+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] QuickTweet - Tweet From Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
See that little Twitter button in the bottom left corner of Notification Center? Twitter is fun. iOS is fun. Apple put them together in iOS 5 with deep Twitter integration.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] QuickTweet - Tweet From Notification Center

See that little Twitter button in the bottom left corner of Notification Center?

Twitter is fun. iOS is fun. Apple put them together in iOS 5 with deep Twitter integration. One thing that Apple didn't include was the ability to make bare Tweets without adding some kind of photo or location. You normally need to jailbreak and compose a Tweet using Activator or some other third party tweak like TwitkaFly or the free TwitkaFly Lite. In fact, now we have another free jailbreak tweak that makes Tweeting easier, by adding a Twitter composition button in the bottom left of your Notification Center. It's called QuickTweet by iOS developer Joseph Fabisevich.

As you can see from the image above, a Twitter icon as well as a Twitter-style paper and quill are added to Notification Center which makes it so that when you tap on it, you will be able to compose a Tweet that you can send directly to Twitter. This is faster than waiting for the Twitter application to load up before you can compose a tweet, and it compliments Notification Center with a nice-looking icon. After you tap on it, a Twitter interface will pop up that lets you compose a Tweet (so long as it's within 140 characters). Below is what it looks like:

The interface looks exactly how it would if you were using the Activator action to invoke Twitter. The good part about using QuickTweet is that you get to save one of your Activator actions for something else. Our Activator actions are limited. QuickTweet doesn't have any settings to configure, in fact, there are no icons or anything else added to iOS besides that button in Notification Center. It does require iOS 5 because iOS 4 doesn't have Notification Center.

I particularly like the fact that the icon at the bottom left of the Notification Center is White because it matches the Messages+ icon on the right side of Notification Center (comes for free with IntelliScreenX, or costs $7.99 separately). With other clients like TwitkaFly (which do much, much more than QuickTweet does), the icon is colored. It just seems off with the surrounding iOS theme going on there.

If you are a Twitter power-user and you need an easier way to compose tweets in iOS, then I recommend QuickTweet. It works well, it doesn't slow down Notification Center, and the interface is clean-looking. You won't be disappointed with it. Let us know about your thoughts about QuickTweet below in the comments section! Will you be using it?

Name: QuickTweet
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Joseph Fabisevich
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Cydia
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-31-2012 at 07:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I use twitkafly now, which is decent and doesn't seem to use much RAM or power, I suppose I'll test this out to compare.

For starters I would give this a 3/5 (for a power user) it's quick an easy, but not for the "power user" as you say. You cannot attach a photo, tweet your current song playing or much except simply tweet. It's an excellent, cheap, and light weight twitter addon for notification center and overall I do give it 4/5 but power users may want to stick to twitkafly or über social.

This was posted quick props
    Last edited by eightyk88; 01-31-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Gonna give this tweak a go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    I use twitkafly now, which is decent and doesn't seem to use much RAM or power, I suppose I'll test this out to compare.

For starters I would give this a 3/5 (for a power user) it's quick an easy, but not for the "power user" as you say. You cannot attach a photo, tweet your current song playing or much except simply tweet. It's an excellent, cheap, and light weight twitter addon for notification center and overall I do give it 4/5 but power users may want to stick to twitkafly or über social.

This was posted quick props
    sorry this is off subject, but do you know the notification theme they use for all these reviews?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Link for the wallpaper please?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I also have an unrelated comment, how do you get the weather widget to show the week forecast instead of the current weather?

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golf4life80 View Post
    I also have an unrelated comment, how do you get the weather widget to show the week forecast instead of the current weather?
    Yup, thats unrelated. ever try to swipe? Bet you'll find that works with a lot of apps...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    sorry this is off subject, but do you know the notification theme they use for all these reviews?
    BlurriedNCBackground

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golf4life80 View Post
    Just slide the weather widget.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What are the dots at the bottom of the notification center? Are they like the dots that indicate pages on the springboard?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out it's IntelliscreenX, thanks though
    Last edited by dirtbikenate417; 02-01-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: correction

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have another question about the theme. I use BiteSMS and I have a QuickCompose icon on the bottom right of my NC as well, but mine looks really ugly compared to the one on these photos. How can I get that clear/white one instead?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WHat is that thing in the bottom left corner in the notification center? I need to know what app is this? Thanks guys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkhazzoum View Post
    WHat is that thing in the bottom left corner in the notification center? I need to know what app is this? Thanks guys
    Did you try reading the review?

Thanks
    Has anyone tried updated version 1.1- 1? It's not working for me =\
    Last version worked great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just updated and it's working just fine for me. Maybe uninstall it and dl again?

Thanks
    Nope =\ No idea what the conflict could be. I only have My3G and UlSettings installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichResk3 View Post
    Nope =\ No idea what the conflict could be. I only have My3G and UlSettings installed.
    Enable it in settings