+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] RingerX VIP - Be Notified When You Want to Be

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by scroogelives To use better custom tones per contact To make better use of custom tone per call or MSG type Use vibrations in a better way Cause
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    To use better custom tones per contact
    To make better use of custom tone per call or MSG type
    Use vibrations in a better way
    Cause it is what tones should be like on ios
    And cause I spent too much money this month lol
    Custom tones?? As in using tones other than iOS tones?? Did I miss something cause from what I read it didn't say you could do that.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The Reasons why I would use this app is
    I will know when my girlfriend calls or other girls call me. When I go to school I turn my phone to vibrate and I will normally go to a friend's house and forget to turn my phone on loud because my mom freaks out if I don't answer her calls. When I'm at home sick I have my phone on silent but when my friends or mom call I can hear when they call and not ignore it. If I'm walking somewhere and one of my friend's want me to spend the night or hang out and I have my phone on silent I can tell when they call so I know not one of my ex girlfriend's is calling me. Also USEFUL for when I'm playing video games.

CYDIA ACCOUNT NUMBER

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just want to win something.

Cydia account number: 3288475

Thanks
    So now that RingerX VIP is out, I would never actually have to (1) bombard my mute button just to mute/unmute whenever I'm in a conference or a meeting. (2) I will set my wife's favorite ringtone as her custom ringtone on my contacts list, this would make her day (heck, even forever!). (3) I will use RingerX VIP to group and UNMUTE all of my relative's contacts and set the 'Angry Birds' ringtone as the custom tone. (4) I will set a custom 'Skrillex' ringtone whenever I'm in public, in a bar, in a cafe or in restaurant; this will blow their brains off! Whew' I'm nearly out of reasons. (5) Last and certainly not the least, I will group all of the 'annoyances' in my Contacts, name them 'Annoyances' and MUTE them always (both in tone and vibrate). Haha! Thanks @_Yllier_ , @BouchardAnthony and @modmyi!

Cydia# 2878917

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would love to have this. Having 30 sales people calling me and trying to have separate ringtones for family and work . The ringtone for my wife is kind of low and the ringtone for work is pretty loud . So i wind up blasting out the office when one of the sales department calls .I share an office with a 71 year old man and every time my phone goes off he just shakes his head at me LOL So this would be a perfect tweak for me.
    I would use it to lower the ringtone volume for the group i have all my sales force in.
    It would be nice to be able to only mute the volume for certain people while i am in a meeting.
    I would be able to set it so my boss would never be on vibrate.
    It could also save an old mans life and keep the sound down and hopefully his blood pressure too!
    i would also use it to set every group to custom ringtones.

cydia #1058673
    Last edited by woolfman72; 02-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

1. mute timer for meetings
    2. ignore unwanted calls and get only the ones i want
    3. custom volume
    4. group settings
    5. no more accidental mute button problems

awesome app

cydia # 12764

m13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can only think of two good usage scenario for myself.

1. Mute everyone except wife and work paging.

2. Mute everyone for a couple of hours of nap time.

Everything else I can accomplish. I can set individual
    ring and text tone already in iOS 5.

It is easier to set up group ring and text tone with
    this app but I only need special ringtone and text
    tone for a handful of contact.

Thanks a lot for the intro and giveaway!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face Awesome App!
    1. Temporary mute all sounds when sleeping at night
    2. Reduce wear and tear on Mute button
    3. Different ring/message tones for different members of my family and
    4. Set emergency calls to override mute
    5. Group profiles

Cydia ACCT#: 1238333

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Because of work and close family members (my wife and her father) currently fighing cancer I have to leave my phone ringer on all the time. I work second/third shift so I sleep during the day. The ringer is not a huge problem but now I got these mods here in a group iMessage chat that like to talk a storm up some days. (You know who you are ). So this would help give me certain options to groups I want to wake me and others I can deal with later on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This app looks great, but what would be even better is if it worked for email also.

Does anyone know of an app for custom alerts based on the email address?

