+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 'Lottery' Comes to Hong Kong

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone 4S has caused such commotion (legally and illegally) in Hong Kong, that dramatic steps are being taken to nip the problem in the bud. In the wake of
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default iPhone 'Lottery' Comes to Hong Kong

The iPhone 4S has caused such commotion (legally and illegally) in Hong Kong, that dramatic steps are being taken to nip the problem in the bud.

In the wake of rampant black market iPhone activity and countless incidents of violence in the streets outside of the Apple store in Hong Kong, Apple is immediately moving ahead with a plan to make the the iPhone 4S available in a less frenetic environment: online only.

Hong Kong's Apple website now features a lottery system in which shoppers have a daily three-hour window to log on and place their order/request for which iPhone 4S model they want. Of course, there's no guarantee that anyone who wants an iPhone 4S will get one. Supplies are still so limited that only individuals who win the lottery can obtain the device.

Usually, winners are notified by email the same evening of the drawing. Instructions on when and where their device can be acquired is then presented to the winner. For now and for the immediate future, the Apple Store IFC Mall in Hong Kong will continue to turn away all foot-traffic and shoppers who expect to walk-in and get a new iPhone 4S.

Source: Apple

Thanks

I guess that what suck, but that's what happens when people wanna act like jack azz'z....

LoL

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Would my iPhone 4s work in China? If it can, I wouldn't mind selling it for a couple grand on eBay to a desperate/rich Chinese person!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone CraZyJaVieR's Avatar
    Thanks

i can sell mine for $3000 =}

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I would hate it if it was like this in the U.S.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    I guess that what suck, but that's what happens when people wanna act like jack azz'z....

LoL
    All this does is artificially inflate the resale price of the phone and spread the wealth to more people.

Now instead of a select few ripping everyone off to be the first to get this phone, you now have everyone ripping everyone else off for the sake of getting to use this phone early.

Now all you have to do is buy a iphone at cost, resell it for a premium and buy a grey market phone and pocket the change.

Thanks

I've got a few more US 4S's to throw in the pot if anyone is buying?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

This will do nothing but drive up prices everywhere else... Apple and their ******** marketing tactics.
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Thanks

Glad I don't live in china. It's comforting to know that my AT&T iPhone 4 would work over there should I ever visit though...