+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: 64GB Model Accounts for Nearly One Quarter of All iPhone 4S Sales

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Report: 64GB Model Accounts for Nearly One Quarter of All iPhone 4S Sales

The high-end 64GB model of the iPhone 4S represents nearly one-quarter of all new iPhone 4S sales, according to a new report from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners. If the numbers are, indeed, accurate, that would represent a significant spike over previous generation iPhone buyers who opted for the 64-gigabyte model.

Perhaps more significant, however, is the study's revelation showing that more than one-third of all iPhone 4S buyers are "mobile transplants." That is, while the majority of iPhone 4S owners have upgraded from previous generations of the iPhone, 36 percent of buyers jumped ship from Android, BlackBerry and other competing platforms.

It should be noted that when CIRP previously investigated the number of iPhone 4S buyers who had come to the iPhone for the first time, that segment was only 18%. As 2011 wound to a close, the number of smartphone junkies who made the switch to Apple was dramatic, CIRP says.

The new report also found 53% of the new iPhone buyers have submitted their old devices (49% of which were iPhones) to the secondary market. “We think the secondary market for the iPhone is more established, since iPhone has the longest track record for a single device/platform, and for many it is the aspirational entry-point smartphone,” says Mike Levin, co-founder of CIRP.

Sources: CIRP, Apple Insider

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol nice that's what I went with from the 16gig to the 64gig

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Lol nice that's what I went with from the 16gig to the 64gig
    Unfortunately, I decided to save some money and go from a 32 to a 16 since I'd be using iTunes Match. Turns out that video and pictures are my problem more than music. Every time I want to go take video of my daughter's swim meets I'll run myself out of space. I've got a deal worked out to sell the 16GB 4S and upgrade to a 64GB one over the next week or so. Shoulda done that to start with.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Rock View Post
    Unfortunately, I decided to save some money and go from a 32 to a 16 since I'd be using iTunes Match. Turns out that video and pictures are my problem more than music. Every time I want to go take video of my daughter's swim meets I'll run myself out of space. I've got a deal worked out to sell the 16GB 4S and upgrade to a 64GB one over the next week or so. Shoulda done that to start with.
    Just make sure it not a stolen iPhone cause if you try to buy it and it's a Cop selling it bye bye off to jail, or if it's stolen it will never work if it's reported
    Best scenario ask if it's stolen cause if it's a cop there not allowed to lie so no jail

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Upgraded from an iPhone 4 to 4s......my screen is yellow.....so ugly. I know this is a bit off topic, but how common is this problem? I have read tons of forum posts, but can't get a clear answer. Will Apple replace this one with a new one? Will the new one be yellow as well? I went with black, but I have heard the white ones don't have the yellow tint problem as much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....first time I have bought a Apple product and been disappointed.
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seeing as the 4S is the first iPhone to come in a 64GB configuration, I'd say the jump from 0% to ~25% of 64GB sales since the iPhone 4 is to be expected.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Just make sure it not a stolen iPhone cause if you try to buy it and it's a Cop selling it bye bye off to jail, or if it's stolen it will never work if it's reported
    Best scenario ask if it's stolen cause if it's a cop there not allowed to lie so no jail
    A couple things to consider: only Verizon and Sprint will ban handsets if they're reported lost/stolen. You CAN buy a phone and use it without asking if it is stolen if you don't have any reason to suspect it is(this is mostly based on how the transaction went down and whether or not you paid fair market price for it. If you buy a 4S for $100 then either the person is dumb, doesn't need the money, or it is stolen. Likely the 3rd answer.)

AT&T does not currently practice the banning of handsets if they're reported lost/stolen.

Lastly, a cop can lie about being a cop but they'll never lie and say it isn't stolen and then prosecute you for buying stolen merchandise if they just told you it isn't stolen. That's an easy case for the DA right there to say they won't prosecute since that is the exact situation of entrapment and is highly illegal for law enforcement to do.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Upgraded from an iPhone 4 to 4s......my screen is yellow.....so ugly. I know this is a bit off topic, but how common is this problem? I have read tons of forum posts, but can't get a clear answer. Will Apple replace this one with a new one? Will the new one be yellow as well? I went with black, but I have heard the white ones don't have the yellow tint problem as much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....first time I have bought a Apple product and been disappointed.
    When did you get the phone? Several people have reported that the yellowing fades over time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When they come up with a 128 or 160 gig iphone, then I'll be interested in a high capacity iphone, until then, I'll stick with my trusty ipod classic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, they will replace a new phone but they will not guarantee the new phone will not have the same problem.

Notes: They will only replace it ONCE due to the yellow tints error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    When did you get the phone? Several people have reported that the yellowing fades over time.
    I just got it a few days ago. I have heard from some that it fades over time, but I have also heard that it does not. The problem is.... I dont know how much time I have to wait and see if my screen turns white, since I am jailbroken at 5.0.1 now...if I wait a few weeks and during that time 5.1 is released, I am stuck with a yellow tinted screen. Anyone here have/had this problem, and did it go away over time?
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I love me 64gb 4s as upgraded from 32gb iPhone 4 and still have plenty of room now as always running out on my iPhone 4
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Rock View Post

I'm in the same boat as you....I should have waited and got the 64gb from the start. I'm listing mine tomorrow....I figure since I have the light mod, extra backs, and a few cases u should get at least 500 for it....hopefully.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

I still have a 16g iPhone 4 and there is enough room for me

Has anyone successfully perform a home button replacement?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    If the numbers are, indeed, accurate, that would represent a significant spike over previous generation iPhone buyers who opted for the 64-gigabyte model.
    I'm confused, since when was there a previous generation 64 gig model?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

As soon as I could get an iphone with 64gb of space I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    Has anyone successfully perform a home button replacement?
    Yes I have.

Watch this video: iPhone 4 Home Button and Flex Cable Repair Replacement Guide - YouTube

Make sure it just doesn't need recalibrated: How to Fix the iPhone Home Button (calibration) - YouTube
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 01-23-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got it a few days ago. I have heard from some that it fades over time, but I have also heard that it does not. The problem is.... I dont know how much time I have to wait and see if my screen turns white, since I am jailbroken at 5.0.1 now...if I wait a few weeks and during that time 5.1 is released, I am stuck with a yellow tinted screen. Anyone here have/had this problem, and did it go away over time?
    Believe it or not there's actually a purpose for the yellowwishness. We were comparing iPhone 4 with white screen, iPhone 4S with somewhat white screen and iPhone 4S with yellow screen. The yellowness is actually for the HDness quality of the picture and video that you take. It appears that the actuality of the color on the videos or picture is much accurate with yellow screen phone. We did the test because of the same annoyance you're having. The screen is yellow on everything else but the pictures and videos taken from it are not, at least from our test.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titoget View Post
    Believe it or not there's actually a purpose for the yellowwishness. We were comparing iPhone 4 with white screen, iPhone 4S with somewhat white screen and iPhone 4S with yellow screen. The yellowness is actually for the HDness quality of the picture and video that you take. It appears that the actuality of the color on the videos or picture is much accurate with yellow screen phone. We did the test because of the same annoyance you're having. The screen is yellow on everything else but the pictures and videos taken from it are not, at least from our test.
    Who are "we"? What tests did you perform? I have done the whole look at pictures thing, trying to convince myself this is a good thing. Yet i am not at all convinced. Yes, certain pictures looked ever so slightly better when compared on both screens, but that's the only positive. Other than that one tiny tiny positive.....my iPhone 4s screen just straight up looks cheap compared to my 4.

If this was the case, and the yellow is actually "better", all of the iPhone 4s's would be "yellowish". Every time I look at my iPhone 4, then look at my brand new iPhone 4s...it's hard to look at it. The whites are whiter, the blacks are blacker (on the iPhone 4).

I believe this is a manufacturing problem, and people are just getting used to this new ugly yellow color (hence the reports of the problem simply "going away").

Or, people will not admit that Apple, can and does make mistakes, and are rationalizing that Apple actually designed this, using the arguement that the yellow screen is not at all a defect, but a planned design, with it's sole benefit being that it makes a small number of pictures look better....

Im sorry, but I will not settle for a iPhone that has a massive defect. The most impressive feature of the iPhone is its AMAZING screen, well not anymore! Not for me at least.

I would love to hear about these tests that you ran, that supposedly show that having a yellow screen is actually a good thing. I would love it if u could prove this to me! Because my eyes are telling me that my yellow screen is ugly!

How many others out there have settled for a yellowish screen?
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 01-24-2012 at 01:29 AM.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I'm confused, since when was there a previous generation 64 gig model?
    someone said it in an earlier post but this is the first time the 64GB has been offered.....so yeah a "significant" increase is technically an accurate statement as long as there was at least a ~5% increase, and as stated, going from 0% to 25% would be a significant increase lol don't think OP was paying too much attention.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think iPhone 4 is much better than iPhone 4s.