+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So... You've Jailbroken Your iPhone 4S. What Should You Do Now? (Free Edition)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by raptorjr Does anyone know if BossPaper works for iOS5? Have not received my 4S yet so i cant test myself. yes works fine
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    Does anyone know if BossPaper works for iOS5? Have not received my 4S yet so i cant test myself.
    yes
    works fine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tbare83 View Post
    KillBackground -- kill all background apps at once. One of the main apps I missed when I got my 4S and lost Cydia...
    I used to use RemoveBG but that didn't work for me. So now I use Weekillbackground and that has worked great. To bad I can't have it ignore certain apps like removeBG.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on a Verizon 4s on 5.0.1 and I was playing with SBSettings after jailbreaking and now I lost service! Please help. The phone worked fine all day but tonight when I got home I was messing with SBSettings and it resprung and lost service. Please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I don't really like winterboard on retina devices because it makes the fonts less attractive...just my 2 cents
    thats why you change the font with springtomize.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

To those raving about SBSettings -

Move on! It's useless now! With your must have tweaks -IntelliscreenX an Springtomize2. SBSettings does nothing extra. It's big, clumsy and cluttered. IntelliscreenX toggles are much easier to sort and to hide and show. Springtomize let's you hide the apps much better and see your mobile substrate files.

If you have SBSettings - MOVE ON!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Veency is my must have app. SBSettings works great for me. Thanks for the refresher. Been doing the jailbreak since 2.2.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Mail Enhancer is a must have. I finally can have 2 separate signatures for work and personal like a normal phone lol

Thanks

I think Weather Icon is an important tweak that was left out. It allows you to display the temperature in the status bar as well as on the app icon for the actual Weather app.

Thanks

guys someone help me please. I restored my iphone 4 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 everything went fine at the end when my phone restarted it now it says that sim not valid what should i do/ please help me. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone know where to get a backround enabler jailbreak app that will work for iPhone 4s?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im sure im the only one that will agree but i still like the look and feel of UI settings better then SB setting

iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Still waiting for windows. Good refresher. Need a good list of repos to add. Used to like scroll 2 to add simple scroll bar right side. And forget App to scale icon size and rows. Video Ringtones. Think 4s can handle it. Here in UK need SIRI places. Waiting Apple.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cvillelli View Post
    I'm on a Verizon 4s on 5.0.1 and I was playing with SBSettings after jailbreaking and now I lost service! Please help. The phone worked fine all day but tonight when I got home I was messing with SBSettings and it resprung and lost service. Please help.
    Check SBSettings toggles and make sure 3G and Data are on.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Absinthe is out for Windows! V0.2!

Thanks
    quality post - definitely some apps there that needs to be added to my iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Nah
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

Move on! It's useless now! With your must have tweaks -IntelliscreenX an Springtomize2. SBSettings does nothing extra. It's big, clumsy and cluttered. IntelliscreenX toggles are much easier to sort and to hide and show. Springtomize let's you hide the apps much better and see your mobile substrate files.

I'm in the trial of isx and I think I'll stick with sbsettings. I agree their functionality is similar but i like the sbsettings interface better... More customizability in toggles plus, can you really not power cycle in isx? Just respring? Isx adds a lot if functionality I just don't use - I don't need rss feeds on my lockscreen. I may keep it just for the ability to show calendar entries though. It's beyond me why nc doesn't show upcoming calendar entries in a customizable way. And lock calendar doesn't work with ios5.

How does springtomize hide apps "better"? They're either hidden or not!

Plus, you left out that sbsettings is free! Both the ones you listed are commercial (and isx is quite expensive).

So, on the contrary, moving on for the sake of moving on is pointless (and expensive in this case).

Its so sweet to have sbsettings back...
    Last edited by virtualcappy; 01-22-2012 at 10:21 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anybody had any issues with Iphone 4s freezing after ending a call screen freezes can't do nothing unless you power down and turn phone back on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am using some of them. Like to try all of them.

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Anthony-

What is the twitter notification center widget that you have in the screenshot in the SB Settings write up? I've been looking all over for one, and I really like the look of it.

Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

I'm in the trial of isx and I think I'll stick with sbsettings. I agree their functionality is similar but i like the sbsettings interface better... More customizability in toggles plus, can you really not power cycle in isx? Just respring? Isx adds a lot if functionality I just don't use - I don't need rss feeds on my lockscreen. I may keep it just for the ability to show calendar entries though. It's beyond me why nc doesn't show upcoming calendar entries in a customizable way. And lock calendar doesn't work with ios5.

How does springtomize hide apps "better"? They're either hidden or not!

Plus, you left out that sbsettings is free! Both the ones you listed are commercial (and isx is quite expensive).

So, on the contrary, moving on for the sake of moving on is pointless (and expensive in this case).

Its so sweet to have sbsettings back...
    Well said, virtualcappy. After reading various posts/reviews about intelliscreenx and quickly fooling around with it, I've found that it is very bloated and can kill the battery quite quickly. That alone supersedes its featureset, IMO. That being said, I'm sure there are people who need those features on iOS (like KraXik) but there are also a lot of ppl don't, so a blanket statement like "If you have SBSettings - MOVE ON" is just plain stupid.

SBSettings it much lighter, has some functionality that intelliscreenx doesn't, it's good for ppl who don't need all the other features that Intelliscreenx offers and simply needs toggles, it's more customizeable (in terms of it's toggles) and it's free. All those points make KraXik's statement ignorant.

The one thing I've found is that the RemoveBG toggle does not work in sbsettings -- it crashes ios5... but I'm sure they'll release a fix for that soon enough. For now I'm using WeeKillBackground, but for the sake of argument, intelliscreenx doesn't have a background process killer either.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12