+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SiriToggles - Further Siri Functionality With Voice Toggles

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Superb :-)
    Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome tweak, thanks for the heads up! Siri is defiantly worth having now IMO.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I'm of the understanding that this extension only opens apple apps, not third party apps.
    This is my method for diagnosis
    1.) Tell Siri "open angry birds" or "launch app angry birds" or "launch angry birds"...you get the picture (I chose this because it was one that many people have, and Siri recognized what I wanted to do). Obviously pick a 3rd party app you have installed, that's also easy to say (and preferably a word, not like Viber, which is nothing other than "five").
    2.) If the command is NOT correct (the spelling is wrong or something), then manually correct the command bubble via text input.
    3.) If Siri reply's with a command like "Sorry, I'm unable to do that", then the extension doesn't enable that function.

Thank you to Hamza Sood, for a great extension that works. Please Implement third party app opening if possible. This would be more of a general user type extension, where as VoiceUtils is more catered towards the Tinkerer :P
    Actually, I just tested with Scramble with Friends titled "Scramble" on Springboard, and it opened just fine. You have to be very specific with the app name, I'm guessing.

Thanks

Why doesn't it turn up in a cydia search? Of course I have the Big Boss repo.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Still attempting to get the sirisn0w proxy working on my spire port
    Make sure to turn on Location Services for Siri lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
    I love it so much I did a video review of it SiriToggles for iPhone 4S iPhone 4 in Cydia - YouTube

Thanks

Unfortunately, it can't open the GPS app that I use when I actually have a Bluetooth on and am driving (TomTom USA).

It thinks I'm saying "tom-tom USA".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Awsome. Cant wait for all the different functions that will start to come out now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome app. This is the way Siri shoulda been in the first place

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

this will open all apps including third party apps. -the secret is to say the name under the app on the home screen.
    for example if i want to open words with friends free i would say "launch words free" since that's what it's called on my home screen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    my i4 was stolen the day after the a5 jailbreak was released. I bought a 4s yesterday. I guess something good can come from getting robbed..
    Nice Pic Clikzip, but would prefer if you lose the towel...
    Bummer your 4 got stolen but that is cool that you were able to Jailbreak right away and pick up where you left off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Why doesn't it turn up in a cydia search? Of course I have the Big Boss repo.
    x2 on both points

EDIT: its there now so perhaps i just needed my db to be updated.
    Last edited by ronw; 01-23-2012 at 02:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, so I've been playing on this today and it's great.......but I had a thought.

I may be being paranoid, but am I right in thinking that by using Siri and sending commands which are clearly going to be from a Jailbroken phone that apple will able to deduce which iPhone's have been jailbroken?

If yes, what could they do? Shut off your Siri access (they could claim that you are risking the stability of the system)? Or void your warranty perhaps? We all know what Microsoft did with the Xbox 360.

As I said, I'm probably just being paranoid, but I do figure they will be pretty p1ssed about what this excellent tweak does.

Worried.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone run into the problem of asking Siri to launch something and then needing to hit the home button for her to actually open it? I have it on one device and works proper, on another one though (mine of course haha) she won't open any apps unless I hit the home button.... I tried deleting and reinstalling and also rebooting, Just wondering if anyone else found and maybe fixed this problem.

*EDIT* Found the problem, I had Siri's Voice Feedback on Hands Free Only. It needs to be on All the time.
    Last edited by BOOI3IE; 01-23-2012 at 03:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Found a hilarious conflict with Hands-Free Control:

Was trying to open an app when my phone was passcode locked, and Siri kept saying "Sorry, I'm not allowed to open apps when-" and then interrupted herself to prompt me for another command.

Reason? When Siri was saying "sorry", Hands-Free Control thought she was saying "Siri" (which is my keyword to activate Siri).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have to agree with notcom that once you get past the amusing reply about where to hide a dead body, Siri is mostly pointless. It's way less accurate and way slower than chpwn's VoiceActivator. (Plus VoiceActivator doesn't need a 3G connection, it works instantly and it's easily customised.)

Those of you wishing you had a 4S or a Siri port - I promise you the novelty of Siri will wear off in less than 60 seconds.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey i am using it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12