Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] WeeSlide for Notification Center - A Mini Utility Widget

Default [Review] WeeSlide for Notification Center - A Mini Utility Widget

Are you a minimalist that wants nice-looking toggles in your Notification Center? Check this out!

Notification Center comes with two main widgets - weather and stocks. They're beautiful, but they're limited. You can't really use them for anything. One of the biggest parts of jailbreaking iOS 5 is improving upon the Notification Center, such that we create countless third party widgets to make it more useful in our every day lives. If you enjoy the idea of having an easy way to toggle things on iOS right through Notification Center, then I think you will enjoy this rather new Notification Center widget dubbed WeeSlide for Notification Center by iOS developer BTPankow.

It's a very slim, nice-looking widget. It's very simple, minimalistic, and useful. It has three functions: enabling and disabling Wi-Fi, adjusting your volume via a slider, and adjusting your brightness via a slider. In the screenshots above, you can see both the volume slider (the iPod in back) and the brightness slider (the iPod in front), but you will also see that there is a Wi-Fi button on the right side of the widget.

So how do you go about using it? It's quite simple. When you install it you will see the brightness interface by default. You can slide the brightness to a setting you prefer and the brightness will change. If you want to change the volume, you'll notice that there's a button on the left that, by tapping, switches you between volume and brightness. Changing your volume is the same process as changing brightness. If you want to toggle Wi-Fi on and off, all you do is tap on the Wi-Fi button.

WeeSlide for Notification Center can be disabled to enabled at your own leisure by going into your Notification settings and dragging it between either being in Notification Center or not being in Notification Center, this meaning that you won't have to uninstall it to disable it. It's not a replacement for SBSettings, but if you hate SBSettings because of its clankiness in Notification Center, then something like this will at least give you some toggle options. Like I said, it's for minimalists. It does require iOS 5 and it will work on the iPhone 4S as well as all other devices. It's free, so check it out!

Name: WeeSlide for Notification Center
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: BTPankow
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Are you going to be downloading WeeSlide for Notification Center? Share in the comments.

Sources: Cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

nope siri does this for me

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    nope siri does this for me
    +1
    iSean(:

Add airplane toggle too, then its perfect for me atlease.

siri is slower though, great tweak thanks

Yes loving these little tweaks all useful when in busy places quick and simple.

Nice!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Can some one just make a tweak for iPad 2 users to have weather in the notification center???

Can use sbsettings but I do like how it's thin and clean

i can't seem to find it in cydia?

While it loads and displays in the notification center for me, i can't adjust the slider. I can touch and hold it, then move it one notch in either direction - then it stops sliding. I'm on an iPad2, and just completed my jailbreak via Absinthe (windows version). Does it slide smoothly for everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepshots View Post
    While it loads and displays in the notification center for me, i can't adjust the slider. I can touch and hold it, then move it one notch in either direction - then it stops sliding. I'm on an iPad2, and just completed my jailbreak via Absinthe (windows version). Does it slide smoothly for everyone else?
    I don't think it's made to work with the iPad.

Music Controls Pro has let you do this for over a year now. And brought it to the Notification Center. Thanks for ripping off my work.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post
    Music Controls Pro has let you do this for over a year now. And brought it to the Notification Center. Thanks for ripping off my work.
    Oh dear!!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post
    It's my personal opinion that his is different than yours. Yes, there will be competition of tweaks in Cydia. This is nothing new. It's a free tweak and it has a slightly different graphical appearance. How? The sliders are different and the icons do not glow. His also does not have music support. I also don't see any indication in Cydia via screenshots or via description that Music Controls Pro supports Wi-Fi toggling. So, I believe they are entirely different products.

If this had a notification center widget that also could "kill" apps that are running it would be golden! Anyone know of an addon to the notification center that does that? I wouldnt need SBSettings anymore not that i dont like it but the notification center is awesome! Will still download this though for sure!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am going to download it. It looks interesting.