Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] TelOnNotification - Make Phone Calls From Notification Center

Default [Review] TelOnNotification - Make Phone Calls From Notification Center

This is a nice Notification Center widget that lets you make calls.

You have an iPhone, but where's the Phone? Is it on your home page, your second page, your third page? Is it on your dock? I don't know! Well now, you never have to not know again. If you need to make a call but you find that looking for your Phone application is a pain in the rear, then you'll appreciate this new jailbreak widget for Notification Center that allows you to make phone calls but sliding down Notification Center, entering a phone number, and tapping the call button. This widget is free and has been dubbed TelOnNotification by iOS developer timetravel0.

The widget has a decent looking GUI (graphical user interface). There have been a lot of widgets that are completely atrocious compared to the way that we might expect Apple to implement a widget. This one keeps it nice and simple and best of all, it's small. It doesn't take up a ton of room. Before you actually start typing in a phone number to dial, the widget looks as it does in the screenshot below:

After you tap on that bar that says, "Telephone number to call" the iOS number pad appears with a call button in the bottom left. The number pad is demonstrated by the first image in this review. It looks very eye-candy-ish and I'm sure that a lot of people if not most would like to add this widget to their collection for iOS 5's Notification Center.

There are some prerequisites to using it. For example, you cannot dismiss the number pad easily when you are in Notification Center. You have to press the home button, which exits Notification Center completely, just to put the number pad away. So this means that you shouldn't tap on the widget unless you really want to make a call otherwise that number pad will get in the way of you viewing your other widgets. Another thing is that you need to know someone's phone number by heart, otherwise you won't be able to call them. This widget doesn't support address book integration, so you can't go through your Contacts application and pick a contact that you've added in the past to call.

Do those prerequisites make it useless? Absolutely not. It's still a quick way to dial a phone number if you don't want to fumble around for your Phone application. You will need to be running iOS 5 to download this widget because it depends on Notification Center to function. You can enable the widget or disable it at any time by simply dragging it in and out of Notification Center in the Settings application under 'settings>notifications>in notification center'. I think this is a nice thing to have if you're an iPhone power-user like me.

Name: TelOnNotification
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: timetravel0
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Are you going to use Notification Center to place your next phone call? Let us know what you think in the comments!

Sources: Cydia

Sorry not for me needs a bit more work on it before it becomes of any use IMHO.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

(Sigh) No unlimited data... No iPhone!

:edit: sorted

not bad but really needs contacts support. Out of a contacts list of 30+ I only have 4 memorized. lol is that bad?
    Last edited by iZangetsu; 01-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice free useful tweak. That's what jailbreaking is all about.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

I like the idea. my notification center is getting clogged in a hurry!! sorry for changing the subject, but does anyone know the name of the tweak that shows a blurry background when the notification center is pulled down?

Quote Originally Posted by liverjello View Post
    I like the idea. my notification center is getting clogged in a hurry!! sorry for changing the subject, but does anyone know the name of the tweak that shows a blurry background when the notification center is pulled down?
    BlurriedNCBackground

im curious what the 3 dots r at the bottom of the notification center in the picture and what the tweak is called for the clear background

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    im curious what the 3 dots r at the bottom of the notification center in the picture and what the tweak is called for the clear background
    The clear background is FastBlurredNotificationCenter (by Ryan Petrich on his beta repo) and the dots are part of IntelliScreenX (by Intelliborn).

On a different note any way of centering NC widgets on the ipad2 everyone seems to be off center?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Ryan petrich's beta repo is http://rpetri.ch/repo

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

You have an iPhone, but where's the Phone? Is it on your home page, your second page, your third page? Is it on your dock?
    Is there anyone who really doesn't know where the Phone app is? On their iPhone?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell me when it gets address book support xD

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks
    Does that clear background work with ISX on the lockscreen?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    Is there anyone who really doesn't know where the Phone app is? On their iPhone?
    lol i was thinking the same thing

anyway i just hold the home button and say "call ..." yup im that cool :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

It looks great. I am going to use Notification Center.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it on lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    Tell me when it gets address book support xD
    True that?

I just noticed that it was off-center. I automatically hate this widget now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I just noticed that it was off-center. I automatically hate this widget now.
    Lol ? You put this topic lol