Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next-Gen iPhone Rumored to be Ready for Production

Thanks

Default Next-Gen iPhone Rumored to be Ready for Production

The folks over at 9to5Mac are reporting that they have received word from a “reliable” source at Foxconn that Apple is gearing up to begin production of the iPhone 5. It is being suggested that the company could be pushing for a mid-year launch more in line with pre-iPhone 4S debuts.

The source said various sample devices are also floating around (which vary slightly from one another) so it is impossible to tell which one will be the final. Some things in common with all of them, however are:

- 4+ inch display (made by LG on at least one of them)
    - No teardrop-shaped devices as were rumored in the lead up to the iPhone 4S. Samples so far have been symmetrical in thickness. Also longer/wider.
    - None of the sample devices have the iPhone 4/4S form factor
    - None of the devices are final versions
    It was reported that the start of the production seems to be coming several months ahead of last year’s schedule, indicating that Apple could be targeting a launch that is much sooner than last year’s October debut of the iPhone 4S. Consequently, Apple could be returning to its traditional iPhone launch pattern of an introduction at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference, which is typically held in June with the availability being said to come to the first batch of countries just a few weeks later. This would ultimately shorten the life span of the iPhone 4S, which I don't think many consumers would be happy with and therefore I feel that a summer launch isn't likely to happen.

The details of this report seem similar to those that were rumored before the release of the iPhone 4S with the supposed 4-inch next generation iPhone 5 coming out without a teardrop shape being targeted for a summer launch.

Speculation on Apple’s next generation iPhone launch timing has currently been split with some observers suggesting that the iPhone 4S was just an anomaly for Apple and that it will be returning to the usual mid-year timeframe, while others suggest that the cycle is permanently going to be moved back to that started with the iPhone 4S. Daring Fireball’s John Gruber specifically refutes the claim that the iPhone 5 production is starting up. He also doubts the claim that the device is likely to be longer and wider than the current form factor, although he doesn’t appear to have any insider information on the aspect.

When do you think the next iPhone will be released? Do you think the claims are true? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

Source: 9to5Mac, Daring Fireball

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Damn it... I was going to get a 4S next week... Now I guess I will have to wait for the next-gen iPad and the next-gen iPhone...

well you know i will be first in line to get each new product they decide to dish out

you know i will be getting each product they decide to dish out

Quote Originally Posted by skkilla View Post
    well you know i will be first in line to get each new product they decide to dish out

Testing 1 2 3 ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borsato92 View Post
    Damn it... I was going to get a 4S next week... Now I guess I will have to wait for the next-gen iPad and the next-gen iPhone...
    Get the 4S while u can still jailbreak it!

First of all, this article is just a rumor...I think we all learned our lesson about iPhone rumors last year.. So who knows when the real release date will be.

Second....look how long it took for the 4S to be jailbroken, quite a while. By the time you can jailbreak your iPhone 5, u could quite possibly be close to a full upgrade!

Third....Will the next iPhone be jailbreakable?? I hope so! But can I be positive that it will be, no. Is the iPhone 4S the last jailbreakable iPhone? I hope not! But if it is, it would be a very valuable thing to have...whether u are looking to sell it on eBay, or keep for yourself.

Just some things to think about!
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Considering how well the 4S is selling at the moment, I don't think they should be releasing 5 so soon. Does not make sense to shorten the life of their so far best selling iPhone. Bringing it out in June would mean that 4S would have a life cycle of only 8 months and that just too short. It will not sell that well as most of the people ( including me ) who have bought 4S will not be upgrading to 5 so soon as the current phone is just way too new. Only hardcore Apple fans are ready to buy a new phone every 6 months or so.

Do i think its funny when ppl ask a question and then answer themselves? Yes. Will i point it out if i see or hear it happen? Yes. Will i use my tax refund to get the new iphone and give my wife my 4s? No. Has it been too long with no jailbreak to jump on the new iphone wagon? Im not sure

Quote Originally Posted by skkilla View Post

Deja vu?

