+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Predicted to Sell 40 Million iPhones in China Next Year

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To say that Apple's iPhone 4S is a hot commodity in China would be a significant understatement. Two weeks ago, crowds swarmed outside of Beijing's Apple Store to such an
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Predicted to Sell 40 Million iPhones in China Next Year

To say that Apple's iPhone 4S is a hot commodity in China would be a significant understatement. Two weeks ago, crowds swarmed outside of Beijing's Apple Store to such an exceptional extent that local authorities were called in to control the out-of-control masses.

Apple was subsequently forced to suspend iPhone sales at the stores in Beijing and Shanghai to help keep the peace and prevent further gathering of riotous crowds. The company announced it would offer the device through its online store other authorized resellers until the fervor settled.

Given how pervasive iPhone fever has proven to be in China, on Monday investment bank Morgan Stanley revealed its belief that Apple will soon team with both China Telecom and China Mobile to make its iPhone available on all three Chinese carriers. If that happens, analysts say, Apple could sell upwards of 40 million iPhones in 2013 alone. By comparison, Apple sold 68.5 million iPhones globally in all of fiscal 2011.

Analyst Katy Huberty says another factor that will help drive sales is the likelihood that Apple's sixth-generation iPhone is probably going to be compatible with China Mobile's looming 4G TD-LTE network, although she admits that it's "still too early to know for sure."

Source: Fortune

Thanks

This is a HUGE market that is about to give a HUGE Boost to the already spectacular standing of this little company known as Apple. Bring on the revenue...

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if Samsung will come out with a commercial making fun of the entire population of China..."Urban Rioting.". Wouldn't be surprised.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont understand why Apple introduced 4s to china 3 months later than when it first launched in the us if its such a "huge" market

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    This is a HUGE market that is about to give a HUGE Boost to the already spectacular standing of this little company known as Apple. Bring on the revenue...
    i agree. too many ppl get up at arms at the least bit of success that apple gets, and im not gonna get into the large bits, it's wierd. a company is doing good. at least be diverse and hate on other/allother companies doin good as well.