+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases "Urban Camping" Ad as part of its Anti-Apple Campaign

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Use some common sense, people. Those willing to camp put for days for an iPhone probably aren't even going to considered the SGSII. As such, Samsung is not considering them
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Use some common sense, people. Those willing to camp put for days for an iPhone probably aren't even going to considered the SGSII. As such, Samsung is not considering them potential customers. They are saying, to the rest of the world, "look at these douches standing in line. Here, have (what we consider) a better phone, without having to stand in line for days to get it". It is literally that simple. They aren't alienating a whole lot of their potential clients because they know they probably don't have that in a die-hard Apple fan anyway...

Thanks
    If Samsung is so much better why are there so many apple products used in commercials in sted of Samsung

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hispasat View Post
    luckily,SIRI doesn't give a f*ck
    Because she is probably having trouble connecting to the server.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Because she is probably having trouble connecting to the server.
    you mean to samsung server

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luie82 View Post
    It's so sad that they keep airing these ads when Apple is just destroying them in sales.
    Do you actually have numbers? SGSII was 30 million in October (last figure I could find), so it could be a good chunk. The 4S was 40 something that I read recently. I don't doubt the 4S is higher, but destroying is likely a bit of an overstatement here. The SGSII was actually wildly successful; the best an Android phone has ever done. It really is a phenomenal phone, and this is coming from a person who has a 4S as his daily driver.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Samsung leads the market with the ugliest android ever, Samsung Behold II!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just looking at the pic, it's funny that the only "barista" hipster types are the people using the Samsung phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Do you actually have numbers? SGSII was 30 million in October (last figure I could find), so it could be a good chunk. The 4S was 40 something that I read recently. I don't doubt the 4S is higher, but destroying is likely a bit of an overstatement here. The SGSII was actually wildly successful; the best an Android phone has ever done. It really is a phenomenal phone, and this is coming from a person who has a 4S as his daily driver.
    Numbers came out last week that in q4 2011 Samsung sold 35 million smartphones and Apple sold 37 million. So Apple sold about 6% more phones than Sammy. Not really destroying, but definitely beating.
    Last edited by fleurya; 01-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigiphoneinreno View Post
    All I have to say is let the specs do the talking and compare 2011 iphone 4S to Galaxy S 2. Here let me help you out with that....

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=3541&id[]=3136&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=
    you must have posted that link from your iPhone--because it does not work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was a die hard fan of apple I stood in line for iphone 2g release, but as the years passed with 3g to 3gs to iphone 4, but it was just time to move on the way apple does its iterations of the iphone and then charging 200+ and hard locking you in for 2 years is just not my style anymore. I mean android phones atleast with Att let you get away with 1 year and you can talk them into letting you renew contract. Now I know some of you will say well you are just wasting too much money every year. Thats not my point, my point is like for instance I did want to try 4s but I still had 2 months, they wouldnt unlock my contract and I have been with att for well over 14 years, its just apples policies. So when my mom told me she wanted an iphone, I just gave her mine and moved on to the samsung galaxy skyrocket.

I heard a few calling it a **** design or its a bad phone, but you just have not tried it, when I had the 3gs I used to tell the droid users it was a **** phone I mean it kinda was but I said it out of total fanboism. I am over that apple hype is wearing out on me, the only thing I have is the iPad2 (it will be replaced with asus transformer prime, because of the tegra3) and thats all.

One my friends told me once hes a developer -- He said if tonight I were to get all the apple products in the world and toss them into the ocean and shut down all production on them, tomorrow the world will still be running, but if i were to do it with microsoft/unix or linux the wold would stop and there would be panic.
    Last edited by darkcrave; 01-30-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    I don't understand these ads. What company wouldn't be stoked about having its users camp out waiting for their newest product. All this shows is Apple's fans are more dedicated than the rest. If someone is willing to camp out in line for the iPhone then how is this ad insulted them going to change their minds? Bearing that in mind who then is Samsung targeting with these ads if not the Apple fans willing to camp out?

Also, why are there so many Android users posting on a site dedicated to iDevice news? Are these people trolling just for the sake of doing so or do they own at least an iPod, iPad, etc. ?
    I wonder the same thing almost daily about comments from people who seem to hate apple. why are you here? get a life. i'm only on hear to learn about iphone news so I can keep my 4s pimped. Now that it's jb'd, any other phone looks like a toy.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

This generations Woodstock? That was a retarded line....The commercials are alright, they do seem to be getting repetitive/predictable. I wish Apple was still doing their, "I'm a Mac" ads, those were brilliant

Thanks

samsung is trying to play off the uneducated consumers, saying that everyone else really thinks the samsung is amazing. It just makes them look like jerks to me and most people ive talked to...its not working.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    If the videos wont play on your iPhone try playing it on your Android phone instead.
    Why the heck would I ever want to own an Android phone except the fact that it's a bigger screen?

Better yet if your so into Android why the heck are u on a apple based modding website?

Thanks

WHO CARES WHAT...Samsung throws up there. Apple is #1 & has a #1 Phone & tablet.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I love these ads!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domenicp View Post
    The first one was quite funny when I saw it... Reminded me of the PC vs. Mac commercials Apple had... but I expected a little more creativity with the subsequent ads... poking fun at apple or apple users should be ripe with possibilities... what ad agency did these? will have to make sure not to hire them.

they could have gone after siri... or even drudged up antennagate... or played on the fact the apple carries samsung built components inside...

anyway the S II looks great, but i just upgraded my old 3G to a 4S instead, and i'm very happy with it.
    I actually saw ANOTHER one where they brought up battery issues, something about the cloud, and one other thing. The ending line was "We got Samsunged". I thought it was pretty clever.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Why the heck would I ever want to own an Android phone except the fact that it's a bigger screen?

Better yet if your so into Android why the heck are u on a apple based modding website?
    Wow you walked right into that one, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by hispasat View Post
    you mean to samsung server
    Errrr... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    If Samsung is so much better why are there so many apple products used in commercials in sted of Samsung
    Product placement (as in Apple pays for those placements).
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-31-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool Dear samsung gayboys
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker1 View Post
    Probably because they are innovative, thats why they release many different types of android. Had the iPhone 4 and 3G and I can tell you I am very happy with their phone. Not to mention the crap service you get with ATT. Not going to get a damn phone like the iPhone 4s just because its the hottest thing when the service is utterly crap. At least I won't be having to jailbreak or have no problems getting unlocked for free. Tell me you can do that with an iPhone at any time. Don't be such a fan boy with the iPhone, its not work all the hype bro.

Stryker
    What an idiot ^ . The iphone 4s is a world phone sold unlocked. The android fan boys i always see put their phones up and hide them when i whip out a JB iphone 4s. NTM android doesnt have 3rd party support, you know why> Because their OS is complete ****, and they (HTC) have been caught violating patents, meaning they have to steal ideas and hardware to support their crappy OS.

ANYONE NOTICE THEY DONT TALK ABOUT THE SAMSUNG PHONES? ITS FUNNY WHEN ALL A COMPANY HAS TO TALK ABOUT IS THE COMPETITION! SHOWS HOW WEAK THEY ARE, AND HOW VULNERABLE THEY HAVE BECOME.

ANDROID=FAIL

Thanks

I ❤ 
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg84 View Post
    What an idiot ^ . The iphone 4s is a world phone sold unlocked. The android fan boys i always see put their phones up and hide them when i whip out a JB iphone 4s. NTM android doesnt have 3rd party support, you know why> Because their OS is complete ****, and they (HTC) have been caught violating patents, meaning they have to steal ideas and hardware to support their crappy OS.

ANYONE NOTICE THEY DONT TALK ABOUT THE SAMSUNG PHONES? ITS FUNNY WHEN ALL A COMPANY HAS TO TALK ABOUT IS THE COMPETITION! SHOWS HOW WEAK THEY ARE, AND HOW VULNERABLE THEY HAVE BECOME.

ANDROID=FAIL
    Man u must be out of breath after yelling all of that

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg84 View Post

ANDROID=FAIL
    Umm what? lol