Quote Originally Posted by theskygod View Post
    Considering how well the 4S is selling at the moment, I don't think they should be releasing 5 so soon. Does not make sense to shorten the life of their so far best selling iPhone. Bringing it out in June would mean that 4S would have a life cycle of only 8 months and that just too short. It will not sell that well as most of the people ( including me ) who have bought 4S will not be upgrading to 5 so soon as the current phone is just way too new. Only hardcore Apple fans are ready to buy a new phone every 6 months or so.
    everyone who does not have the 4s is ready.
    Last edited by buttamix; 01-26-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Jesus, this is so tedious.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with buttamix...everyone on an iPhone4 or lower is ready & most probably waiting on the 5. I know I am ����

We all know how smart the people at Apple are. Why not release the 5 this year? By the time folks with 4S's come to the end of their contracts, they'll either be ready for the 5S or the 6. It's not rocket science...with all the continuing advances in mobile technology, Apple really cannot afford to sit back on their asses whilst the other big players are looking to take chunks out of it.....Samsung comes to mind.

And don't think the longer standing veteran mobile phone manufacturers wouldn't like to seize tgd opportunity of getting back on the map that Apple squeezed them out from.

Keep innovation & competition going...keep it coming! Us consumers win in the end as we finally get our money's worth. It just might not feel like it when the next gen whatever blows it out of the water. But let's face it, anything from the 3GS onwards has been a joy to have & to hold...until the next gen do us part. ����

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

With the launch of the 4S Apple got to see how many people will wait in a line to get their products. If they release the "5" in mid year (8 months after 4S release) they know damn well they'll have record sales again on a new iPhone. They will push out their products/developments fast so they can be the leading smart phone/tablet manufacturer and be the first to do it (tech). Apple doesn't care if you're upset that you just bought the iPhone 4S because they know more than likely, carrier upgrade or not, people will sit in line and pay full price for a new iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theskygod View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    Jesus, this is so tedious.
    not really..Those people relying on "sources" want to cover every scenario possible..so that at the end they can claim that they reported that awhile back and "see we were correct"...
    No Sig Spam

Thanks

if the new iPhone has a 4"+ screen? that's worth upgrading anyway but hearing "tear drop design" brings me tears of joy. Apple make it happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Borsato92 View Post
    Oh, to have your problems...please note that I am writing this on my 4S, which I enjoy thoroughly--more than my laptop for lightweight computing.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Think the next iphone will be cheaper looking and not worth buying , as steve jobs was more on detail ,this has sadly gone as the new apple are more interested in $ than details , the iphone 4s was the last iphone steve jobs had his input with , the next one wont have the same feel , i know apple will try to milk steve job's name for as long as they can , and real apple fans were more for what steve jobs did for us , cant see candles outside an apple store if cook dies , apple was steve jobs , without him they are just another tech company

Thanks

I have a 4 and i was waiting for the next gen iphone anyway. Nothing i use my phone for requires anymore more power than the 4 has. The biggest deal breaker for me was the lack of more ram i run out of ram often on my 4. So if the new one has a 4+ inch screen and atleast 1gb of ram ill probably get it ,if it doesn't have more ram ill most likely switch to android. Nothing against apple at all i love my 4 but i need something to better suit my needs. Texting on this little screen is a bit cumbersome though im always hittin the wrong keys and gettin aggrivated. What do you think the possiblity of apple puttin an underclocked A6 in the new IPhone is anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_net View Post
    Think the next iphone will be cheaper looking and not worth buying , as steve jobs was more on detail ,this has sadly gone as the new apple are more interested in $ than details , the iphone 4s was the last iphone steve jobs had his input with , the next one wont have the same feel , i know apple will try to milk steve job's name for as long as they can , and real apple fans were more for what steve jobs did for us , cant see candles outside an apple store if cook dies , apple was steve jobs , without him they are just another tech company
    No way. Steve Jobs knew this, and has probably had his hand on the iPhone 5 design. He was a huge part of Apple, but there are countless others working there who are sharp as a tack. Apple will continue to innovate.

Don't matter to me. My upgrade is all the way in november. If its out before great. Then I'll have time to see wether or not it will be jailbreakable.

Thanks

What about us iPhone 4 users who have been waiting 16 months when apple decided to release the 4S instead of this phone? Do you think apple thought about that? Anyway I just want it before October.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast