Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] MyAssistant - Take Control of Siri

I too am having issues with this tweak. (MyAssistant 1.0.1)

Every time I try to use siri after installing MyAssistant, it just crashed to Safe Mode.
    I don't think it is a conflict as I have no other siri tweaks installed.

Also when I go into the settings.app, Click My Assistant & then click Activator Events. It says There was an error loading the preference bundle for Activator Events.

Anyone else having these problems or know of a fix?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Game2Freak View Post

Every time I try to use siri after installing MyAssistant, it just crashed to Safe Mode.

Also when I go into the settings.app, Click My Assistant & then click Activator Events. It says There was an error loading the preference bundle for Activator Events.

Use crash reporter from Cydia. Or if you want I have Siri GUi files because that's what caused mine. I lost the original siri artwork but now I fixed it. Go into safemode try to use Siri of it doesnt work in safe mode than I can post a download link to the original Siri artwork for springboard.app
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

I saw people talking about hands free? Is there a way to invoke Siri via voice somehow? I have my siriproxy controlling my TV, Arduino, car, thermostat, and misc things in my house. This is exactly what I have been waiting for so I can keep a spare 4S centrally wired to mic and speaker Throughout the house. I'm so close to JARVIS but always have to hit a button.

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    I saw people talking about hands free? Is there a way to invoke Siri via voice somehow? I have my siriproxy controlling my TV, Arduino, car, thermostat, and misc things in my house. This is exactly what I have been waiting for so I can keep a spare 4S centrally wired to mic and speaker Throughout the house. I'm so close to JARVIS but always have to hit a button.
    Nice. It's "Hands-Free Control" in Cydia. $2.99
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.

I had the same issue. I just removed the app for now. Maybe I'll add it in the future if the creator actually makes it do what it's suppose to do.

Just installed the update for this tweak...NOW every time I use Siri the phone crashes into safe mode...smfh

How compatible is this with Spire? and how does it work? Can it make Spire work without being connected to a valid/working Proxy? Anyone try this yet?
    Last edited by apexad; 02-03-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Few of the features seem to work.

Suggestions for updates:
    1. Add a respring button to the tweaks main page.
    2. When having example text in the fields, have them capitalized like they need to be
    3. When I do stumble upon one that works, it disables the Siri icon so that I can't say another command without closing it and then initiating a Siri prompt a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Nice. It's "Hands-Free Control" in Cydia. $2.99
    Dude! You're the man! thank you!!

I got the general commands to work (toggle bluetooth, volume, respring, reboot, etc), but I was unable to launch apps or use custom commands. The section "Activator Settings" had a message that the feature was unavailable at this moment.

This looks promising, but it seems to be very buggy. I'm sticking with SiriToggles for now.

This program also for some reason disables siri ability to play songs when asked to do so. Once I uninstalled this it was back to normal..smh

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is it this app that stops the echo of your command? I thought it would be funny to show a conversation I had with Siri with my custom commands, but it no longer shows what I'm saying, only her reply.

Yea, this tweak is horrible. If its in beta they shouldn't be charging. And what's with the reviewer?!? Did you actually try this tweak? A few things worked (able to open my Bluetooth settings and open sbsettings) but most didn't (springboard crash, safe mode when I tried to launch navigon). I experienced some odd behavior when I tried to play music with Siri after installing too. The screen froze for ten or fifteen seconds and eventually started working... Needless to say I've uninstalled. Only a buck but what a rip off.

Without Apple screening, jailbreakers are reliant on reviews like these to let us know if a tweak is worth the time and money. Please vet the software you review more carefully - this certainly hurts your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo612 View Post
    This program also for some reason disables siri ability to play songs when asked to do so. Once I uninstalled this it was back to normal..smh
    Kills ipod command functions. Bummer. Needs a sirious update!

This tweak half works, I've had alot of issues with it. When Siri uses the custom replies, they don't always work, or it locks up my phone. It has potential, but it has some bugs.

yeah! it's pretty crappy. I only managed to make one custom answer work which also disables the siri button for a follow up question. The wifi, blutooth, lock toggles works properly but everything else barely.
    Last edited by swifty7; 02-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Looks like im lucky I couldnt buy it.

Like a lot of people, I think this seems like a good idea, but I can't get some features to work. My toggles don't work, but the custom replies do.

I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks

Toggles worked once then stopped working crashes all the time with screen corrupt..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12