Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Set A Boot Logo With the Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak

Yeah this method is too buggy for me. I prefer iStartupVideo. iOS 5 compatible!!!

I have been doing this for quite a while now, but a warning: downloading to many bootlogos will cause an endless respring, that remains even after they have been deleted. (via ssh.) The only way to fix this is a restore
    (null)

this is very buggy and glitches your screen also the animations are really slow plz wait for an update to this guys dont install it

what is the boot logo called (iOS starting up...)??

And for the issue of the crazy horizantal line screen glitches, this is causes by your boot sequence being faster then the animation. So even after the device is booted, the logo tries to finish its sequence. It will go away if you lock your device and wait a couple mins.
    (null)

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    I have been doing this for quite a while now, but a warning: downloading to many bootlogos will cause an endless respring, that remains even after they have been deleted. (via ssh.) The only way to fix this is a restore
    really? I have quite a few bootlogos on mine, like 15 or so, never had any issues.
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

Quote Originally Posted by samuel17 View Post
    really? I have quite a few bootlogos on mine, like 15 or so, never had any issues.
    Ok thats good. I got so excited when i saw that this worked that i downloaded MANY of them at once and maybe that caused it
    (null)

Wow, this tweak isn't new, for one it's been out there for some time and how can you hate them for the post? People liked bootlogos, I wanted it to happen, and it is for A4 devices too. Give em a break!
    I never said the tweek was new! I said why post a tweek as news that is glitchy as ****. Keep up ffs

I have both installed, i uninstalled, shut down, reinstalled both, and no luck i thought there was hope and my ipod also went crazy with the glitchy lines. Maybe it makes the difference if its a redsn0w corona JB or a cydia install untether?
    I had the same exact issue. I ended up removing it.

iPhone 4
    iOS 5.0.1
    RedSn0w

Same issues with mine. For now the boot logos can't keep up. I recommend waiting on an update as its jus too glitchy atm. I love my boot logos, but this is ridiculous.

Darn, I was interested in trying this out but looks like its best to hold off for now.

Thanks

Nice, will give this a shot
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

so after i downloaded the jailbreak for the A5 i downloaded sbsettings and noticed the notifications did not work at all. i deleted and now there is absolute nothing working in notification....

does not work for me at all....

Thanks

It worked without problems. Thanks for the instructions anthony

did you do anything different then explained? i downloaded the 2 necessary things and i downloaded the skyrim boot logo and selected it in settings and it still dont work?? any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    The A5 jailbreak has been out for 4 hours and you go and post this glitchy tweak as news. Ffs way to go and screw up people's newly jailbroken phones. Good job guys!
    Tatally Agree!
    Haha!!
    This wasn't a good move. Please remove this entire thread. Thank you very much.

LMOA! My custom boot logo woouldn't start immediately when my phone starts up. It starts after the default bootlogo dissapears. Which means, my custom boot logo plays while I'm on my lockscreen. Hope this will be fixed
    On 3GS 5.01 using animate+animated fix for 4.x.x
    Last edited by kuanyu; 01-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David03181986 View Post
    did you do anything different then explained? i downloaded the 2 necessary things and i downloaded the skyrim boot logo and selected it in settings and it still dont work?? any ideas
    Download a different bootlogo and see if it works

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    holy crap.. I tried this on my 5.0.1 Iphone 4. I wanted to get the ios5 setup animated boot logo..
    So after rebooting the phone,, my the phone's screen went into this crazy frenzy,, all kinds of glitches,, horizontold lines scrolling up and down.. half of the screen went black, just all kinds of weird crap was going on...somehow i managed to go into cydia during this psychedelic trip uninstall animate and related stuff.
    Back to normal now.. Just a heads up if someone else sees this
    Confirmed. Do not do this tweak

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast