+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung Continues Anti-Apple Campaign by Flaunting Turn-by-Turn Navigation App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I type this from my iPad but as for phones I have to go with my galaxy s 2. When the galaxy note gets to AT&T I'm there. iPhone too
...
  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I type this from my iPad but as for phones I have to go with my galaxy s 2. When the galaxy note gets to AT&T I'm there. iPhone too damn small can't do business on it. Is it so hard to make a iPhone pro with a 4.5 screen so a man can get some business done

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts

    I wonder how Google feels about Samsung Advertising a Google Android feature as a Samsung-specific feature??

    If I were Google, I'd be a little pissed at that piece of mis-information.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Now tell me the iphone is better than Android WHY?
    The OS feels finished. You get the feeling they actually tried to pull something off and they did. While Android seems to have been designed in a couple of days. No, I'm not an Apple fanboy but I do appreciate brands that actually really care about the products they release. And OS-wise Apple wins. This is my opinion. I have played with Android. Regarding the jailbreak...realize most people don't even customize their phones. Steve Jobs said he wanted to release something that would simply work outside the box. That we human beings are already too busy to care for customizations and making the phone work in a way we want. He tried to fix that problem while Apple was designing the iPhone. And hey there is a reason it's the iPhone competing with all the Android phones, they pulled it off. They managed to create something that needs no customization, looks user-friendly and beautiful as it comes. As someone said it just works.

  4. #24
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by djfrantik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I don't want to start an argument, but there are actually tons of printing apps in the app store that will let you use almost any wifi printer. Just letting you know.

    Please read my comment again as it clearly states without additional apps
    Oh, ok my bad I read it as you were saying only a few printers work and there are no 3rd party apps.

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  5. #25
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    The award for the biggest Apple fanboy goes to...

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Hey Samsung, is your phone on the latest Android? Oh NOPE.
    Do you have cool apps or iTunes? NOPE
    Siri? NOPE
    AirPrint? NOPE
    iCloud? Nope
    I could go on....but we all know its a plastic knock off.

  6. #26
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    The award for the biggest Apple fanboy goes to...
    Hahahahhahahaha that made my day.

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    The OS feels finished. You get the feeling they actually tried to pull something off and they did. While Android seems to have been designed in a couple of days. No, I'm not an Apple fanboy but I do appreciate brands that actually really care about the products they release. And OS-wise Apple wins. This is my opinion. I have played with Android. Regarding the jailbreak...realize most people don't even customize their phones. Steve Jobs said he wanted to release something that would simply work outside the box. That we human beings are already too busy to care for customizations and making the phone work in a way we want. He tried to fix that problem while Apple was designing the iPhone. And hey there is a reason it's the iPhone competing with all the Android phones, they pulled it off. They managed to create something that needs no customization, looks user-friendly and beautiful as it comes. As someone said it just works.
    Its funny, almost every single person with a jailbroken iphone has done it solely to customize it. And the people that havent jailbroken want to customize their phones. What people dont realize is that when they pick up a phone, they aren't playing with the real Android OS, they are playing with an Android OS that has been skinned and themed by companies. Almost everything you can do with a jailbroken iphone, you can do wit ha stock Android. i have both an iphone and a couple Android phones i bought just to test this theory out and turns out im right. Everything from the customization of the phone to tweaks on the lock screen, to video wallpapers, to even and entire new launcher(springboard) can all be done stock out of the box on Android. Things you can only dream of on an iphone if they can somehow find an exploit to achieve jailbreaking. the only reason you'd want to root an Android is to gain admin access to certain things such as the system bootup video that plays so you can change it to whatever you want effortlessly. and it takes 2 seconds to root an Android compared to 5mins and up for an iphone.

    best part is, i wrote this entire thing off my Android S1's stock speech to text(which if you didn't know, is the first Android phone from way back in the day)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jsms0905 For This Useful Post:

    guitarded (01-21-2012)

  9. #28
    Green Apple guitarded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jsms0905 View Post
    Its funny, almost every single person with a jailbroken iphone has done it solely to customize it. And the people that havent jailbroken want to customize their phones. What people dont realize is that when they pick up a phone, they aren't playing with the real Android OS, they are playing with an Android OS that has been skinned and themed by companies. Almost everything you can do with a jailbroken iphone, you can do wit ha stock Android. i have both an iphone and a couple Android phones i bought just to test this theory out and turns out im right. Everything from the customization of the phone to tweaks on the lock screen, to video wallpapers, to even and entire new launcher(springboard) can all be done stock out of the box on Android. Things you can only dream of on an iphone if they can somehow find an exploit to achieve jailbreaking. the only reason you'd want to root an Android is to gain admin access to certain things such as the system bootup video that plays so you can change it to whatever you want effortlessly. and it takes 2 seconds to root an Android compared to 5mins and up for an iphone.

    best part is, i wrote this entire thing off my Android S1's stock speech to text(which if you didn't know, is the first Android phone from way back in the day)
    This. I'm a recent galaxy nexus convert from jb i4 5.0. Unlocked, rooted, and started romming immediately, just let me say this - this phone is absolutely unreal.
    Last edited by guitarded; 01-21-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: typo

  10. #29
    iPhoneaholic novadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 72 Times in 50 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jsms0905 View Post
    Its funny, almost every single person with a jailbroken iphone has done it solely to customize it. And the people that havent jailbroken want to customize their phones. What people dont realize is that when they pick up a phone, they aren't playing with the real Android OS, they are playing with an Android OS that has been skinned and themed by companies. Almost everything you can do with a jailbroken iphone, you can do wit ha stock Android. i have both an iphone and a couple Android phones i bought just to test this theory out and turns out im right. Everything from the customization of the phone to tweaks on the lock screen, to video wallpapers, to even and entire new launcher(springboard) can all be done stock out of the box on Android. Things you can only dream of on an iphone if they can somehow find an exploit to achieve jailbreaking. the only reason you'd want to root an Android is to gain admin access to certain things such as the system bootup video that plays so you can change it to whatever you want effortlessly. and it takes 2 seconds to root an Android compared to 5mins and up for an iphone.

    best part is, i wrote this entire thing off my Android S1's stock speech to text(which if you didn't know, is the first Android phone from way back in the day)
    so your android s1 capitalizes at the beginning of some sentences, misspells words, puts apostrophes in some words but not others, and omits to put spaces between some words? sounds/looks a like a POS, no offense.

