+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Disable the Lock Screen Notifications Background With NoLockNotificationsBG

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Does that transparent shade of black just annoy you? Now you can do away with it. If you're the kind of person that lets notificatins stack up on your lock
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default [Review] Disable the Lock Screen Notifications Background With NoLockNotificationsBG

Does that transparent shade of black just annoy you? Now you can do away with it.

If you're the kind of person that lets notificatins stack up on your lock screen and you have a really nice wallpaper, then you might get annoyed by the black shade that backgrounds every notification on your lock screen with iOS 5. This tweak isn't for the average iOS user, it's more for the O.C.D. kind of iOS user that wants to see their wallpaper regardless of the notifications that they have. This tweak has been dubbed NoLockNotificationsBG by iOS developer Ron Melkhior and it's available as of today in Cydia.

NoLockNotificationsBG doesn't look good with most wallpapers. It leaves the white text that iOS displays but it takes that black shade out from behind it. That black shade was there for a reason: to add depth to the text. If you're using a lighter wallpaper like mine, the white doesn't contrast very well from the background and it's hard on the eyes. If you're using a darker wallpaper, then you might like it more. The text does have a slight background shadow under it, however it's barely distinguishable especially on certain wallpapers.

When you get a notification that is centered in the screen such as a text message, that background will remain dark. The only notifications that become transparent like the image above are the ones that stack up one after another under the clock on the lock screen. That's one thing to keep in mind if you're interested in installing this tweak for the transparent look.

There aren't any settings for this tweak. It's an install-and-use tweak because once you install it, it's active and the only way to deactivate it is to uninstall it. It requires iOS 5 and will work on the A5 devices as well as the older ones. It's free, so if you don't like it, no skin off of your bones! I would never have a use for a tweak like this, personally, but one man's trash is another man's treasure as they say.

Name: NoLockNotificationsBG
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Melkhior
    Editor's Rating:  2/5

What are your thoughts about NoLockNotificationsBG? share in the comments.

Sources: Ron Melkhior

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I'll pass..

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

You jocked my wallpaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I think I'll pass..
    Yes
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Irrelevant.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think that people need to start developing tweaks that are worth installing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micaiah12 View Post
    I think that people need to start developing tweaks that are worth installing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is a gr8 idea cus I use lock info, one bcus I've had it so long I'm used to it I use a transparent theme,and n e tweak someone works hard on to better our devise is a lot better than n e one that sits there looking for tweaks they like and can't make them on there own, so thank u very much bcus I def can't do it. Cheers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Some of you guys just make me mad. Instead of being thankful that there are guys out there who try to give you as many ways to customize your iphone as possible you disregard his work. It's just sad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to insult the developer. I'm gonna give it a try.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Worth installing I like this because on my lock screen I already don't have the top and bottom bar and it looks weird sometimes with a random grey bar where the notification is sitting and nothing above it like it's in the middle of no where. I was JUST thinking about this the other day, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for reading my mind!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where can i find the wallpaper used in the image above?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    Where can i find the wallpaper used in the image above?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    my **** ain't working after install

My iPhone is a Part of Me stocis's Avatar
    Thanks

no disrespect to the developer, but this thing is doing half of what it's supposed to do.

the background is not removed, at least not completely and as soon as you 'slide' a notification the wild background appears.

pretty pointless.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment