+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Flowtation Brings A Cool New Notification Center Animation to iOS!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 770 Posts

Default [Giveaway] Flowtation Brings A Cool New Notification Center Animation to iOS!

Looking for more cool tweaks for your newly jailbroken iPhone 4S? Try Flowtation!

Notification Center, the widget and notification manager that ships with iOS 5 is pretty amazing. We have seen numerous attempts to make it more useful through adding widgets and making it available on our lock screen with IntelliScreenX, but one thing that we haven't seen yet is the ability to change the animations that appear when you invoke it. That is where a new jailbreak tweak dubbed Flowtation by iOS developer Ori Kadosh comes in. It makes it so that instead of seeming like you're pulling the whole Notification Center GUI (graphical user interface) down over your home screen, it actually pushes your home screen down and replaces the screen with it. Okay, maybe describing animations isn't my major in college, but here's a video that describes the animation better than I ever could:

Flowtation is an amazing tweak because it is the first of its kind. It pioneers Notification Center invoking animations; something that we have not seen yet. The idea comes from a concept designed by Max Rudberg. The tweak is a little different than the actual concept because to make it appear like the concept there would have to be some major changes to Notification Center itself. The concept made it so that you could still see part of the home screen when you pulled Notification Center down.

Flowtation comes with some extensive settings such as enabling and disabling the tweak at your leisure; I always like to see that switch in jailbreak tweaks because it's more convenient than installing and uninstalling a tweak when I want to disable it it temporarily. You also have the option to change how your home screen reacts to the change. You can leave it at its default where the home screen is always solid even when you're pushing it down, you can make it so that the home screen fades out as you're pulling down (as the video shows), or you can make it so that the home screen is faded as soon as you start pulling notification center down. There's an adjustable slider so that you can manage that setting to your heart's content.

Yes, flowtation works on the iPhone 4S too. It will also work on any other jailbroken iOS 5 iPhone or iPod touch (unfortunately no iPad support), but only iOS 5 because it's the only version of iOS that has Notification Center. The best part about using it is that it doesn't cause lag in Notification Center. It works completely with IntelliScreenX and many other Notification Center tweaks and widgets. At this point in time, there are no known compatibility issues. Check it out!

Name: Flowtation
    Price: 99
    Repo: Modmyi
    Version: 1.0
    Developer: Ori Kadosh
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Ori Kadosh was generous enough to offer ten copies to the lucky readers of Modmyi. If you want to win a copy, then leave a comment below telling us why you need Flowtation and why it's better than the current Notification Center animations. Also, tell us what you think should be added. Include your Cydia number in the comment because that's the only way we can give you a free copy if you're chosen. Winners will be chosen in a couple of days.

Sources: Ori Kadosh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would like to win Flowtation because i would like to tweak my notification center animated and as he states that it doesn't cause any lag would be wonderful and a must have tweak for IOS 5. i also think a good addon for Flowtation that u can add it it is add more fadings and u can probably add a way we can slide it and does a circle or something like that etc...

thank you and my cydia number is #838050

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This animations look awesome and i would love to win it.
    Nice job bringing this concept into life.

I would love to win it because the animation of this tweak is awesome.
    Nice job bringing this concept into life.
    Thanks!

Cydia #3023125

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to win this

Ps.Your link is busted on iPhones
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQv5AcNG00

Cydia #3304888
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 01-21-2012 at 02:55 PM.

*T*
    Thanks

I need flowtation because I need to try it out with the tweaks that remove the background of notification center. Flowtation is better because it lets you scroll up and down and sideways! Combined with infiniboard, this tweak will be the envy of even Apple itself! Please win me!

Cydia # 1309240

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This tweak is awesome! I want it! If there was anything I would add it would be something with facebook.

Cydia Account #135338

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This looks pretty interesting.
    On a side note how does SBS work on an iPhone 4S? Is it buggy or kill signal at all?

Cydia number 3288475

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    #1417700 because I'm rocking cydia on a 4s using windows this was my first attempt at using CL and I got it working. I think a free license is in order!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would like to win cause this looks like a useful tweak that i could need in the future

My Cydia number Is #3305561

Thanks

i'm not really bothered about winning it. i would rather just buy it.
    but i dont see it cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Ori is a great developer that is also very nice because he is doing a giveaway for an awesome tweak that he made. I should win because i want to learn from his work. This tweak really gives the Notification Center a real feel of what iOS really should be. One thing i recommend is to add an option instead of fading the current screen, but making it brighter so you could choose between both of these options. my cydia account number is 2820476

thanks ori

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    i'm not really bothered about winning it. i would rather just buy it.
    but i dont see it cydia.
    refresh cydia and wait until the data reloads
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good luck for all of you! I'm glad to know you like Flowtation :-)

(If you don't see it in Cydia go into the Changes tab and tap the refresh button at the top left corner and let it load. This tweak was released a few hours ago so chances are Cydia wasn't refreshed since then)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    Ori is a great developer that is also very nice because he is doing a giveaway for an awesome tweak that he made. I should win because i want to learn from his work. This tweak really gives the Notification Center a real feel of what iOS really should be. One thing i recommend is to add an option instead of fading the current screen, but making it brighter so you could choose between both of these options. my cydia account number is 2820476

thanks ori

refresh cydia and wait until the data reloads

refeashing must of just been taking ages,

jsut bought it downloading now i'd say just buy it its only $0.99 for me that like 60p
    cydia.myrepospace.com/AngryPIG/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quite a nice animation. If you could drag it up and down like zephyr, it would be quite cool.
    Cydia number #7154

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

qq
    Last edited by iHackz; 01-22-2012 at 11:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't really NEED it, but rather I would like to improve upon something that Apple didn't think through properly.
    Cydia #150637
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 01-21-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added Cydia Number

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks like an amazing tweak but I am more concerned with what SBSettings they are using and HOW they can hide the SBSettings in the Notification Center, but have it show when they pull down for a second time? Please help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anthony Bouchard, your YouTube links do not work. It says safari can't open the page URL link wasn't found.
    This is not the only issue sometimes a link posted by you is in a raw code/ in the wrong format.

You've been told this numerous time and they've fallen on deaf hears.

Please sort it out !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I bought it to try it out for myself. (it's a buck, why not) and I gotta be honest I don't really understand why a lot of you need or want this tweak. If I could transfer it to one of you, it's all yours lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Notification Center tweaks are what every iDevive owner should have in their arsenal of tweaks and I would really like to add this to mine! Cydia# 1608333