+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] RingerX VIP - Be Notified When You Want to Be

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Folks, it's here! Hey guys! Today we're going to be showing you a highly sought-after tweak by fabled iOS developer, Yllier . We originally showed you what it as supposed
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] RingerX VIP - Be Notified When You Want to Be

Folks, it's here!

Hey guys! Today we're going to be showing you a highly sought-after tweak by fabled iOS developer, Yllier. We originally showed you what it as supposed to do back in November when we posted a preview of it in beta stages. Since then, tons and tons of bugs have been hammered out and it has had a name change. A whole lot of other features have also been added. It is now called RingerX VIP and it's live in Cydia today for just $1.99 on the BigBoss repo!

What does RingerX VIP do? It has extremely deep integration with iOS to make sure that your ringer only rings when you want it to. Traditionally, the mute switch on the side of the iPhone will keep all calls and texts completely silent or make them just vibrate (depending on your settings). However, that's for all calls, even one that you might actually want to be notified for. Let's say, for example, you could make your iPhone ring when your spouse calls you, but it only vibrates when other people call you. Or, you could make your iPhone vibrate when your mom calls you and ring when your girlfriend calls you. RingerX VIP is great for making sure that the people that matter most to you are heard and the people that you don't care so much about are thrown onto the side of the road. Sound good so far?

First, we will show you what happens when you install it for the first time. After you install it and respring your iPhone (yes, iPhone - RingerX VIP requires an iPhone with iOS 5. Not an iPod touch or an iPad.) you will find a settings panel in your Settings application that lets you enable and disable RingerX VIP on demand so that you will always be notified when you want to be notified of incoming calls or text messages. But that is the smallest part of RingerX VIP.

The next part that you should look at is your Contacts application. The Contacts application is where most of RingerX VIP's settings are hiding. So, we are going to go into our Contacts application and pick a contact (Modmyi Tips for this instance) and you will notice at the bottom that there is a RingerX VIP cell:

After you tap on the RingerX VIP cell, you will be introduced to many other options. The options are extremely extensive and you can customize so many different kinds of settings that will make sure you hear from those who matter and don't hear from those who don't matter as much. So, now that we are in the settings for my contact (Modmyi Tips for this instance) you will see that the first option allows you to enable and disable the settings that you set for this contact alone. The enable and disable switch in your Settings application will disable the settings for every contact that you have set your customizations for. Under that switch you see one for always silent. What this does is it makes the contact always silent no matter what; in other words, you will never receive a ring when this contact calls or text messages you. Under that, you have a custom volume option, which lets you set a custom ring volume for this specific contact. You can set the people who matter most to you to have louder rings so that you can hear them throughout the house and you can set the people who don't matter so much to have a lower ring volume so that you will get their voice mail or missed call notification when you are ready to pick up your phone and deal with them. The ignore mute option makes it so that when you have your iPhone muted with the mute switch, when the contact calls you, you will hear the ring or text tone no matter what. This is great for when you are expecting a call from someone important and you want to tone everybody else out. The next feature is always vibrate. This makes it so that when your iPhone is in ring mode, this specific contact will only vibrate. This is great if you want to ignore a specific person. You will hear rings for everyone but the person that you set vibrate to. Under that, you see the messages version of ignore mute and always vibrate. These settings do the same thing as the above descriptions, however they only apply to when this contact text messages to you and not when they call you. The settings are shown in the image below:

Not only can you set all of those cool settings for individual contacts, but you can set them for contact groups. When you go out as far as you can go in your Contacts application on your iPhone, you will see that your contacts are actually divided into groups whether you divided them from your iPhone or from your Computer. These 'groups' contain whatever categories of people that you might have put into them. In this case, I made separate groups for the friends, family, and co-workers. You can see that RingerX VIP has buttons to configure specific groups in the screenshot below:

If you tap on one of those VIP buttons next to a specific group, you enter a new settings category that offers you customizations for each contact group. This means that if I change settings for the family group, those settings will only affect the contacts located in the family group; not my co-workers and not my friends group. The settings include the same 'custom volume', 'ignore mute', 'always vibrate' settings for both phone calls and text messages as described above for individual contacts, however Yllier takes it a step further and allows you to set individual ring or text tones for each group so that someone calling from your family group will have a different sound than someone calling from your co-worker group. This logic is the same for text tones too. The settings for groups can be seen in the screenshot included below:

Not enough for you yet? Yllier thought he could add one more very useful feature that we are sure a whole bunch of you guys will love - the ability to mute your iPhone completely for a set duration of time. That's right, folks. Do you want to take a quick nap for one or two hours? You can use RingerX VIP to mute your iPhone for one or two hours and then after that duration of time, RingerX VIP will automatically unmute your iPhone for you. That sounds better than using the mute switch doesn't it? To use this feature, you will need to have Activator installed (which is a dependency for RingerX VIP) so it will be installed if you don't have it already when you install RingerX VIP. When you go into Activator, you can choose any action that you like - for this demonstration, we will be using the hold down both volume buttons setting from Activator as shown in the screenshot below:

Now that I have set the Activator action to holding both volume buttons, if I go to the home screen and press both volume buttons, I will get a spin box that lets me choose what time-frame that I want to mute my iPhone for. It includes the option to override all RingerX VIP settings and to vibrate if you don't want the caller or texter to be completely silent. Below is a screenshot of the RingerX VIP spin box:

So as we have demonstrated, RingerX VIP is a great solution for anyone trying to get some peace and quiet from certain people. It's also a great way to filter between importance of certain contacts. If you think that you might use RingerX VIP to make your iPhone a better communication tool and life-friendly tool, then let us know what you think about it in the comments.

Name: RingerX VIP
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 0.98
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Yllier
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Yllier was also gracious enough to give away FIVE copies of RingerX VIP. If you think you could use this tweak for great reasons, then list 5 reasons that you would use it for in the comments below explaining how you would use RingerX VIP to make your life better. Include your Cydia account number in the comment. We will pick winners in a couple of days.

Sources: Yllier
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-02-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks

Sounds to much for me the topic to long I stopped reading the rest of it but nice tweak all the same

*T*
    Thanks

OMG I need this so bad!!! I always keep my phone in my pocket at school, and you have no idea how often I forget to put vibrate on lol. Ya, I get busted a ton. And when I get home, I usually forget to turn silent off. I'm a little forgetful hahaha. This would make my life about 42 times better. Please: whether you do it for me or for my teachers and classmates, please let me win this giveaway?

Cydia# 1309240

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I have been waiting for something like this for so long, plus it has the ability to raise the Ringer even LOUDER!!! Now where talking. I need this for when my girl text me and I'm at work dang vibrate can't always hear it on my desk but a text sound for her would be great!
    I would love to win this

Cydia #3304888

Thanks

To use better custom tones per contact
    To make better use of custom tone per call or MSG type
    Use vibrations in a better way
    Cause it is what tones should be like on ios
    And cause I spent too much money this month lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why would this make my life better?
    1. I have a lot of contacts and this would make notifications for each caller or texter easier to find out who it is
    2. I love using jailbreak tweaks and i have all of @yiller's tweaks so far this will complete the collection
    3. there are some unspeakables that i need to block on my phone from every calling me
    4. i need to notify myself when my hot girl friend is calling me instead of me thinking its my mom
    5. because i need it it to make my life better isnt this a good enough reason

Cydia #610676

Thanks

So this is like ToneFX on steroids? I love the idea and NEED this app, however, the topic said GIVEAWAY and you're charging $1.99. Sucks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow. I've been waiting on something like this. I could use this for sure.

1.) No more random calls in the middle of the night unless its from people I designate!
    2.) No more missed texts from my family when I have my phone on silent in my pocket.
    3.) No more accidentally putting my phone on silent in my pocket and missing calls and texts
    4.) I can better manage ringtones for my friends, family and co-workers.
    5.) Saves me a lot of time and effort when setting up ringtones and text tones.

