Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] ColoredKnob - Change the Slide to Unlock Knob Color

Default [Review] ColoredKnob - Change the Slide to Unlock Knob Color

There aren't really too many different options.

The iOS lock screen is normally shown with a white slide to unlock knob that has a gray arrow inside of it. But, with a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed ColoredKnob by iOS developer c0d3, you can change that boring color to something different. Exciting; right?!

One thing you might be expecting is the ability to change the knob to just about any color that you please. But, instead ColoredKnob uses the two existing resources of iOS to come up with its two other colors to choose from. The red knob comes from the slide to power off prompt from when you hold down the sleep button just long enough to bring it up, and the green knob comes from when you get an incoming call and the iPhone prompts you to slide to answer the call. So, in theory, the tweak doesn't really add anything new to your device, it just re-routes the existing graphics.

One thing that you will like about this tweak is that you have the ability to enable and disable it at your own leisure with a switch in your Settings application. This way you won't have to uninstall it to get rid of the effects. The settings aren't too sophisticated or extensive, so you'll like the simplicity of using ColoredKnob. You will need to be running iOS 5 on your iDevice to install ColoredKnob as stated in the Cydia description.

This tweak isn't for everyone, because to be honest, you have to enjoy having colors that scream on your iDevice. The tone of red and green that iOS uses are very solid colors that will stand out on that black glossy lock screen of yours. For some, this won't be a problem and the color change will be welcomed on their device. Below is a screenshot of the settings for ColoredKnob:

Name: ColoredKnob
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: c0d3
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

If you like the idea of ColoredKnob, then check it out in Cydia. Also, tell us what you think about it in the comments.

Sources: Cydia

Thanks

Got it. Nice little tweak. Also for those of you who don't know animate fix is now updated for iOS5.0.x
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh. I think it's be cool if we could do our own custom color. I'll pass for now

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

+1 will pass for now until the ability to set your own color is added. Will be cool then!

-Luke

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Meh. Would be interesting if we had the color wheel to choose from. But who uses the stock Slide to Unlock these days anyways?

It would actually be cool if you can actually get THREE unlock options like in the picture. Different one unlocks directly to certain apps such as "Phone" or "Music" which you can customize. Combine with the other tweak so it renames "Slide to Unlock" with the app it opens.

Now THAT would be cool and useful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried this and my arrows look nothing like the photo above. Looks like this but in the three different colors >>>. Will pass on this.

Figured out what it was. It was the theme that I was using.
    Last edited by The Guz; 01-31-2012 at 01:06 PM.

There's a small bug which disabled my headset volume control's play/pause ability while coloredknob was installed. +/- volume still worked

iphone 4/iOS 5.0.1/redsn0w jailbreak

Thanks

I already created a theme for this a long time ago, called Colorful Unlock Sliders.
    Has many more colors to choose from and also can change the color of the animated glowing text.
    Blue, Purple, Orange, Yellow, Red, Green, Pink, Brown, Caramel and Zebra. Mix and match colors of the knob and the glowing text animation of your choice.

It's available in Cydia.

For more info check: ModMyi.com | Colorful Stock Unlock Sliders

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Will check this out

Quote Originally Posted by fisherg View Post
    I already created a theme for this a long time ago, called Colorful Unlock Sliders.
    Has many more colors to choose from and also can change the color of the animated glowing text.
    Blue, Purple, Orange, Yellow, Red, Green, Pink, Brown, Caramel and Zebra. Mix and match colors of the knob and the glowing text animation of your choice.

It's available in Cydia.

For more info check: ModMyi.com | Colorful Stock Unlock Sliders

Yeah, well the problem with themes is that you need WinterBoard to use them, which is automatically a turn off for over half of us.