  11. #30
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts

    There's no doubt Android is catching up. Although I'm truly grateful for all our iPhone devs that work so hard to make jailbreaks possible (and MMI for the news & support of course! ), you have to wonder where Apple will be in a year's time if they continue to insist on what software we can and cannot have on our phones. It's an insult to our intelligence that all this non-Apple-approved software can be installed on a stock Android without even needing to root. I'm not sure that a larger 1280x720 pixel screen (that only matches what Android has NOW) will be enough to convince me to buy an iPhone 5 in 10 months time...

  12. #31
    Green Apple guitarded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    so your android s1 capitalizes at the beginning of some sentences, misspells words, puts apostrophes in some words but not others, and omits to put spaces between some words? sounds/looks a like a POS, no offense.
    If you can't deny the content, look for grammatical errors, lmao!

  13. #32
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    1 example why Android is so much better and easier than iPhone.
    How do you jailbreak an android? Tick the box.
    How do you jailbreak an iPHone? Wait for someone to find an exploit then make a patch then put it together then release it then tether it to the PC then eventually wait for an untether then wait some more then eventually after months of waiting you finally get to jailbreak. By then you forgot why you wanted to jailbreak in the first place as it took so long.
    Android jailbreak = 1 second
    iPhone jailbreak = 4 months.
    Now tell me the iphone is better than Android WHY?
    How are you enjoying ICS on your GS2? OH WAIT, you are STILL WAITING and by that time Jelly Bean will be out.Heck, even the Galaxy S has been abandoned after 1 year, at least Apple keep their iPhone's upto date for 2 years.
    Samsung as a company is laughable, Samsung is for people who can't afford the high end stuff.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  14. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    I don't get why most of you can't just appreciate good technology and products regardless of the logo.

    Grow up, get a life and stop being so stupidly and blindly loyal to one company.

    The quality of the reader community and staff articles on the site are on a terrible downward spiral that seems to be accelerating. The news about Jailbreaking a tweaks are still interesting but everything else tends to just be trashy, childish flaming of Apple competitors to serve as click-bait.

    By the way, You fanboys owe a lot more to Samsung than you care to admit.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 01-21-2012 at 12:20 PM.

  15. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    i love how you always hear how apple is so good at updating.. yeah they update the old phones to the new versions and exclude 50% of the improvements without reason. i4 cant run siri.. sure ipad1 cant have siri sure.. ipad one cant have multi touch.. sure.. whats the point in having the latest os when the only main inprovement is the number in the system info section..

    i am glad i am off the apple teet.. love my out of date infuse..

  16. #35
    Green Apple guitarded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    How are you enjoying ICS on your GS2? OH WAIT, you are STILL WAITING and by that time Jelly Bean will be out.Heck, even the Galaxy S has been abandoned after 1 year, at least Apple keep their iPhone's upto date for 2 years.
    Samsung as a company is laughable, Samsung is for people who can't afford the high end stuff.
    Samsung makes components for idevices tardo. Sammy makes awesome stuff and the gnex should prolly be the Sammy device to be making the commercials with. Hell, the gsii had been out for ages... and still making ifanboys nervous.

  17. #36
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I understand that someone's phone of choice is that persons own opinion, but the way Samsung attacks it's rivals customers is pathetic. My entire entertainment center is Samsung products, and since they started making these ads, I've regretted ever purchasing anything that has their name on it.

    And big deal they have native turn by turn navigation app. You can buy a decent one in the AppStore for $3. That singlular feature isn't enough to tout about, let alone make a commercial out of. Out of all the people buying phones, that'll probably convince 3 people to buy a Samsung.

    But at least it's not a commercial about pure specs.

  18. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justibackwardsn View Post
    I understand that someone's phone of choice is that persons own opinion, but the way Samsung attacks it's rivals customers is pathetic.
    Pathetic like Apples Ads?

  19. #38
    Green Apple thumper_net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I own both the iphone 4s and galaxy s2 and sorry for apple fans , but the s2 is better than the iphone , its hard to use the tiny screen of an iphone after using the sammy , but we all know steve was against a larger screen , so if the iphone 5 or whatever its called has a larger screen then its the first iphone and apple product thats against steve job's wishes and will be the first move for apple away from the jobs era

  20. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    apples update are more to stop jailbreak exploits than anything else. Take away those and maybe 2 updates a year? iphone are like living in a house with 1 door and only apple gets to say who can come in. android lets the owner decide. kind of makes you feel like you actually own the device. i use to be a ibot, but have since seen the android light. i still like apple products, i still get paid to jailbreak. so keep on selling them iphone and ipads.

  21. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Samsung ads are lame. How people wait in line overnight or for days for a Samsung phone.. Oh right that would be zero.

    Apple doesn't include turn by turn directions cause a) there's a several apps for that b) most people who have iPhones can afford to have a Nav System in their car
    Last edited by redstar299; 01-21-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts