Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] IconBounce - Animate Your Dock Icons

Default [Review] IconBounce - Anmiate Your Dock Icons

Do you want to add animations to your SpringBoard?

Not that long ago we reported on a jailbreak tweak dubbed Motion that let you customize several animations for your application icons from as far as the home screen, to the app switcher, to folders. If you felt like Motion was too overwhelming, then we have a new animation tweak that you might enjoy. It's free and it's called IconBounce by iOS developer Evan Lucas.

The major thing about IconBounce is that it only effects icons that are in your dock. It works with tweaks that allow you to have more than one icon in your dock, so that being said, you could have more than the stock four and still have the animations. The video above gives you a little taste of what IconBounce does. The effects are completely random and there are no settings for configuring the animations; unfortunately.

The great part about the tweak is that the animations are fun and jumpy. They're smooth and exciting. They don't cause any kind of lag or battery drain, and for the most part, they're enjoyable. They can cause some frustration if you're trying to delete applications on your dock or move them around, however, because while in motion is it very difficult to tap the 'X' for deleting an application. If you are holding down and dragging an application to move it in or out of the dock, you might find that the animations do cause some slight graphical glitches until the icon is either fully placed on the dock or fully removed. These glitches aren't harmful and they are self-correcting.

Overall, it keeps movement going on Your SpringBoard. It's great for a 'screen-saver' effect, although I think Motion does a better job at being a screensaver than IconBounce does. Motion keeps icons moving all over the screen and not just on the dock part. IconBounce will work with iOS 4 or iOS 5, so if you never upgraded to iOS 5 or you have a device that doesn't support iOS 5, you can still enjoy this fun tweak.

Name: IconBounce
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-20
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Evan Lucas
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Are you going to add some animation effects to your dock with IconBounce? Share in the comments.

Sources: Cydia

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

jacob1 (01-25-2012)

Looks like a pretty fun tweak.

Thanks for making the video compatible with my MMi app.

Thats it??? I'll stick with motion...

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    Thats it??? I'll stick with motion...
    i agree with you. motion does that and more

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Bummer... When I read it, I thought this tweak would allow your docked apps to bounce like on the mac.
    Too hyperactive for me this way !

Motion rocks. This...not so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Motion is cool just wish there was a timer for it. Makes me kinda crazy when they all moving lol. But other than that I like it.

Thanks

Boring

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Just downloaded. I like it better than motion cause it's only on the dock. BTW, what is the wallpaper you have?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Default Have to agree...
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i agree with you. motion does that and more
    I just installed Motion on my i4S and I have to say, LOVE IT!!!!
    This is a crazy cool tweak that just makes things FUN...
    Sorry but Motion does this plus waaaaaay more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Has random icon flip been updated for iOS5 yet?

Cool. Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I found nothing interesting but I'll check it out.

Would be really cool if they bounced when you have a notification for that app.

-Luke