Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Lorem - Swipe Notification Center Dismissal!

Default [Review] Lorem - Swipe Notification Center Dismissal!

Meet a new way to dismiss Notification Center notifications!

Great news folks, if you don't like the way that Notification Center makes you dismiss notifications by tapping on the 'X' button and then tapping on the 'Clear' button, then you might be interested to hear about this really cool new way to dismiss your Notification Center notifications. The jailbreak tweak has been dubbed Lorem by iOS developer iStopped. It works by allowing you to swipe to dismiss a Notification Center notification instead of having to tap each of those buttons. Here is a quick video demonstration that I recorded to show you all how it works:

As you saw from the video, all you need to do is simply and gracefully swipe on a notification while it's in your Notification Center, and it will disappear. There is nothing to it. That's all it takes. Since it requires Notification Center, Lorem obviously requires iOS 5. It does have one setting that you will find in the Settings application that lets you clear the icon badges of any Notification Center notification that you clear with using Lorem:

Lorem is like the cousin of another one of iStopped's jailbreak tweaks called Ipsum, which we reviewed here, that allows you to swipe notifications to remove them from the lock screen as they stack up in iOS 5. Lorem is in a way, the Notification Center version of Ipsum, even though the dismissal process is just slightly different. The idea for Lorem obviously stemmed from Ipsum. Both tweaks are great ways to get rid of annoying notifications that seem to always pop up and bug you when you are trying to cherish your awesome iOS graphical user interface.

While Lorem is a cool new swiping way to get rid of notifications, some people might prefer IntelliScreenX's feature which makes it so that you only tap the 'X' button once to clear the Notification and the badge. There are other tweaks that can do this too. It's a personal preference between liking to swipe or liking to tap, but these are the great choices that a touch screen offers us. I will probably stick with IntelliScreenX and the single button technique, but I am sure that some people will enjoy the swiping and the animation that comes with it. You can download Lorem absolutely free in the Modmyi repo of Cydia today!

Name: Lorem
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: Modmyi
    Developer: iStopped
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Are you going to start swiping to remove your Notification Center notifications? Share in the comments about your thoughts on Lorem.

Sources: iStopped

According to your screenshot, its lorem not iStopped

Never mind. Developer not tweak

Removed it because I'm unable to scroll once I get this tweak. That should totally be fixed. Unless it's just on mine. Swiping is really easy sometimes. I wish It can a confirm delete.
    Forgot to mention I'm using intellix so when I mean scroll I mean from my twitter, fb, email, news feeds.
    Last edited by dajanksta; 01-26-2012 at 09:46 PM.

When you guys do these reviews can you also state if it'll work for the iPad as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sdalston View Post
    When you guys do these reviews can you also state if it'll work for the iPad as well?
    I don't have an iPad, so I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't have an iPad, so I wouldn't know.
    What's your address, I'll send you one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    Can u send me one? Lol

Since when does IntelliscreenX allow you to press the x only once to clear the Notification and the badge? Mine makes me press it twice, the first to reveal the clear option and a second time to clear it. Is there a setting that i cant find somewhere?

Thanks
    This tweak caused my iPhone 4 to restart every time i attempted to dismiss when used with ISX. I tried it three times, and all three times - crash, sent into safe mode, respring. I assume it is a ISX conflict.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TexasDeltaSig's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Since when does IntelliscreenX allow you to press the x only once to clear the Notification and the badge? Mine makes me press it twice, the first to reveal the clear option and a second time to clear it. Is there a setting that i cant find somewhere?
    Springtomize does this, not intelliscreen.

Since when does IntelliscreenX allow you to press the x only once to clear the Notification and the badge
    i don't have intelliscreenx but i want the same thing... 1 tap on the x to clear!!! is there a tweak for just that!

also whats the notification centre theme in the video where the bg goes all frosty!??

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDeltaSig View Post
    Springtomize does this, not intelliscreen.
    You are right; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryafc View Post
    whats the notification centre theme in the video where the bg goes all frosty!??
    It's a tweak on Ryan Petrich's beta repo called Fast Blurred Notification Center.

Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    Holy crap iPad WANT plz

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's a tweak on Ryan Petrich's beta repo called Fast Blurred Notification Center.
    Whoa, I like that frosted glass tweak! I like that even more than what the article is actually about

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Can u send me one? Lol
    I'll take two. Thanks