all of the following:
    • New options for the cover-flow dock effect, including three different modes and the ability to adjust different aspects
    • Landscape and portrait orientations now available for icons on the iPad
    • Transparent notification center setting
    • Hide dock shadow setting
    • Hide AM and PM from the status bar

The full Springtomize 2 change log by Filippo Bigarella can be viewed from this link. Springtomize 2 is by far one of my favorite jailbreak tweaks because of the long list of settings that it offers for you. If you think that support for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 will convince you to buy a copy for yourself, then share in the comments below!

Sources: Filippo Bigarella

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can i use it to make my ipad icons not re-order in landscape mode. I hate that i make my icons fit how i want them with gridlock, and then it flips and gets all messed up.
    Last edited by adammsu1983; 02-03-2012 at 02:38 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You mean it wasn't made for the 4S already?! I've been using it for weeks on my 4S! It has worked fine except for a few weird bugs that are mentioned above.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    You mean it wasn't made for the 4S already?! I've been using it for weeks on my 4S! It has worked fine except for a few weird bugs that are mentioned above.
    Same here

Thanks

Been using on my ipad2 as well.

Thanks

It never officially supported A5 devices and not all settings worked. Filippo knows best:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had this on my 4S since the JB came out and it was working perfectly. Since this update, the clock on my lockscreen is no longer hidden despite that setting being on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Been using it fine on 4s, with some random quirks here and there that a re-spring would fixed. Made up its been updated though. Great app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

same here, 4s was running perfect on 1.1-3 = thanks 4 the update Filippo

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this play nice with intelliscreenx and Barrel?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I gave in and uninstalled Bigify. It looks like the sliders which seemed linked are fixed which is why I uninstalled Bigify. I only have a few gripes.

Springtomize 2 Gets iPad 2 and iPhone 4S Support + More Improvements-img_0653.png
    1. The day of the week in the Calendar App is always solid when transparency is on
    2. It will not make WeatherIcon's overlay transparent
    3. Folders are not transparent

What would be really cool that I loved from Bigify is icon rotation. I would really like the ability to independently change the rotation based on Icons, Dock and Switch like I can for resizing.

I have two minor annoyances. The first is under Icons it has Resizing options for Dock and Switcher icons too. Shouldn't those settings be in their respective categories? The second is I wish there was a option to replace all of the sliders with a text field where you can punch in the number you want or have a select list with the possible values. I hate sliders because it is hard to change in small increments.

Overall I love the new transparent Notification Center.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On the iPhone 4S, after selecting the coverflow dock option and opening/closing a folder on the home page something strange happens. The dock icons are in the normal flat mode for a second, then changes to coverflow style.

This only happens when opening then closing a folder on the homepage. After turning off 'folder animations,' this problem goes away.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlankaUlltra1 View Post
    On the iPhone 4S, after selecting the coverflow dock option and opening/closing a folder on the home page something strange happens. The dock icons are in the normal flat mode for a second, then changes to coverflow style.

This only happens when opening then closing a folder on the homepage. After turning off 'folder animations,' this problem goes away.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you
    I too have this problem and its the reason i had to turn off coverflow Just didnt look good as it was always jumping from normal to coverflow

Green Apple
    Thanks
    New version still causes safe mode on my iPad2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Does this play nice with intelliscreenx and Barrel?
    Yes it does.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

does this eat RAM and performance like Winterboard does? Does it function (under the hood) just like Winterboard? Or does it actually replace system files?

How does it accomplish replacing stuff like - page indicators when they are part of the shared artwork file?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gonkowonko View Post
    I too have this problem and its the reason i had to turn off coverflow Just didnt look good as it was always jumping from normal to coverflow
    Yes I ended up disabling cover flow too since this just didn't look right. Hopefully there will be a fix for this icon jumping in the dock while in cover flow mode when folders are closing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    does this eat RAM and performance like Winterboard does? Does it function (under the hood) just like Winterboard? Or does it actually replace system files?

How does it accomplish replacing stuff like - page indicators when they are part of the shared artwork file?
    It doesn't use any memory. It just replaces values.