Thanks

Great tweak! Here are my reasons!
    1. Since I finish my finals today, it's likely that I'll go to the movies a couple times, at least, next week. It wouldn't be the first time I forget to set the ringer back on.
    2. I'll become a Doctor some day, and some nights I'll need to be on call. Then I'll be able to choose who can wake me up and how can't (thank god).
    3. It's been quite for a while, but a month ago, some idiot started calling me at 1-2 AM. He would hang up before I could pick up the phone, but it still sucked.
    4. Sometimes, at college, I need to receive a very important text, but I can't set the ringer on, cause then all Notifications, Calls, Texts... will sound, and my teacher will pissed, not pleased.
    5. Sometimes I've felt the need to mute all calls, keep some not muted, and leave soe with only vibration (not as important, but wouldn't bother me if they call me). I thought I'd never be able to do that. I was wrong.

So here you go! Impressive tweak!

Cydia Number: 264547

iPhone? More like MyPhone laurence0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Bought this awhile ago and there's a bug...my phone just powered off when a friend of mine is calling and it hangs when I was browsing Modmyi. Uninstalled it just now and will check with the author's forum.

Thanks

Well the reason I think I deserve this giveaway is that I drive locomotives for a living and it would be great to be able to have it ring only if my wife or daughter call while I'm on duty being that I have to pay attention to railroad signals and radio calls plus I work graveyard shift so if they call I know that it's probably an emergency...

Another reason is that since I work graveyard shift it's hard for me too sleep during the daytime and it's either I turn my phone off while I sleep and miss wife's phone call if needs to get a hold of me. People that work nights know the deal if for any reason you get waken up your pretty much up for the day and there are some weeks I average 2-3 hours of sleep a day so this tweak would actually realty help me out so I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best and great tweak...

Cydia #1281879

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great app but the obvious thing that seems to be missing is a scheduler for those times you reguarly want your phone muted. Night time is my favourite as I always forget to un-mute in the morning. I used to use SBScheduler but that doesn't work with IOS5 (like nearly all the scheduling apps).

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There appears to be a bug that conflicts with Messages+. Installed RingerX last night and the first time I received a text the phone froze. Had to do the Home/Sleep power off and reboot, and then respring out of safe mode. Tested again this morning with another text and same thing happened. Disabled RingerX in the settings and problem was resolved. Please fix as this is a great idea (and I paid for it)!

(edit: I'm on a 4S running 5.0.1)

Thanks
    One of the grear thing I will like to get:
    -missing many phone calls when i am in middle for meeting and just hit the power bottom righ a way to silant for just sec to answer later.(I am preparing Taxs)
    - control my contact with the easy way to answer.
    -use group of business contact with ringtone easyer.
    -saving time to apply it to all contact and do it right.
    -VIP for family wow I will love it to know whose i will care to answer right away and who I will answer now ( not later)
    - I like to try everything new espicialy when its good one.
    Cydia # 1553023

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1. I have a lot of contacts and this would make notifications for each caller or texter easier to find out who it is
    2. To mute all calls except my wife during emergency or hospital visits
    3. Setting text tones by group can be a defensive measure
    4.No more accidentally putting my phone on silent in my pocket and missing calls and texts
    5. there are some unspeakables that i need to block on my phone from every calling me

Thanks!

Thanks

1.99 small price to pay for such options. I purchased this trying to follow direction but phone keeps crashing with it enabled any advise. What does this tweak not work so well with that kinda common

Thanks

I have messages + too so I can verify what's already been said about the bug issue

iPhone? More like MyPhone laurence0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    There appears to be a bug that conflicts with Messages+. Installed RingerX last night and the first time I received a text the phone froze. Had to do the Home/Sleep power off and reboot, and then respring out of safe mode. Tested again this morning with another text and same thing happened. Disabled RingerX in the settings and problem was resolved. Please fix as this is a great idea (and I paid for it)!

(edit: I'm on a 4S running 5.0.1)
    We have the same problem and sent an email to the developer, Yllier. He quickly responded and sent me a test version which works. I suggest you send him an email with the crash report which can be found in
    /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/

21. The Following User Says Thank You to laurence0609 For This Useful Post:

eballesq (02-04-2012)