Zoz
    Thanks

This would make my life better by leaps and bounds. How you might ask?

1. It will allow me to more efficiently ignore my research leads when they want me to come in over the weekend. "Sorry, I guess my phone didn't just ring."
    2. I can sort the priority of my calls. Mom: better answer that. Roomate: Sure. Brother: he can wait.
    3. Setting my phone to automatically go silent during class is a tremendous boom since the new punishments the professors have implemented for a phone going off during class: interpretive dancing to your ringtone. And I don't have any rhythm.
    4. Setting text tones by group can be a defensive measure. Ex-Girlfriend texting: Sound the sirens and go to DEFCON 3.
    5. I seem to remember the word "nap" in the article. I can't remember in what context, but I assume that the app can cause hyper-napping, which I as an American approve.

Cydia Number: 13766
    Last edited by Zoz; 02-02-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Cydia Number

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
    So this is like ToneFX on steroids? I love the idea and NEED this app, however, the topic said GIVEAWAY and you're charging $1.99. Sucks!
    The heck? He's giving away 5 copies for free, what's your problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1 i wil now notice my girlfriend calls
    2 easier in school
    3 i can turn the most important ppl on sound when im at friends or family
    4 i can more easy ignore unwanted calls
    5 i can have silent mode on at night and still be able to hear my most important contacts call

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Was that listed somewhere in that novel? Too much reading already purchased anyway. Thanks

Thanks

Was that listed somewhere in that novel? Too much reading already purchased anyway. Thanks
    Yup right at the bottom; you didn't even need to read all of it.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

No kidding! And it cost less than a cup of coffee. Buy if you NEED it that bad.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

Yup right at the bottom; you didn't even need to read all of it.
    Heck, free is ALWAYS nice but I would have paid twice as much for a tweak like this. Guess I learned my lesson for next time. 😜

Thanks

Exactly. Theres a GIVEAWAY of 5 copies. Not a a giveaway for every single person. After 5 people whoever else want's it has to pay.

BAKA !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have all tweak of Yllier on my iPhone 4 and best thing on Yllier's tweak doesn't have problem at all just to complete Yllier's tweak family i need it but before buy i would like try my luck to get it free.

Cydia account #1711026

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a good app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default RingerX VIP would be very useful to me
    As a pastor, I can think of plenty of reasons this app would be of great value...
    1. To keep my iPhone muted while preaching, since it sits on my pulpit as my clock/timer
    2. To mute all calls except my wife during emergency or hospital visits
    3. To selectively allow my staff to call me
    4. To allow for uninterupted sleep, except for allowing calls for anyone I think may need to contact me 24/7
    5. To send certain "troublesome" calls to be muted at all times.
    6. To allow specific calls to notify me with vibration, while muting all others so as to not be interupted unless necessary.
    Uh, oh. I guess that's six. I could keep going, but that's just off the top of my head. This wouldn't just be "another app" - this will be a necessary app. My Cydia number is 151942
    Last edited by tsatryan; 02-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1) Telemarketers randomly call me in the middle of the night. I would love it if I could keep my ringer on, but only for important people in case of emergency (Family, Friends, etc)
    2) At school, they are very strict about cellphone use, so I wouldn't need to pull my phone and risk getting in trouble each time my phone vibrates, I could, again, set it for only important people xD.
    3) I have exams coming up, and I would love if I could completely mute my phone, instead of having to put my new 4S at the front of the class, and I am always scared about it getting stolen when I have to leave it at the front. D:
    4) Sometimes I really don't feel like pulling out my phone to check who is texting/calling, but when my dad phones and I don't answer he gets mad, lol. So I would set a custom vibration for him so I know he is phoning, and I can be lazy for everyone else ;0.
    5) I like to fall asleep while listening to very soft music, and I would love if I could silence my phone while I take a nap, and not get woken up by my loud ringtone (It's a metal song :P)

Cydia # 1192308

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast