+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Secures Another High-Profile Hire With Former UK Xbox Marketing Head

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple snatched another key player from a competitor with the hiring of Robin Burrowes, Microsoft’s marketing manager for Xbox UK and the head of all Microsoft product marketing for the
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Secures Another High-Profile Hire With Former UK Xbox Marketing Head

Apple snatched another key player from a competitor with the hiring of Robin Burrowes, Microsoft’s marketing manager for Xbox UK and the head of all Microsoft product marketing for the U.K.

Burrowes announced the change, albeit quietly, on his Linkedin profile. Burrowes who spent seven years heading the Xbox UK marketing division is now working for Apple to help grow Europe’s App Store marketing segment.

Hiring Burrowes makes a ton of sense. His extensive experience heading Microsofts marketing Xbox and Xbox Live efforts in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will transfer well to Apple’s App Store goals in the region. Burrowes is Apple’s third high-profile gaming hire following Nintendo’s public relation’s chief Robert Saunders, as well as Nick Grange who ran PR for Xbox, Activision and Electronic Arts at different times.

Apple’s recent hires seem to hint at the company’s commitment to gaming on the iOS platform. Revenues for mobile gaming have shifted from Nintendo’s 70% market share in 2009, to Android and iOS owning the majority of mobile revenues with 58% in 2011 compared to Nintendo’s 36% and Sony’s 6%.

Hopefully mobile iOS games pick up in complexity as more major studies invest in the platform. I enjoy Angry Birds as much as anyone, but more titles like GTA3 need to make their way to iOS and Android if the Apple and others intend on pulling in traditional gamers.

Source: 9to5Mac

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This coming from a company that was just crying telling people to stop poaching their employees. **** me, apple is filled with toddlers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    This coming from a company that was just crying telling people to stop poaching their employees. **** me, apple is filled with toddlers.
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's like Apple doesn't even bother to hide its contradictions anymore.
    Last edited by NegativeBeef; 02-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks

If your talking about what was reported on here on the "28th of jan" I would read it again,yes Steve jobs asked google to stop poaching there staff (2007)but from that resulting email apple,google and many other company's entered a packed to stop poaching which was investigated and found to be unlawful (2010),so yes it's ironic but I wouldn't say "from a company that was JUST crying.

*T*
    Thanks

I feel like I should abandon my investments in Apple while I have the chance...

Thanks

Exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks

A sure sign of change in direction of effort is when a company spends more on hiring high-profile sales & marketing people rather than engineers. For anyone who cares, it's time to watch Apple more closely to see where they are spending their dollars: to protect market dominance or to develop new products.

Thanks

Beginning of the end.

In ten to fifteen years time everyone will look at apple and wonder what all the fuss was about. They'll be "just another company" and I suspect have burnt thru all their cash.

It's really quite sad what is happening to apple before our very eyes, and quite shocking how the company clearly did get all its direction from one man, but at the end of the day no one stays at the top of their game forever, Jobs or no Jobs.

RIP Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple can buy anything they like with 30Bn+ just in cash…more than the US Federal Reserve. These hires seem good to me. Jobs asked Microsoft for a no poaching policy.… perhaps they did not agree.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.