+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases "Urban Camping" Ad as part of its Anti-Apple Campaign

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Samsung Releases "Urban Camping" Ad as part of its Anti-Apple Campaign

Samsung seems to have released another commercial for their Samsung Galaxy S II’s anti-Apple campaign. This one is labeled "Urban Camping" and continues the trend of pointing out features which Apple’s iPhone 4S does not have. In this specific ad, the main feature being flaunted is the 4G speed that the Galaxy S II has that the iPhone 4S does not. Samsung continues to stereotype Apple users as being the “barista” types who are excited about waiting on line to pick up the iPhone 4S and willing to go as far as camping out on large lines.

You can take a look at their new advertisement below:

At this point, the advertisements seem a bit repetitive and predictable as the company doesn’t seem to have much to argue against that isn’t known already. What was funny at first now seems dull and expected as well especially since the campaign has been going on for some time. The only subtle change here (which was also found in the previous commercial) was the fact that Samsung seems to be portraying their users as hipsters as well. The irony here is quite hilarious as the company continues to imitate Apple users while flaunting the features of their device.

For those of you who haven’t seen the previous advertisements that were a part of Samsung’ anti-Apple campaign, you can do so by clicking the following links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

What did you guys think of the new advertisement? Do any of you feel that this campaign is getting pretty old? Share any thoughts and comments below!

Source: SamsungMobileUSA

*Thanks to Nicholas Sneller and iPodTouchMan77 for sending this in*

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's so sad that they keep airing these ads when Apple is just destroying them in sales. Maybe they should go after someone in their own league say HTC or ummm. Blackberry.

Oh and Samsung if your phones are so good then why are you releasing a Galaxy S III just a couple of months after the Galaxy S II’ release
    Last edited by Luie82; 01-29-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Whatever Samsung is doing with their advertisement tactics....WHO CARES?? It's obviously working or they wouldn't be doing it anymore. And whenever it ceases to become effective i'm sure they'll abandon that campaign as well. Apple is doing just fine and this site just reported the gargantuan amount of profit that Apple made last quarter....so honestly.....what the hell do Apple fans care about what Samsung is doing?

Don't worry about what Samsung is doing with their advertising. Whining about how their commercials are repetitive isn't going to solve anything. Let them keep doing it and being in Apple's shadow and just focus on APPLE-RELATED news.

Thanks

This is old news... Saw this ad weeks ago.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Who looks like drones now? Their ads are as clever as their phones. Bleh
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luie82 View Post
    It's so sad that they keep airing these ads when Apple is just destroying them in sales. Maybe they should go after someone in their own league say HTC or ummm. Blackberry.

Oh and Samsung if your phones are so good then why are you releasing a Galaxy S III just a couple of months after the Galaxy S II’ release
    Lol a couple of months? The data clearly shows that they are yearly releases, just like the iPhone.

G1 - June 2010
    G2 - May 2011
    G3 - NOT OUT YET

2G - June 2007
    3G - July 2008
    3GS - June 2009
    4 - June 2010
    4S - October 2011

Green Apple
    Thanks

"What was funny at first now seems dull and expected " and this isnt the same for apple? i know this site has a bias towards apple, but dont call the kettle black

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate how y'all can't ever seam to post a video link that works on iPhones cause I never go to this site on my laptop only iPhone app

It sends you to this:
    http://youtube;4tmEegvUpGA
    An says page doesn't exist dangit

It's
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?bmb=1&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4tmEegvUpGA&gl=US&v=4tmEegvUpGA
    Which would be coded as
    [URL="http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?bmb=1&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4tmEegvUpGA&gl=US&v=4tmEegvUpGA"[/URL]
    On iPhones

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Who looks like drones now? Their ads are as clever as their phones. Bleh
    Exactly wow that sucked

Why doesn't what I just said above the quote show up on my iPhone after I hit save but it does on a laptop?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 01-29-2012 at 09:35 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

These were always stupid. Not to mention the obvious "flaws" that they are showing and the predictability of the commercials. They should have stopped before they even started.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The first one was quite funny when I saw it... Reminded me of the PC vs. Mac commercials Apple had... but I expected a little more creativity with the subsequent ads... poking fun at apple or apple users should be ripe with possibilities... what ad agency did these? will have to make sure not to hire them.

they could have gone after siri... or even drudged up antennagate... or played on the fact the apple carries samsung built components inside...

anyway the S II looks great, but i just upgraded my old 3G to a 4S instead, and i'm very happy with it.

Thanks

Obviously you know nothing about business or marketing...

Also, I think you need a dictionary, because: Couple | Define Couple at Dictionary.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Probably because they are innovative, thats why they release many different types of android. Had the iPhone 4 and 3G and I can tell you I am very happy with their phone. Not to mention the crap service you get with ATT. Not going to get a damn phone like the iPhone 4s just because its the hottest thing when the service is utterly crap. At least I won't be having to jailbreak or have no problems getting unlocked for free. Tell me you can do that with an iPhone at any time. Don't be such a fan boy with the iPhone, its not work all the hype bro.

Stryker

Thanks

LOL "I just snagged us a camp site... 4g" sounds like the typical android drone... trying to use all the features of their phone without any cause for it. I use my phone as part of my life not go out of my way to use my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are their phones to big to fit in their pockets? I bet the actors in this ad in real life they all have Iphones. someone should stalk them and take a picture of them with the iphone and post it

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just love all the people upset by these ads. All I Thave to say is they are obviously working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Agreed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I hate how y'all can't ever seam to post a video link that works on iPhones cause I never go to this site on my laptop only iPhone app

It sends you to this:
    http://youtube;4tmEegvUpGA
    An says page doesn't exist dangit

It's
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Which would be coded as
    [URL="http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?bmb=1&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4tmEegvUpGA&gl=US&v=4tmEegvUpGA"[/URL]
    On iPhones
    Are you referring to me? I did not post any link up. And neither did anyone else, if you're referring to the blog itself, then I'm sorry I misunderstood. Luckily, the youtube video works perfectly fine in the stock browser on my Samsung Infuse.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ugh. Is phone bashing the new racism? I'm sick of that one too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justibackwardsn View Post
    Ugh. Is phone bashing the new racism? I'm sick of that one too.
    It's what you do when you like something... Samsung has a big crush but they are still in grade school.

UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think it's more of an insult to Apple customers than the company itself.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast