+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Tweak to Allow Users to Tweet Using Siri

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
UPDATE: The tweak has been released and is named Sireet. iOS developer Tyler Nettleton , who might be better known as @InfectionFX , is currently working on a new tweak
    Thanks

Default New Tweak to Allow Users to Tweet Using Siri

UPDATE: The tweak has been released and is named Sireet.

iOS developer Tyler Nettleton, who might be better known as @InfectionFX, is currently working on a new tweak which will allow users to tweet with Siri. The idea is something that many users have had in mind when first hearing of Siri but were quickly disappointed when finding out it was not a built-in feature. Thanks to Tyler Nettleton, this idea will come to fruition.

The concept behind the whole tweak is that users will be able to open Siri and say “Tweet” and then say whatever message they would like to tweet. Once finished, Siri will say “Tweet Sent” to inform the user that the message has been successfully tweeted. It hasn’t been confirmed what exactly would happen if your message is too long to tweet and if Siri will pick up slang (unlikely) but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

For users who are already pumped about the whole concept and are interested in trying it out, you’ll have to wait a little bit longer. The tweak is said to be released by the end of this week but hasn’t been given a name. It is said that the tweak will be named after the developers new baby boy, which is due this week.

As usual, stay tuned for more information on the tweak when it is released. In the mean time, you can watch a video released by Phil over at iOSVlog:

Source: iOSVlog (Thanks Phil for sending this in)
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 01-26-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

That will be awesome.

Consider me excited for this tweak and hopefully many more awesome Siri tweaks ahead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

still waiting for a spire proxy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Go here Orbit Server

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yes, this sounds great. Hopefully we will get a facebook update one as well (if VLingo can do it, Siri should too LOL!)

Thanks

Nice one congrats on baby boy also

Green Apple
    Thanks
    TMZ will have a hay day if this ever gets released to the masses. There are enough dumb***es out there that tweet stuff they shouldn't when they have the benefit of having a few seconds to process what they're typing. Being able to speak tweets just sounds like trouble. I'm predicting the number of apology tweets will be on the rise. This should be fun to watch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    TMZ will have a hay day if this ever gets released to the masses. There are enough dumb***es out there that tweet stuff they shouldn't when they have the benefit of having a few seconds to process what they're typing. Being able to speak tweets just sounds like trouble. I'm predicting the number of apology tweets will be on the rise. This should be fun to watch.
    I would hope that people will actually CHECK what they spoke.

But in general, I think about 80 percent of the people who have smartphones shouldn't too LOL!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Root-HAcks
    free and works perfect been using it a few weeks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InitialD View Post
    Root-HAcks
    free and works perfect been using it a few weeks
    Does Spire make some of your third party apps crash upon opening? I wanted to try the root-hacks server but I can't seem to get Spire working on my phone properly without it affecting other apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Root hacks wouldnt work for me. I followed all the steps. I broke down to purchasing access to a server from Orbit Server thinking it would work, but it didn't. I keep getting the "I'm sorry I can't help you right now" etc. If anyone can help out that'd be great. I'd rather not have completely wasted 15 dollars. (even though I somewhat already did since this should be free, but i foolishly thought paying up would guarantee results lol)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Does Spire make some of your third party apps crash upon opening? I wanted to try the root-hacks server but I can't seem to get Spire working on my phone properly without it affecting other apps.
    are you using my3g? i had that problem when i installed spire ..uninstalling my3g fixed other apps.

@jabij1 .. im using that same service and its been working pretty good for me .. did you go to the website after you got the email for activation and download the certificate for your phone? then put the ip listed on that page in spire?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akira1984 View Post
    @jabij1 .. im using that same service and its been working pretty good for me .. did you go to the website after you got the email for activation and download the certificate for your phone? then put the ip listed on that page in spire?
    Yep. I purchased it, clicked on the install certificate link on the homepage, selected the comet certificate and went through that process. Its also listed under settings, general, profile. Do I have to use the comet ip address under proxy host in spire settings? Or can I use any of them? Either way, I've tried each one. No go..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    Yep. I purchased it, clicked on the install certificate link on the homepage, selected the comet certificate and went through that process. Its also listed under settings, general, profile. Do I have to use the comet ip address under proxy host in spire settings? Or can I use any of them? Either way, I've tried each one. No go..
    yes you must use the ip for which certificate you installed.. currently im running on rocket.. and i just tried it and its up right now.

Thanks

I uninstalled the comet cert and tried the rocket one, used the rocket ip. Still didn't work. I'm going to try updating to 5.0.1, rejailbreaking, reinstalling spire, etc. Hopefully that works.

Thanks

Can't view the video from the link

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

i see a major flaw in this tweak that i hope they fix before its released. Did you notice how it automatically sent Siri didnt ask you to double check to make sure if the message was right, it just sent it. What if Siri hears you wrong you need to be able to double-check what it heard you say before you tweet it

Banned
    Thanks

Wait until the new model. Have people not figured out that when apple brings out a S model such as 3G S then 4G S it's cleaning out its stock of older phones for a new one hence here it is.......
    The N E W iPhone 5 - Coming MARCH 201292
    rate this page

By Clandestine

The iPhone 5 - Coming MARCH 2012
    The all new iPhone 5 is already buzzing with speculation. Will the iPhone 5 be a complete redesign? Yes! The current Apple iPhone release wasn't much to rave about, although people do really like Siri, the personal assistant. However, the iPhone 5 is going to have some amazing new hardware and features like 3D video and pictures, newly designed keyboards and 4G speeds to name a few! The iPhone 5 will be released in March of 2012!

The new iPhone 5 is going to be loaded with awesome new features like video chat on 3g and 4g (no longer restricted to WiFi only), face recognition and extreme downloading with 4G. Also there is a new chat service between Apple devices! Similar to the blackberry messenger service. It has also been integrated into the SMS/MMS application used originally on the iPhone models. (List of possible features below). The new iPhone 5 features are speculated, these features are well received by the public and will typically follow suit based on previous releases and their features.

This iPhone 5 will be equipped with a two A5 chip processors and higher more powerful graphic chips that can deliver higher video resolutions (5-9 times better and 7 times faster) and amazing "still" images when taking pictures, AND it will make multi-tasking a lot faster, in addition to adding support for 4G speeds. It will also have a 4 inch screen making it larger and on par with most android phones. The processor will have speeds at 1.5 - 2.0 GHz and 1GB of RAM. Obviously the new iPhone 5 will have iMessage, iOS5, iCloud and all the standard features of the iPhone 4S, including Siri the personal assistant. These improvements alone will be healthy competition for the newly released Samsung Galaxy S II.

Apple recently filed several patent applications in order to bring 3D picture capturing to the iPhone 5. This phone will be capable of rendering, capturing and processing 3D images, which coincides with the recent changes to the dual-camera hardware. The new iPhone 5 will also be capable of taking pictures in Panorama!

The new iPhone 5 will boast 4G also known as LTE (Long Term Evolution) speeds, according to AT&T which is due to the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) which is in line with the most recent technology standards for mobile networks.

Apple unveiled the iPhone 4S, a faster version of its best-selling smartphone that includes a virtual "personal assistant" you can talk to. And now, Apple will release the iPhone 5, which looks promising in terms of being sleek, packed with new hardware and finally less restrictions. Very exciting! We will update our information as soon as we learn more about the newest features of the iPhone 5, as more information comes in daily. Again, the iPhone 5 is going to be a complete redesign so there is still a lot to learn about this device. Check it out ....

A few features of the new iPhone 5:

4 inch screen (Glass with Aluminum back)

Thinner sleeker design

Physical Keyboard (Possible)

Built in GPS standard

Face Recognition Security

Face Time on 3G and 4G

Custom SMS tones

Custom E-mail alerts with ability to assign different tones to each email address

Shatter resistant

8 MEGAPIXEL Camera front and rear

64G Basic and 120G memory

Extended battery life = 20 hours talk time on 3G and 10 hours on 4G. Standby 1000 hours.

Full 1080p HD Recording AND 3D Video Display !!!

Messaging indicator light.

HTML5 (safari) Flash Player capable

SIM-Less Phone - Basically, the iPhone 5 will be a World Phone, or World iPhone. This is accomplished building 2 to 3 internal antennas which makes it capable of GSM and CDMA technology, so you can take the phone to any network!

iPhone 5 Launch Date

Based on previous releases and the recent release of the iPhone 4s, it is expected that hte new iPhone 5 will be released somewhere between June and July of 2012. Apple has typically released these phones very orderly, but with this complete redesign of the new iPhone 5, along with the recent off schedule release of the iPhone 4s, July of 2012 looks like a viable target. Steve jobs was working VERY hard on this new iPhone 5 to be released in 2010 with a full and complete redesign that will deliver outstanding results and performance.

iPhone 5 price

Currently, we have estimated pricing but we can not publish them since it will all depend on what carrier you choose to purchase your iPhone 5 with. The iPhone 5 price will be subsidized by all carriers and how much of the cost they will lower the iPhone 5 by will depend on the length of the contract you sign. Currently, the iPhone 5 will be available on AT&T, Verizon Wireless and Sprint, with more carriers coming in the future. If this iPhone 5 is truly a world phone, you will be able to take it to any carrier that wants to support it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome !!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akira1984 View Post
    are you using my3g? i had that problem when i installed spire ..uninstalling my3g fixed other apps.
    No I am not. I'm using 3G Unrestrictor 5. I've read that booting into tethered mode makes the apps work again. But thats not really a permanent fix. More like working around the problem.