Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 4S Accounts for 89 Percent of Apple's Phone Sales in 4Q

Default IPhone 4S Accounts for 89 Percent of Apple's Phone Sales in 4Q

Apple unveiled the iPhone 4S late last year to a great deal of criticism.

Critics cried foul of the identical design. Complained it didnít include 4G/LTE technology. The screen wasnít any bigger. Many claimed Apple released a dud. Their first misstep.

Well Tim Cook and company laugh all the way to the bank, reclaiming the number one spot amongst handset manufacturers with the iPhone 4S accounting for 89% of total iPhone sale during the last quarter according to the Consumer Intelligence Research Partners. The iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS accounted for a paltry seven and four percent of overall sales.

The iPhone 4S sales breakdown is as follows:

• 16GB: 45% of sales
    • 32GB: 34% of sales
    • 64GB: 21% of sales

CIRPís research found that 19% of iPhone 4 owners upgraded and 42% of iPhone 4S buyers broke their current contract to purchase the new device. Also, 19% of 4S buyers sold their old device, most likely to help fulfil their subliminal capitalist needs.

TUAWís Chris Rawson came up with some interesting numbers by comparing CIRPS sales percentages with Appleís total number of units sold during the earnings call and the actual sales numbers nearly matched CIRPS percentages.

• iPhone 3GS: 1.48 million
    • iPhone 4: 2.59 million
    • iPhone 4S 16 GB: 14.8 million
    • iPhone 4S 32 GB: 11.2 million
    • iPhone 4S 64 GB: 6.9 million
    Apple didnít even have to reinvent their phone to smash records and beat estimates. Not a bad way to bring in the new year.

Source: TUAW

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm curious to know how many (or what %) of Yellow Tint screen versions of the iPhone 4s's were sold. Let's see them release that number!
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I'm curious to know how many (or what %) of Yellow Tint screen versions of the iPhone 4s's were sold. Let's see them release that number!
    I believe it was the same number as the windows live phones sold all year.

I haven't heard of a yellow tint issue but even if there is one .. All you would need to do is walk into an Apple store and they'll switch it out no questions asked.. Try doing that at a Windows store. Oh wait there aren't many windows stores

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    I haven't heard of a yellow tint issue but even if there is one .. All you would need to do is walk into an Apple store and they'll switch it out no questions asked.. Try doing that at a Windows store. Oh wait there aren't many windows stores
    I take it from your response, and the one before it, you think I prefer windows phone over iPhone....that is not the case at all. My screen name was made years ago, way before windows phone was born. I love windows on pcs, not at ALL on mobile.

I absolutely love my iPhone 4, so when I upgraded to iPhone 4S, i was extremely excited! Opened the box like it was Xmas morning, giddy with excitement and anticipation, fired up my new baby....!! Only to discover a yellowish screen. I think you can understand my disappointment.

If you do a quick google search of "iPhone 4s yellowish", you will see it is a rather large problem, reported by many users and news outlets, even dubbed "Yellowgate", that somehow has successfully been brushed under the rug by Apple.

And it is not as simple as "All you would need to do is walk into an Apple store and they'll switch it out no questions asked." It appears (based on customer comments and forum posts) Apples policy on this issue is "there is nothing wrong with your phone." Yet, they will switch it out for you ONE time, and ONE time only! So if you switch it out, and receive another yellowish screen, your stuck with your brand new, yellowish screen, iPhone 4S. No bueno.

So that is my dilemma, if I switch it out right away, I will most likely get a phone from the same batch as the last, which I would imagine would have the same problem.

I have never been a Apple hater, I love Apple, and i would never buy another phone, but I think my frustration here is justified. If there is "nothing wrong with the phone", why will they switch it out one time? Kind of contradictory if you ask me.

If you don't believe me, google it....not making this up, although, it does seem pretty unbelievable.

Many might have the yellowish screen and not know it. If you, or a friend have a iPhone 4, compare both screen, see if one looks different then the other. When I compare my iPhone 4 to my 4S, the difference is night and day, especially when certain colors such as white or grey are on screen. The 4 looks WAY better.

Try it out!
    El Zurdo

I can't see you walking into an Apple store, comparing iPhone's and one has a yellow screen and one doesn't and them saying too bad you're on your own. I would put a stop payment on the credit card if that happens

And I've returned several items several times including broken screens and never had a problem. There customer service is really good

Thanks

I know, I completely agree with u. But I have read numerous forum posts of people with the same problem, and they were only allowed to switch it one time. One post said a genius and him opened 7 or so brand new iPhones, all of which had the yellowish tint, at which point he gave up and said he would come back later, hoping a different shipment had come in. Others have been told the screen is "Within quality range".....Whatever that means. Hopefully I will get a nice genius! I will not settle for yellow!
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    I can't see you walking into an Apple store, comparing iPhone's and one has a yellow screen and one doesn't and them saying too bad you're on your own. I would put a stop payment on the credit card if that happens

And I've returned several items several times including broken screens and never had a problem. There customer service is really good

Agreed....there is no way I am buying that the Apple store wouldnt return a yellow tinged iPhone screen. Sounds like a load of BS.