Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] VoiceUtils - The Siri-Based Action Toggles for iOS

Quote Originally Posted by NickFrey View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the review! I've just submitted an update to VoiceUtils and later tonight it should be available, which adds the ability to launch any of your stock apps, app store apps, or webclips using Siri! Hope you enjoy.
    In the past, when I have told people that I had jailbroken every iDevice that I've ever owned and that I would highly recommend that they at least give it a try, I would always get the predictable question "why?"
    Well—this, my friends, is EXACTLY why I jailbreak. Thank you Nick Frey, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Go ahead and try it and report back with results. Interesting question, but it's a question that I don't have the answer to.
    I would but I got my phone the way I like it and its all working nicely atm. I dont want to mess things up with a Siri port.
    I have tried 4 ports and only 1 worked but it had to be manually edited to keep the phone working so I dont really want to put another port on till someone else with a siri port already installed tries it out and tells us how it goes.

I gotta remember the REPLY at the bottom of a post is for the NEXT post NOT the one your wanting to reply to. Stupid way its set up atm but most of this site is set up stupidly. It's got so many bugs its pre-alpha...
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 01-22-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Great little tweak, especially in conjunctions with Hands-Free. Now... if I only had a way to EXIT Siri back to the SB without having to tounch the Home button, that would be the BOMB.

Anybody have any ideas?

It works with Siri proxy as it is hardware. Should work without a proxy server, but I am not 100% sure.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
    you can respring by saying "Restart Springboard"
    doesn't work... "Sorry, I don't understand 'Restart springboard"

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    So far this is what i got:

"Power off" = Power off device
    "Reboot" = Reboot
    "Safe Mode" = Enter Safe Mode

"?" = Respring

Anyone figure out what to say for respring? It would be nice if this came with a command list instead of leaving us guessing...
    Say "restart springboard"
    iSean(:

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickFrey View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the review! I've just submitted an update to VoiceUtils and later tonight it should be available, which adds the ability to launch any of your stock apps, app store apps, or webclips using Siri! Hope you enjoy.
    How do I use it to open apps? Siri just says she can not do that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks great more to come

just got the update...the opening of apps is pretty great...add some settings toggles and this thing would be perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by realism View Post
    doesn't work... "Sorry, I don't understand 'Restart springboard"
    "Restart Springboard" worked for me!

Anyone figure out how to make the webclips work? Anytime I try to launch a webclip, it says "Sorry, I can't find that app". Yes, I have v1.1 installed, yes SIRI is recognizing the name of my webclip, it's just not launching it. I've webclipped a URL that opens a webpage connected to my X10 controller for turning on/off room lights. It would be great if SIRI could launch that webclip to turn the lights on/off to avoid using SIRIproxy. Just need to know why the webclips aren't launching

Thanks
    Thanked 8,114 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyCapone View Post
    awesome work. Is there any chance Siri can be made to dim or brighten the screen via voice commands?
    This is working for me through another extension. I won't mention it here, as I'm not to sure of the courtesies to be respected. Just search "siri" in cydia and you will see most of the tweaks. What I would like to know, is do these various tweaks interfere with each other. I'd like the third party app launch feature of VoiceUtils, but prefer the added features of the settings toggles of the other extension. It's still early days, so I'm patiantly anticipating what the dev's have to offer in the future.

For other related problems, may I recommend some diagnostics to follow, as It is known that Siri doesn't always recognize certain words (I'm from Australia, and I believe we had real problems with her at first) :P
    1.) Say you're command to Siri
    2.) If there is a typo, or the app is miss-spelled, then touch the command error, and manually enter it in the text field.
    3.) If she Siri responds "I can't do that for. Me. I'm sorry I can't help" (or some gibberish like that), then she knows what you want, she just won't do it. Some extensions only enable the opening of default apple apps.

I hope this helps, and thanks again to Nick Fray for a great extension
    Sk37cH

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Its All Free^

Bluetooth Controls and Much More

It's SiriUtils - I think Bigboss has it now but it's also at:
    repo.technetec.com

You can also change Siri to red/green/blue/yellow/ or rainbow colors when you talk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12