Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Love Box: The Analog Video Mixer Most Everyone Doesn't Need

Default Love Box: The Analog Video Mixer Most Everyone Doesn't Need

It's love. In a box. It's your love in a box.

Editing traditional film with traditional tools is a bear. No, it’s a woolly mammoth sized effort in tedium. Cutting strips of film frame by frame and gluing them back together. The old adage “left on the cutting room floor” is more literal than most realize.

Today’s non-linear editing programs and workflows have made piecing together a film manageable, but every so often in a world of CGI old-fashioned video solutions pop up. Enter the Love Box, an extremely crude, and extremely expensive solution to recording two sides of a conversation at once. The Love Box is a video mixer for the iPhone that uses mirrors to shoot split-screen video of whats in front of you and what is behind, and slight off to one side.

The little device was originally designed to capture two people conversing for a documentary in Barcelona called “The Love Box Conversations.” The very niche device will set buyers back about $80, but those splurging can find solace in the fact they’ll be owners of a rare first run of 100 units.

Unique, pointless for most, expensive. I’m sure this thing will sell out fast.

Source: Wired

What is this I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by DQEight View Post
    What is this I don't even...
    Analog video mixer. It uses mirrors to split the image the iPhone records in two allowing for simultaneous view of two subjects.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems this would be pretty easy to make, if you had the right tools, for under $20 in materials. Hell, a shoebox might even work. :P

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Seems this would be pretty easy to make, if you had the right tools, for under $20 in materials. Hell, a shoebox might even work. :P
    Ha, I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    +1. But it's an apple accessory it has to be overpriced lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool....?

I can't wait for the next stupid politician, athlete, actor, etc to sex chat with some girl who has this "lovebox" setup to capture it all and make some money selling it..... Kim Kardashian would have LOVED this back in her sex tape days! On the other hand....i imagine Brett Favre, Tiger Woods, and that Congressman guy wouldn't have liked it to much!
    El Zurdo

Gee and there's a new iPhone being announced possibly as soon as February so this shouldn't turn obsolete too soon :-p

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kakalman View Post
    Gee and there's a new iPhone being announced possibly as soon as February so this shouldn't turn obsolete too soon :-p
    Ha, ya...that's gonna happen, lol.
    El Zurdo

This is the most idiotic piece of crap I've ever seen sold to suckers.

The selling price can just about buy a couple of 4x8 sheets of birch plywood. Add a router, a wood-burning kit, piece of mirror (cheap mirror cut into pieces with glass cutter), and a little wood glue and stain. You could probably make 20 to 30 of these things with those 2 sheets of plywood. And some people will buy them. Whoever made that thing was using their noggin. Not saying it's worth the $80 price, not at all, but whoever made it will be making some moolah no doubt.