+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three Awesome Cydia Sales You Won't Want to Miss Out On

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Still trying to decide what to install on your newly jailbroken A5 device? If you have recently jailbroken your iPhone 4S, then you are probably wondering what you should install
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Three Awesome Cydia Sales You Won't Want to Miss Out On

Still trying to decide what to install on your newly jailbroken A5 device?

If you have recently jailbroken your iPhone 4S, then you are probably wondering what you should install on it. Chances are that either you got rid of your older iPhone to get it and you became rusty with jailbreaking since then, or you are completely new to the jailbreaking scene altogether. To help with that, we put together a list of useful free and paid jailbreak tweaks and applications that we know you'll just love. If you're continuing the search for that perfect application, however, then we will help you by pointing out some new sales going on in the Cydia store right now to celebrate the A5 jailbreak!

1. CallBar - 50% Off

The first sale that we know you'll love is with CallBar, a genius application that changes the way that you answer, decline, and manage phone calls on your iDevice. It is compatible with FaceTime, Phone, Skype, and Viber and works on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The recent update to version 1.0 brings with it a better-looking GUI (graphical user interface) and more settings to tinker with. CallBar puts a banner at the top of your screen that resembles the iOS 5 banners when you get an incoming phone call. Normally, when you get an incoming phone call, the phone application fills the whole screen asking you to accept or decline the call which is very obnoxious if you're playing a game or typing a message. CallBar is normally $3.99 in the BigBoss repo, but you can get it until this Wednesday (01/25/12) for just $1.99.

2. PwnTunes - 50% Off

This next sale is for you iTunes haters. If you have ever wanted to manage your iDevice content through drag and drop functionality instead of using iTunes to sync content back and forth, then you want PwnTunes. PwnTunes makes it so that you can use Finder or Windows Explorer to put content on your iDevice without ever opening iTunes. It makes it so that you can use more than one computer to manage your iDevice because normally when you connect to another computer, iTunes wants to erase your iDevice and sync it with the computer that you're using. With PwnTunes, you can combine media from two different computers without erasing anything. It makes owning an iDevice more convenient and it is updated to work with iOS 5 and runs on an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. It comes with a free trial so that you can try before you buy. PwnTunes is normally $12.99 in the BigBoss repo, but you can get it until this Thursday (01/26/12) for just $6.99.

3. iRealSMS 3.0 - 50% Off

The last sale is for anyone who wants a more intuitive text messaging application. iRealSMS is a feature-packed text messaging client that replaces your Messages application. It has a whole ton of features that you can't get with Apple's stock Messages application. It supports contact photos, status bar icons, quick reply, quick compose, email text forwarding, conversation sorting, text message reading, and much more. iRealSMS is one of the original text messaging expander applications ever made for the iPhone. iRealSMS has been so widely enjoyed that it even made it into a New York Times article on November 25, 2010. iRealSMS comes with an unlimited free trial so that you can try before you buy. iRealSMS is normally $12.99 in the BigBoss repo, but you can get it until this Thursday (01/26/12) for just $6.99.

What do you think folks? Are you going to take advantage of these sweet deals? Share in the comments.

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang! I bought callbar yesterday!!!!

Oh well, I got PwnTunes on sale.

I used to use irealsms, until I got messages+ with intelliscreenx for free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After I bought'em all last night. Story of my life! LOL

Thanks

Good deals
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

iReal SMS <3

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post

BiteSMS is great if you haven't tried it. I've never tried messages+ or irealsms though. Is messages + just like BiteSMS but uses the native messaging program and GUI? If so that might be the way to go because with the iOS 5 version of BiteSMS there are no themes for it yet and I'd like my popups to match my theme. Does messages+ have quick compose and quick reply from anywhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Does messages+ have quick compose and quick reply from anywhere?
    Yes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not very wise to have a very short deadline for cheaper PwnTunes, because thousands of users will wait a longer time before jailbreaking their devices. Only the unwary rush to jailbreak their devices in this early phase.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emeritus View Post
    Not very wise to have a very short deadline for cheaper PwnTunes, because thousands of users will wait a longer time before jailbreaking their devices. Only the unwary rush to jailbreak their devices in this early phase.
    Then I guess it's extremely wise. lol. Just inconvenient for those who wait. That means the people who wait will pay more to get the applications they want and the developer makes more money. Very wise indeed.

What's Jailbreak? connor.canty2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post

Callbar has been on sale. It's not a sale that started today. You purchased it at $1.99 correct? That's the sale price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

callbar & pwntunes--here i come..nice sale

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

cool sales! anyone else getting errors when trying to buy in Cydia? I'm doing Purchase -> Sign in Facebook -> PayPal = error Seems to only work with Purchase -> Sign in Amazon -> Pay via Amazon .. hmmm

Thanks

Pwntunes is only for windows?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrom View Post
    No; it isnt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

I had BiteSMS but wanted to trial iRealSMS. is here a way to get iRealSMS to show contact picture and incoming text on the lock screen? I tried a bunch of different settings but when I get a text on lock screen it shows the native iOS 5 notification slider and only shows the contac picture with quick reply AFTER I slide the message slider. I don't like that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Then I guess it's extremely wise. lol. Just inconvenient for those who wait. That means the people who wait will pay more to get the applications they want and the developer makes more money. Very wise indeed.
    Not really because I'll consider paying $6.99 for it but definitely not $12.99. I'll wait for the next fire sale.
    Last edited by Aerocare; 01-22-2012 at 09:43 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

$7 bucks for pwn tunes is steep. let alone $13. most I've ever paid is 10 for isx. then $8 for Celeste (which works on ios 5 but cocoanuts won't get rid of gremlin as a dependency, the only thing holding back from working on ups 5). cocoanuts makes me angry! not a very good dev. in the end, all he's doing is depriving himself of more sales

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrom View Post
    According to the PwnTunes site, you can use XNJB to use it on a mac.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I went into cydia and searched for callbar but it didn't come up in fact nothing I am searching for is coming up.
    There are no app's when I search.

Also went into my account and all (everyone and there are a lot) say Unknown up tps.
    Below that it says Note: Cannot Locate Package

Is there a problem and how to fix?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    I went into cydia and searched for callbar but it didn't come up in fact nothing I am searching for is coming up.
    There are no app's when I search.

Also went into my account and all (everyone and there are a lot) say Unknown up tps.
    Below that it says Note: Cannot Locate Package

Is there a problem and how to fix?
    Go into Cydia, changes tab, and hit refresh. It should start on its own when you open Cydia (it'll be a black bar at top of screen. It may take awhile with all the new traffic so turn off auto lock and just let it go. If your phone goes to sleep it'll stop the refresh. Your sources, BigBoss, etc... Probably didn't load. If that doesn't work the my next question is, have you downloaded ANYTHING from Cydia (I doubt it but have to ask)? If you did go back and delete whatever you installed because sometimes you can download things that end up making Cydia be completely empty. It's happened to me a few times. If you have downloaded things and they are not showing up in the packages section (under manage) then you'll have to use ifunbox, iPhone browser, etc... To go in and manually delete those packages. Or you can restore if that is your issue. If its because your sources are lit loading then it doesn't matter if you restore because you'll still have to let Cydia update everything anyways after you rejb. I tried running Cydia thing morning to see what new packages were added overnight and it's taking a very long time for Cydia to refresh so just be patient, turn off auto lock, and let it run.