+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Set A Boot Logo With the Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This quick guide will tell you how to set a custom boot logo on iOS 5.0.1. One thing that many people liked about the Chronic Dev Team's untethered greenpois0n jailbreak
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default [How To] Set A Boot Logo With the Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak

This quick guide will tell you how to set a custom boot logo on iOS 5.0.1.

One thing that many people liked about the Chronic Dev Team's untethered greenpois0n jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 was the ability to set custom boot logos. Unfortunately, as time has passed, jailbreak tools have stopped supporting native boot logos for the iDevice lineup. Setting a custom boot logo, however, has still never been easier. You need to install three things to make your custom boot logo appear after you jailbreak and all of it can be found in Cydia. Actually, two things; but, you also need to install a boot logo for it to work!

To begin, you need a tool called, "animate" which was made available about the time that the iOS 4.2.1 untethered greenpois0n jailbreak was released. The only prerequisite to it is that it only works on iOS 4.2.1 (as you will see when you find it; it tells you). But, we are going to bypass that prerequisite so that we can have our boot logo on iOS 5.0.1. So, to get 'animate' you're going to open up Cydia and search for it. You want to install the tool that was made by the Chronic Dev Team:

After you install it (no respring or reboot required), you are going to install the tool that will let the boot logo work on an iOS version that is not iOS 4.2.1. The tool you will need is called, "animate fix for iOS 4.x.x" and it was released by iH8sn0w, the famous developer behind iFaith, sn0wbreeze and other jailbreak tools alike. So, to get 'animate fix for iOS 4.x.x' you're going to open up Cydia and search for it. Even though it says it's for iOS 4.x.x, it works for iOS 5.0.1 as well. When you find it, just install it (once again, respring or reboot required):

Now that you have those two tools installed, you can download and install the third thing that you need - a boot logo. You can search through Cydia's archives for a boot logo that you like or you can use one of your own. You can test out what you have already because after you install 'animate' the greenpois0n boot logo is made your boot logo by default. You can change this by going into your Settings application, then opening the Bootlogo section, and then picking between Chronic Dev Team's boot logo or the stock Apple logo. After you install a third party boot logo, it will appear in that list as well for you to choose from.

That's all there is to getting a boot logo on iOS 5.0.1. If you haven't heard already, the A5 jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 has arrived. You can follow our guide on how to jailbreak your A5 device with the new Absinthe A5 jailbreak from this link. Maybe one of the first things you will do with your newly jailbroken A5 device is change the boot logo! This will work on other iDevices jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 as well - not just the A5 ones. Happy jailbreaking.

Please note that the tweak made for patching 'animate' was built for iOS 4. If you're having trouble, wait for the iOS 5 patch. The current version has worked fine for me and some others. Some boot logos will work better than others. Try this at your own risk.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-21-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: warning

Thanks

Awesome!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Awesome!!
    BUMP THAT!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i cant tell you how sad it was when i didnt think i could do bootlogos on 5.0.1 but unfortunately this didnt help me i have animate and animate fix. Any ideas? i know a lot of people who emailed me about a fix for my bootlogos, would like to spread the word that there is a fix.

Green Apple
    Thanks

to be honest i very rarely ever see my boot logo. LOL but i may dive into this anyways.

Thanks

What boot logo is that shown??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, it appears to work, but however I lost my photos...grrr.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Did this right after the 5.0.1 untethered was released. The thing is the boot logo is EXTREMELY laggy and after your phone boots up you'll have some weird graphical lines running through your screen for a bit. It sucks because I love being able to change the boot logo. If you don't have this same issue please
    Let me know because id like to know if it's something to do with my device.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vedderx View Post
    well, it appears to work, but however I lost my photos...grrr.
    I have both installed, i uninstalled, shut down, reinstalled both, and no luck i thought there was hope and my ipod also went crazy with the glitchy lines. Maybe it makes the difference if its a redsn0w corona JB or a cydia install untether?
    Last edited by samuel17; 01-20-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: addition
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,468 Posts

nope thats the downside the tool hasnt been updated so now everyones going to be having those issues smh why post something so unstable...

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Did this right after the 5.0.1 untethered was released. The thing is the boot logo is EXTREMELY laggy and after your phone boots up you'll have some weird graphical lines running through your screen for a bit. It sucks because I love being able to change the boot logo. If you don't have this same issue please
    Let me know because id like to know if it's something to do with my device.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 850 Posts

I agree PoEtikly, the boot logo bootup sequence is choppy and not very refined. It would be way nicer if it was a simple mp4 video and 60-120 frames or so.

Thanks

holy crap.. I tried this on my 5.0.1 Iphone 4. I wanted to get the ios5 setup animated boot logo..
    So after rebooting the phone,, my the phone's screen went into this crazy frenzy,, all kinds of glitches,, horizontold lines scrolling up and down.. half of the screen went black, just all kinds of weird crap was going on...somehow i managed to go into cydia during this psychedelic trip uninstall animate and related stuff.
    Back to normal now.. Just a heads up if someone else sees this

jb4
    Thanks

tried it....didn't work for me either but like vthree said I very rarely see my logo

Thanks

Thanks for the posts I'll stay away for now..

Thanks

I never turn off my device so I wont be needing this, but cool none the less

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Epic Fail. And you had my hopes up too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure how to get a custom bootlogo. Can someone tell me how to make that an option in settings?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars View Post
    Not sure how to get a custom bootlogo. Can someone tell me how to make that an option in settings?
    i think downloading "animate" should do it.

Thanks

The A5 jailbreak has been out for 4 hours and you go and post this glitchy tweak as news. Ffs way to go and screw up people's newly jailbroken phones. Good job guys!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    The A5 jailbreak has been out for 4 hours and you go and post this glitchy tweak as news. Ffs way to go and screw up people's newly jailbroken phones. Good job guys!
    Wow, this tweak isn't new, for one it's been out there for some time and how can you hate them for the post? People liked bootlogos, I wanted it to happen, and it is for A4 devices too. Give em a break!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast